Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 768184 times)

Reika

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4245 on: September 05, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »
http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/64676/pets-with-problems/

The comment by Ian Osmond reminds me of this thread, and it had me killing myself I was laughing so hard at it!

Ha! Though sometimes cats will break wind and let me tell you, it's is ripe.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4246 on: September 05, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »
We adopted a 9 month old kitten from the shelter.  His shelter name was "Odie."  We renamed him "Buddy" because he's so friendly.  We thought Odie was an odd name for a cat, but whatever.  We had no idea it was short for odoriferous.  As in, oh my diety what died? when Buddy poops.  It is the nastiest poop I've ever smelled, and poop is my business, so I've smelled a lot of poop.  Buddy also lays down those SBD fart bombs.  Sends us running for the Lysol and open all windows & doors.  His name is still "Buddy," except when he poops and farts when we revert to calling him "Odie." >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

cwm

« Reply #4247 on: September 05, 2013, 09:03:16 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1394627300765479&set=vb.472598579464900&type=2&theater

The video is called Clogged pore for 25 years, and it's basically an excavation. And huge. And disgusting. But I couldn't imagine looking away.

Those of you medically inclined may feel the need to yell at people for not wearing gloves.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4248 on: September 05, 2013, 09:15:49 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1394627300765479&set=vb.472598579464900&type=2&theater

The video is called Clogged pore for 25 years, and it's basically an excavation. And huge. And disgusting. But I couldn't imagine looking away.

Those of you medically inclined may feel the need to yell at people for not wearing gloves.

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ;D
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4249 on: September 05, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »
At first it looks like tar...then it goes an odd color - wonder if it is the light.....so grossly aweful....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #4250 on: September 06, 2013, 09:22:40 AM »
We adopted a 9 month old kitten from the shelter.  His shelter name was "Odie."  We renamed him "Buddy" because he's so friendly.  We thought Odie was an odd name for a cat, but whatever.  We had no idea it was short for odoriferous.  As in, oh my diety what died? when Buddy poops.  It is the nastiest poop I've ever smelled, and poop is my business, so I've smelled a lot of poop.  Buddy also lays down those SBD fart bombs.  Sends us running for the Lysol and open all windows & doors.  His name is still "Buddy," except when he poops and farts when we revert to calling him "Odie." >:D
My dear departed Mary Alice did that sometimes. We were moving cross country (FL to AR) and she let one rip in the UHaul. Not only did we ride the next fifty miles with the windows down, we were afraid we might not get our damage deposit back once they smelled the cab, even a day later. Ugh!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4251 on: September 06, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »
From the sinus crap I have had all week, I now have cracked skin around my nostrils. I can see parts of the skin when I look down, hanging off my nose.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #4252 on: September 06, 2013, 07:18:41 PM »

I'll bet that smelled bad, too.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #4253 on: September 08, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »
I have the faint grossness of being able to SMELL the respiratory infection I'm developing.  It's also all heading down my throat, so I sound like a lifelong smoker and am frequently coughing up balls of mucus.  It's kind of weird because despite the infection my sinuses aren't horribly congested.

Oh thats the worst. I hate when I can do that. I had something once where I couldn't escape the TASTE of my infection. I went through a bag and a half of vitamin C drops daily because unless i was sleeping i COULD NOT be alone with my own mouth or I'd start gagging.

And that's something I doubt i can admit anywhere else.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4254 on: September 08, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »
I have the faint grossness of being able to SMELL the respiratory infection I'm developing.  It's also all heading down my throat, so I sound like a lifelong smoker and am frequently coughing up balls of mucus.  It's kind of weird because despite the infection my sinuses aren't horribly congested.

Oh thats the worst. I hate when I can do that. I had something once where I couldn't escape the TASTE of my infection. I went through a bag and a half of vitamin C drops daily because unless i was sleeping i COULD NOT be alone with my own mouth or I'd start gagging.

And that's something I doubt i can admit anywhere else.

I am in that same boat right now - but after being on antibiotics for over a week, I want off this danged boat.

I'm running out of cough drops....vitamin c drops....and even peppermint candies (anything to get the taste covered up).

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4255 on: September 08, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »
I am steam cleaning the dining room carpet (Oriental style rug on tile - not wall to wall) - long story about doing while sick, but since the furniture is out of the way, it might as well get done.

The dining room didn't smell odd or look that dirty (well, until I rolled up part of the rug & saw fine dirt under it).  But the smell of the gritty coffee colored water that is in the tank to be emptied has me wondering what was in the rug.....and glad that I don't have much of a sense of smell right now.....

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4256 on: September 08, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
When I first bought my Dyson vacuum, I went over the throw rug about 20 times, out of sheer morbid fascination at what was STILL coming up.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4257 on: September 08, 2013, 03:18:44 PM »
We bought the steam cleaner about twenty years ago, when we bought a used minivan that had some interesting stains, enough red Georgia clay to plant seeds in (front passenger floor mat), and smelled really nasty....it was the same price as getting the car interior detailed ONE time.

I was either pregnant or had a new baby and an older child - that machine has more than paid for itself over the last couple of decades.  Several used vehicles were detailed - after we bought them or getting them ready to sell, flooded basement cleaned (twice), cleaned carpets when we moved out of a rental house (why put white carpet in a living room & dining room?), cleaned our new house when we moved in (it is also a tank vacuum and I happened to have it available - more than two cups of some kind of scented powder by the time I got the whole house vacuumed), and cleaned up coffee spills & more in the vehicles we owned (instead of having to have them detailed). 

I like using it once a year or so on the family vehicle - more often if VorGuy manages to spill an entire travel mug of his morning coffee (I have no idea how he knocked it over and had the lid come off - but it took a while to steam clean that much coffee out of the carpet).  I even helped a friend steam clean a used vehicle that they bought from a smoker....her dH (now her divorced ex-h) just didn't think about her being allergic to cigarette smoke when he bought the thing.....it took two cleanings to get the smell reduced enough that she could no longer smell the smoke (and half a day to dry out - we went out for lunch in my vehicle while her vehicle sat in the sunlight with the windows cracked open in my driveway - in the sunlight).

That was one gross tank of nicotine & tar as well as dust, dirt, and I don't know what else - the vehicle had belonged to a car rental company before they bought it in 2000 or so.

And - if you want something really gross - forget to dump the tank contents while various things GROW in the used cleaning solution - things that seem to be mold, possibly some kind of bacteria with a foul odor, and I'm not sure what else.  I used BLEACH to clean the tank when I found that - after dumping the contents down the toilet and pouring bleach down the toilet, too.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:21:45 PM by VorFemme »

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4258 on: September 08, 2013, 10:29:15 PM »
When I first bought my Dyson vacuum, I went over the throw rug about 20 times, out of sheer morbid fascination at what was STILL coming up.

I did this as well, but stopped at 6 times. The carpet I vacuumed was a remnant placed over a hardwood floor. 

I was either pregnant or had a new baby and an older child - that machine has more than paid for itself over the last couple of decades.  Several used vehicles were detailed - after we bought them or getting them ready to sell, flooded basement cleaned (twice), cleaned carpets when we moved out of a rental house
And - if you want something really gross - forget to dump the tank contents while various things GROW in the used cleaning solution - things that seem to be mold, possibly some kind of bacteria with a foul odor, and I'm not sure what else.  I used BLEACH to clean the tank when I found that - after dumping the contents down the toilet and pouring bleach down the toilet, too.

CRUD MONKEYS!, there is nothing like that smell.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4259 on: September 08, 2013, 10:37:39 PM »

I did this as well, but stopped at 6 times. The carpet I vacuumed was a remnant placed over a hardwood floor. 

I had several large dogs at the time. 20 times was not enough.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.