Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 797878 times)

greencat

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4170 on: August 20, 2013, 02:25:33 AM »
I once spent some time cleaning up after a drunk friend - she vomited in the sink at the restaurant we were at.  It was like movie-barf - thick and chunky and soupy and gross.  It was far too thick to wash down the drain, and it filled the entire sink basin.  There were definite words spoken about her drinking habits after that incident (one of a few in a series of similar incidents.)  Cleaning up someone else's vomit when I wasn't getting paid for it - and in fact, had paid for part of what got thrown up because it was some sort of celebratory dinner for her - was a bit beyond the call of friendly duties.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4171 on: August 21, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
I work at a gas station. Its my responsibility to keep the bathroom clean during my shift. New girl came in, but she wouldn't touch it. *sigh*
 :(
Wuss! (new girl, not you, diesel darlin)

;D Apparently since I am the son my mama never had, I get the "fun" jobs. It happens at every job I have ever worked. Even though I have a weak stomach.  ;D

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #4172 on: August 21, 2013, 11:49:18 PM »
I got this in an email and thought of this thread, so here ya go!

http://tasteofcountry.com/jake-owen-severed-finger-photo/

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4173 on: August 21, 2013, 11:54:40 PM »

:o ??? :'(  owie!

cwm

« Reply #4174 on: August 22, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »

:o ??? :'(  owie!

Yeah, that sure looks painful.

But awesome at the same time.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4175 on: August 22, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »
On Tuesday night, DH made a big pot of rice and a big pot of beans. We had that with our dinner.

Being frugal, I packed lunches of the same for the next day. I took mine to work, and ate it for lunch. Big mistake.

My digestive system only has so much tolerance for beans and rice. Two meals within 24 hours was over that level. I had cramps, gas, and cramps. I think I sweated beans and rice. I still have gas from that. I am foregoing all unnecessary meetings with others so they survive until this is over.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4176 on: August 22, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »
I noticed today that I have a sore spot on my nose. The kind that feels like one of those painful zits coming up, but there was no bump or anything, and no redness.

So I was in the bathroom about an hour ago and gently poked at the sore spot. A burst of zit goo popped out and flew onto the bathroom mirror. I mean, I didn't even squeeze at it or anything. Just touched it to test if it was still sore. It was like a ninja zit. I'm kind of glad it popped before it even really surfaced, cause if it had grown to full size there's no telling what it would've been like.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4177 on: August 22, 2013, 09:07:53 PM »
I noticed today that I have a sore spot on my nose. The kind that feels like one of those painful zits coming up, but there was no bump or anything, and no redness.

So I was in the bathroom about an hour ago and gently poked at the sore spot. A burst of zit goo popped out and flew onto the bathroom mirror. I mean, I didn't even squeeze at it or anything. Just touched it to test if it was still sore. It was like a ninja zit. I'm kind of glad it popped before it even really surfaced, cause if it had grown to full size there's no telling what it would've been like.
The perfect centerpiece for your Halloween costume? ;D
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

cwm

« Reply #4178 on: August 23, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »
I just got over a zit right in the cleft of my top lip. So I popped it when it got super icky and pus-filled.

And then a few minutes later when it's still slowly oozing but not quite healed, I felt a bit of wetness of my lip. So I did the complete natural thing. I licked it.

I can't tell you how fast I ran right back into the bathroom to spit it all out. Gross.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #4179 on: August 23, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »
DD is potty training and not doing particularly well, but she's enthusiastic about wearing panties instead of diapers. We were at McDonalds the other day when she informed me that she had poop on her dress. (not really, it was totally confined to her underwear) As I cleaned her up in the bathroom I had to face a terrible dilemma. I could either 1:just call it a loss and toss the dirty panties or 2:roll the dirty panties as small as possible, wrap them in copious amounts of toilet paper and put them in my pocket.

1 is gross to the poor employee who has to empty the trash. Also, it's expensive. DD refuses to wear non-licensed character underwear.
2 is gross to me. And it would have to go in my pocket because I have to carry Baby and hold the 2 big kids' hands.

As soon as I got home I threw my pants and her underwear into the wash and jumped into the shower.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

EMuir

« Reply #4180 on: August 23, 2013, 05:15:38 PM »
I'm fostering some kittens for the local shelter.  They are five weeks old and have the typical "cat cold".  They are on meds for it.  One kitten has one eye that has been really bad, crusted shut so we have to use a warm wet cloth to open it and put antibiotic ointment on it.

Yesterday there was some swelling around the eye and when I got it open there was a little fountain of clear liquid that came squirting up out of the corner of his eyelid.  I was ok but the other two witnesses said it really squicked them out because it was eye-related.

Poor fella, must have felt way better after that pressure was released. His eye is ok.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4181 on: August 23, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
Younger brother moved back home to finish college in his mid-twenties. 

He found a large pimple in his armpit - Mom looked at it and told him that it wasn't ready - maybe the next day after he'd taken a shower, so the area would be CLEAN (former science teacher - alcohol and/or flame sterilization was done on all needles used for that sort of thing - and they still might end up soaking in alcohol inside an empty prescription bottle if the "thing" was nasty looking for hours afterward).

So, next day he showers, using extra soap to clean up and lets the HOT water run over the soapy hairy area to get it clean and soap free.  I don't know if he touched it or not.....

But I understand that it was a much longer shower than usual and when he came out, he tossed all the towels from the bathroom into the washing machine with HOT water and lots of soap.  Then told Mom that he already cleaned the shower and "nothing had gotten on the shower curtain" but that he no longer needed the large pimple (nickel sized or the size of an adult woman's thumbnail cut rather square) looked at.....

Apparently the pressure of the hot water caused it to open and drain in the shower.....and he had to keep the water running while he rinsed down himself and the tile wall.....several times.....and then washed the hand towels, bath towels, wash cloth (face flannel to the Europeans), and possibly the small floor rugs, too......
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:44:49 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

GreenHall

« Reply #4182 on: August 23, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »
I'm concerned that my first mental response to so many of these stories is "I never get the cool stuff".

The uncool stuff, on the other hand....last Saturday (my sleep in day) I had to get up earlier than I wanted, because, lying horizontally, I could feel blood oozing out from around the tampon.

So glad I already have a physical scheduled to go back on the pill.

Sapphire23

• I'm a smart cookie!
« Reply #4183 on: August 23, 2013, 07:39:25 PM »
DD is potty training and not doing particularly well, but she's enthusiastic about wearing panties instead of diapers. We were at McDonalds the other day when she informed me that she had poop on her dress. (not really, it was totally confined to her underwear) As I cleaned her up in the bathroom I had to face a terrible dilemma. I could either 1:just call it a loss and toss the dirty panties or 2:roll the dirty panties as small as possible, wrap them in copious amounts of toilet paper and put them in my pocket.

1 is gross to the poor employee who has to empty the trash. Also, it's expensive. DD refuses to wear non-licensed character underwear.
2 is gross to me. And it would have to go in my pocket because I have to carry Baby and hold the 2 big kids' hands.

As soon as I got home I threw my pants and her underwear into the wash and jumped into the shower.

Keep a handful of Ziploc bags with you. That way when you run into situations like that, you can just stuff the items into the bags and put the bags in your pocket.
Never make someone a priority, when they only make you an option.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #4184 on: August 24, 2013, 12:26:43 AM »

Keep a handful of Ziploc bags with you. That way when you run into situations like that, you can just stuff the items into the bags and put the bags in your pocket.

Can I just say you're kind of a genius? I'm going to put some in with the back up underwear/clothes in the van right now.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz