Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 696469 times)

cwm

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4080 on: July 18, 2013, 02:25:50 PM »
I knew a dog that had the rankest, most nasty farts in the world. NOTHING has compared since.

She'd fart, and you'd know because she'd look around the whole room checking to make sure nobody actually witnessed her. Then she'd start wagging her tail to spread the smell around.

Once she did it right as the air came on, and it blew the smell right back at her. She RAN out of the room as fast as she possibly could and would shoot us evil glares, like how dare we let that smell into the room while she was there?

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4081 on: July 18, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
I'm throwing VorGuy into Etiquette Hell's gross room.

He had some "places" on his scalp frozen earlier this summer (Scotts-Irish & raised in Tucson, AZ, USA in the 1950s & early 1960s - when "a little sun" was considered healthy).  His dad has had at least eight skin cancer surgeries - so he knows that he is at high risk.

He's had two skin cancers on his shoulders removed.

The gross part?  He is peeling the scabs off the places on his scalp and placing them on the night stand by the bed...at home, in the hotel on the way here, and in the resort.  He can't SEE what he is doing, so the scabs are coming off "too soon" and ooze serum & stuff. 

He then complains that the places aren't healing - but every time I look at him, he is scratching his scalp.

I need a larger Cast Iron Frying Pan of DUH!  Because he will not stop scratching!!!

I have a witness, too!  He was doing it in front of DD (Ambrosia Hino)!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #4082 on: July 18, 2013, 09:52:33 PM »
I'll admit to being a scab-peeler, too. This time it's on my ears. I get clusters of cysts in my earlobes, which require having dear mother stab them with a very sharp object (not really that bad) and then squeeze them until they're either empty, her fingers are tired, or I start screaming at her to QUIT IT ALREADY. (The bad part.) She just had to do that with a new one the other day, and I very shamefully admit to constantly picking the scab off when it forms...

In my own defense, the rest of the stuff does need to come out, but it's too solid to go anywhere, so I'm really not helping. :(
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4083 on: July 19, 2013, 10:07:57 AM »
I'll admit to being a scab-peeler, too. This time it's on my ears. I get clusters of cysts in my earlobes, which require having dear mother stab them with a very sharp object (not really that bad) and then squeeze them until they're either empty, her fingers are tired, or I start screaming at her to QUIT IT ALREADY. (The bad part.) She just had to do that with a new one the other day, and I very shamefully admit to constantly picking the scab off when it forms...

In my own defense, the rest of the stuff does need to come out, but it's too solid to go anywhere, so I'm really not helping. :(

VorSon learned to use needles on the cysts in his own ears, in self defense.  It almost looks like he used to have pierced ears in a couple of places.....remembering when I was a teenager and it was MY mother draining the "stuff".  I started doing it myself, if there was any way that I could.  But there are places that only someone else can really see and get to (shoulder blades & spine come to mind). 
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

cwm

« Reply #4084 on: July 19, 2013, 11:10:38 AM »
I wish I had someone to help with cysts. I get them on the underside of my jaw, where I just can't see what I'm doing without massive contortions, even with a series of mirrors. Or the backs of my knees, that's another place I get them.

Don't know if I've mentioned this one. I get skin tags on my underarms. One of them swelled up really big one day. I went to look at it and there was...well, I'm not sure if it was a sebaceous cyst or just a pore filled with regular junk, but I squeezed out a good-sized glob of ick out of a skin tag. It hasn't filled up again since, but I'm kind of secretly hoping...

deadbody

« Reply #4085 on: July 19, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »
Got another staph infection this week, missed a week of work.  Sitting hard on my thigh so moving was really painful.  Steadily draining some each day (because it isn't swelling up but swelling across, so when I can drain some I am) got into the shower, and the hot water was enough to start the sore draining a bit, gave it a good squeeze and it was like niagra falls in there.  tons of blood and pus and blood clots.  totally disgusting yet fascinating.  Got out of the shower and felt as good as I have all week.  Only bandaid in the house (since the wife just took the first aid kit camping with the girls) is toy story.  Now woody and Buzz are guarding my wound.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4086 on: July 19, 2013, 12:13:52 PM »
Excellent guards!

I had what seemed like a normal (for me) sinus infection, and it lasted all day yesterday. I wanted soup and grilled cheese sandwiches and had those. I think the soup might have been over the hill because I have had gas and urgent bathroom trips all day at work.  :o

deadbody

« Reply #4087 on: July 19, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »
Got another staph infection this week, missed a week of work.  Sitting hard on my thigh so moving was really painful.  Steadily draining some each day (because it isn't swelling up but swelling across, so when I can drain some I am) got into the shower, and the hot water was enough to start the sore draining a bit, gave it a good squeeze and it was like niagra falls in there.  tons of blood and pus and blood clots.  totally disgusting yet fascinating.  Got out of the shower and felt as good as I have all week.  Only bandaid in the house (since the wife just took the first aid kit camping with the girls) is toy story.  Now woody and Buzz are guarding my wound.

Just as an aside Mrs. Deadbody and I figure I have drained at least a cup of blood and pus mix out this week.  it kinda looks like vodka sauce.

perpetua

« Reply #4088 on: July 19, 2013, 04:43:49 PM »
I have sinus issues too. Some kind of chronic rhino-sinusitis, I think. I saw an ENT consultant this week and he started me on a new steroid nasal spray. Oh my. The sheer amount of snot since... I didn't think it was possible for one person to harbour so much snot.

Still. Better out than in, as my mother used to say about everything except farts, which didn't happen in our house ever. I've been her daughter for over 40 years and in that time I've never heard her fart even once.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:45:21 PM by perpetua »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4089 on: July 22, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »
Hmm, wonder if she is the "silent but deadly" type like my sister.

Snooks

« Reply #4090 on: July 23, 2013, 03:47:49 PM »
I had to have a temporary dental crown removed today, when it was popped off there was a really weird (but grossly enjoyable) bad breath smell that came out from under it.

greencat

« Reply #4091 on: July 24, 2013, 03:26:11 AM »
I had a pretty epic gross-out today.  I realized that at some point, I dropped what I think was a towel on the way in and out of the house while doing laundry, and it fell behind where the porch door usually opens, so I hadn't noticed it in what must have been quite some time.  It definitely appeared to have gotten wet - not surprising, rain blows in the porch, and judging by the smell, I think something (dog? cat? both) must have peed on it. 

Due to the condition, I decided I was going to just throw the towel away, and I chose to clean it up by sliding my big industrial-sized metal dust pan under it and just lifting up.  I am so glad I did not try to pick it up with my hands!  You see, what I apparently had was no longer a towel, but a meal-worm farm.  It disintegrated as I tried to shove the dust pan underneath it.  It was just a mass of squirming inch-long maggoty things  :o

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4092 on: July 24, 2013, 09:06:01 AM »
Wow  :o

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4093 on: July 24, 2013, 09:49:58 AM »
I had a pretty epic gross-out today.  I realized that at some point, I dropped what I think was a towel on the way in and out of the house while doing laundry, and it fell behind where the porch door usually opens, so I hadn't noticed it in what must have been quite some time.  It definitely appeared to have gotten wet - not surprising, rain blows in the porch, and judging by the smell, I think something (dog? cat? both) must have peed on it. 

Due to the condition, I decided I was going to just throw the towel away, and I chose to clean it up by sliding my big industrial-sized metal dust pan under it and just lifting up.  I am so glad I did not try to pick it up with my hands!  You see, what I apparently had was no longer a towel, but a meal-worm farm.  It disintegrated as I tried to shove the dust pan underneath it.  It was just a mass of squirming inch-long maggoty things  :o

I would've put the whole mass out for the birds!
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Reader

« Reply #4094 on: July 24, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »
I've had pink eye for 2 days now, and my eye has been draining a yellowish mucus until today.  And the last 2 mornings I've had to use a wet wash cloth to remove the dried dishcharge from overnight.