Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 730646 times)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4065 on: July 14, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »
Ouch, Reika, I know the feeling. My first two oral surgeries left me feeling the exact same way. Even with my mouth stuffed so full of gauze it was painfully dry. :-\

I am having a serious snot problem this summer! Usually I have awful pollen allergies and I can't stop sneezing and dripping all over the place - but not this year. Instead, even despite the high humidity, I'm getting very thick, seriously uncomfortable crusts of dried snot all over the inside of my nose. And when I pick them out (because I kind of like breathing through my nose), I end up wanting to say "there's a massacre in my nose, and everyone's invited!" from the horrible nosebleeds I end up with.

Bleh. I can't win.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #4066 on: July 14, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »
I just realized I tend to share the yucky, bodily fluid-involving stories. But I have some good stories as well.

DH has a beard, and he will often get several hairs growing from the same pore, follicle???? Where there should be one hair, there are 6-10. These get inflamed and I get to squeeze out the hairs and the pus.

DH hates when I attack his face, so I know it's pretty bad if he asks me to take a look at something. Last time there was an almost dime sized, rock hard nodule. It took forever to clean out. There were 3 layers of ingrown hair clumps with over 10 hairs per clump!
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

JoW

« Reply #4067 on: July 14, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »
A woodchuck has decided my property is the perfect place to make a home.  I call him Chuckles.  He has tunnels all over the place.   Like most home owners I have shrubs along the front of the house. Chuckles has dug an entrance to his burrow system in the space between those shrubs and the house.  This is an 8" diameter hole at least a foot deep before the 1st turn.  I am concerned that he will damage my foundation, so I'm trying to get him to leave.  I'm not trying to kill him, I just want him to abandon the tunnels closest to my house.

Last fall I filled that tunnel with loose dirt he had left near the hole.  This spring he dug a new entrance about 2 feet from the old one.  Obviously filling it with dirt is not a permanent solution. 

I googled the problem, and one suggestion was to put predator urine near his burrows.  The article confirmed that used cat litter counts as predator urine.  So I have filled the burrow with used cat litter.  Its working.  I haven't seen any evidence of a new tunnel in that areal 

The burrow is about 4 feet from my front door, which I rarely use.  It hasn't rained since I started this project.  When it does finally rain I don't think anyone will want to use that door.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4068 on: July 14, 2013, 07:19:25 PM »
I don't deal well with vomit, and on this particular day, I had 3, 3 different times while I was using the bathroom. The last time was the worst. I went in to use the potty at the end of the day, and I could hear her retching. I came out of the stall, and went to the sink trying to put my brain anywhere else. I go to grap a paper towel from the combo trash can paper towel dispenster, and there is vomit all over that, and on the floor. I quickly change direction and grab towels from the wall unit. I look up and there is vomit all over the floor and trash can by the door, like the lady instead of opening it, just vomited all over it.

I told a CSM that she needed to get a member of maintanence to the restroom ASAP, and why. I saw the maintenance person, and told her what was wrong with the bathroom that it needed an emergency cleaning.

Meanwhile, I am trying to convince my stomache to not turn inside out, it took 2 hours before my stomache completely settled down.

I talked to the maintenance person the next day, and she said it took her 2 hours to clean the bathroom. Not only was it on the trashcans and floor, but also where she had smeared her hand down the wall, the stall she used, including the floor and walls in there.

Now, I understand, people get sick, however, if you have just completely art decoed a public bathroom, and don't feel you have to clean up your mess, at least have the decency to tell someone it needs to be cleaned. This person did not do that.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4069 on: July 15, 2013, 03:34:37 PM »
I don't deal well with vomit, and on this particular day, I had 3, 3 different times while I was using the bathroom. The last time was the worst. I went in to use the potty at the end of the day, and I could hear her retching. I came out of the stall, and went to the sink trying to put my brain anywhere else. I go to grap a paper towel from the combo trash can paper towel dispenster, and there is vomit all over that, and on the floor. I quickly change direction and grab towels from the wall unit. I look up and there is vomit all over the floor and trash can by the door, like the lady instead of opening it, just vomited all over it.

I told a CSM that she needed to get a member of maintanence to the restroom ASAP, and why. I saw the maintenance person, and told her what was wrong with the bathroom that it needed an emergency cleaning.

Meanwhile, I am trying to convince my stomache to not turn inside out, it took 2 hours before my stomache completely settled down.

I talked to the maintenance person the next day, and she said it took her 2 hours to clean the bathroom. Not only was it on the trashcans and floor, but also where she had smeared her hand down the wall, the stall she used, including the floor and walls in there.

Now, I understand, people get sick, however, if you have just completely art decoed a public bathroom, and don't feel you have to clean up your mess, at least have the decency to tell someone it needs to be cleaned. This person did not do that.

Ugh. we had that in our customer bathroom in my store. like someone had projectile vomitted all over, and then just left. where it dried. one brave CW, who has two small kids, volunteered to clean it. it took her quite some time, and even then, since we usually lack the proper cleaning stuff, as we have no cleaning service, had to get bleach and a mop as it was in the grout and crevices in the floor, and utnil that was cleaned, it stunk of puke.

cwm

« Reply #4070 on: July 15, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
I had to puke at work one day. My location (grooming salon) was up at the front of the store. The only bathroom was all the way back at the back of the store, around a few walls. I straight up RAN all the way there, hands to my mouth, and ended up holding a bit of it by the time I made it into the bathroom.

Barely made it to the stall. Didn't make it to the toilet. And I knew this company only hired a cleaning crew for things like sweeping the floors and doing windows, basic stuff. Didn't know if bathroom cleaning was included, but I knew I wouldn't want to subject anyone else to that. I went and took a cleaning sign, blocked off the ladies' room, and proceeded to clean up my mess. Except I can't handle vomit too well either. So I puked two more times while I was cleaning it up. Took me about five times as long as it should have, but I refused to make someone else clean up my mess.

The thing is, I went back to the salon and had to deal with a dog's diarrhea and messy stinky anal glands. Not a problem in the least, I was perfectly fine. It's just puke that I can't deal with.

alkira6

« Reply #4071 on: July 17, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »
Bathroom gross out. I recently had to do a 48 hour water only fast after purging.  As my first meal I ate 2 pounds of ranier cherries, 2 plums,  and an avocado with salt.( What?! I was hungry! Not smart, hungry.)

The end results were immediate and epic. EPIC.  I am glad that we have 2 bathrooms and a really good venting fan. I have been banished until the whole episode has definitely concluded.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4072 on: July 17, 2013, 05:06:19 PM »
Last night, our cat Cindy (or as I call her, Thunderbutt) decided to do something she never does: she slept right up against me.  Pressed herself right up against my rear end.  (Those of you who see it coming, raise your hand.)

I had *monstrous* gas, and poor Cindy was at ground zero.  I swear, outside of chili I never have gas that bad.  She never sleeps pressed against me... and likely never will again.  What I did to poor Thunderbutt is considered a war crime in several nations!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4073 on: July 17, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
Last night, our cat Cindy (or as I call her, Thunderbutt) decided to do something she never does: she slept right up against me.  Pressed herself right up against my rear end.  (Those of you who see it coming, raise your hand.)

I had *monstrous* gas, and poor Cindy was at ground zero.  I swear, outside of chili I never have gas that bad.  She never sleeps pressed against me... and likely never will again.  What I did to poor Thunderbutt is considered a war crime in several nations!

<snerk> that is hilarious   ;D
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4074 on: July 17, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
*Writing report to UN about Traska's chemical warfare attack on poor Thunderbutt.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4075 on: July 17, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »
*Writing report to UN about Traska's chemical warfare attack on poor Thunderbutt.

*Thinking that the wrong mammal is named Thunderbutt*
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog (M); Magpie (M); Zuul (F); Nazgul (F)

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4076 on: July 17, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »

BAHAHA ;D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4077 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »

You'd think so, but this cat is all butt.  ALL butt.  But yeah, I admit to bringing the thunder last night...

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #4078 on: July 17, 2013, 11:27:42 PM »

You'd think so, but this cat is all butt.  ALL butt.  But yeah, I admit to bringing the thunder last night...

Prove it :D (the cat, not you  :P)
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4079 on: July 18, 2013, 02:06:26 PM »

<snerk> that is hilarious   ;D

Too funny!

Not gross, but funny. I'm watching my friend's dogs this week. And the little one flinches at any noise. I frequently have to let one loose just after I wake up, and each and every time, esp if they're loud, she flinches and looks like something bit her. The look on her face is priceless!