Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 719903 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4200 on: August 28, 2013, 02:28:44 PM »
My elderly cat seems to be increasing the amount of barfing he does.

Yesterday, I came home and there were three piles of barf. I placed paper towels on them to absorb the moisture, then planned to vacuum and shampoo the spots. A bit later, I looked and there were two roaches on the paper towel, consuming the liquid. Eww!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4201 on: August 28, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »
One of my cats only spits up liquid when she barfs.  I have to clean that up.  But the other one?  When she horks up a hairball, if I don't get to it right away, I don't have to clean it up.  She does that for me.  Blech...
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4202 on: August 28, 2013, 03:57:08 PM »
I have it on good authority that watermelon turns daemonic when it rots.

It does.

It smells like dead flesh. Like it'd be hard to tell the difference between the stink of a rotten watermelon and a possum that had been dead for 3 days on the road in august.

cwm

« Reply #4203 on: August 28, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »
I have it on good authority that watermelon turns daemonic when it rots.

It does.

It smells like dead flesh. Like it'd be hard to tell the difference between the stink of a rotten watermelon and a possum that had been dead for 3 days on the road in august.

So sneaking a rotten watermelon into a botanical gardens with a corpse flower would be a cruel joke and raise people's expectations unnecessarily? Good to know...

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4204 on: August 29, 2013, 12:04:18 AM »
I finally have one. A good one I mean. I dunno whether to be excited or horrified.

So my shift ends late... I get home when it is dark. Mom is always asleep when I arrive home. Tonight mom had gone into her room with the dog instead of laying on the couch. She had also closed the bathroom door and the door to my room (the less for Ciaran to get into, the better!).

I get home, drop my stuff, do a few things... open my bedroom door... and am met with a stench. I think, 'Okay it's just normal closed up stench'. I walk over to turn on my computer (Gotta get in my ehell fix for the night doncha know?) and there is a pile of poop on my floor. Yeesh. Now I knew why it smelled so bad. Ick.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #4205 on: August 29, 2013, 02:02:49 AM »
On the rare occasions Pilsner messes in the house, the whole house stinks and nothing contains it. Not that we've tried, but this is a dog whose flatulence could easily be the subject of international bioweapons treaties. Even in the dead of winter, in the mountains of Colorado, windows will be WIDE open.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

cwm

« Reply #4206 on: August 29, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »
A friend's dog had what she called "milk farts" because they smelled like rotten milk. Months old rotten milk, at that.

And every single dog I've ever met, once it's farted, has wagged its tail to happily spread the smell in the widest possible distribution pattern and then they smile about it.

snowfire

« Reply #4207 on: August 29, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »
Dogs have a lot in common with teenage boys.  They think that gross bodily functions are extremely funny.

deadbody

« Reply #4208 on: August 29, 2013, 02:00:43 PM »
Dogs have a lot in common with teenage boys men of all ages.  They think that gross bodily functions are extremely funny.

Sorry had to correct that for you.

Shea

« Reply #4209 on: August 29, 2013, 02:10:09 PM »
I had one this morning. I was pumicing my feet (I get terrible deep cracks in my feet in summer if I don't exfoliate regularly, which is a whole 'nother gross-out) and I noticed that a little scrape I had on one of my toes didn't appear to be healing. It had been scabbed over for quite some time, so out of curiosity I poked it. Not hard, but it broke open and way more pus than seemed possible for a scrape less than a centimeter across came out. All over my toes. It was both surprising and quite gross. But hey, maybe it will heal now!

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

cwm

« Reply #4210 on: August 29, 2013, 03:54:05 PM »
Okay, I have to admit, the dogs I'm dog sitting for are spoiled. They get wet food mixed in to their dry food at night. They have really good quality dry food, but they get the cheapest wet food and get it mixed with hot water to make a sort of gravy to go on top of the dry food. (About 1/3 can food for two medium dogs, so not much wet food each). It's disgusting. It looks like baby diarrhea and smells even worse. I have to hold my breath the entire time, and they're clamoring about me while I make it for them and carry it downstairs in a bowl to put over their food. They're thrilled. I consider it a small price to pay for dog sitting such great dogs.

greencat

« Reply #4211 on: August 29, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »
I already told my worst smelling food story upthread (cabbage that had been in the fridge long enough to liquefy, which then set unrefrigerated in tupperware for some time).  The second worst food stench I've ever encountered, though, was the time I, not knowing any better, stored potatoes and onions together in a plastic bag.  They engage in some kind of mutually-assured-destruction chemical warfare when you store them together. Both potatoes and onions merged into a single sludge, in a remarkably short period of time for root vegetables, and stunk up the entire house.  It took me awhile to figure out what on earth was causing the stench, because it had been less than a week since I bought those vegetables and I didn't suspect them of going bad yet!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4212 on: August 29, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »
I had one this morning. I was pumicing my feet (I get terrible deep cracks in my feet in summer if I don't exfoliate regularly, which is a whole 'nother gross-out) and I noticed that a little scrape I had on one of my toes didn't appear to be healing. It had been scabbed over for quite some time, so out of curiosity I poked it. Not hard, but it broke open and way more pus than seemed possible for a scrape less than a centimeter across came out. All over my toes. It was both surprising and quite gross. But hey, maybe it will heal now!

I get the same cracked heels...and sometimes it takes two weeks to exfoliate and moisturize ENOUGH to get them to heal. 

I was scratching my knee during a game of cards over the weekend....looked down and realized that I had a "matter" filled fire ant bit on the right side of my right knee...that was itching so badly that it was ruining my ability to count my cards and figure my bid....so I drained it. 

For some reason, THAT seemed to put off everyone else at the table.  Since Mom used to spend five minutes before bed in our teen years opening & draining anything she could find, you'd think that SHE was inured to the sight.  I did wash my hands after I told the scorekeeper my bid....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:14:21 AM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4213 on: August 29, 2013, 11:27:55 PM »
We took youngest son home today, and while driving through the small town he lives in I smelled a stench that can only be described as cabbage being boiled in liquid manure.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4214 on: August 30, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »
Came home tonight... more poop in my closed up room... *Sigh* not sure if it is the dog or the cat....