Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 601744 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4260 on: September 08, 2013, 10:37:39 PM »
When I first bought my Dyson vacuum, I went over the throw rug about 20 times, out of sheer morbid fascination at what was STILL coming up.

I did this as well, but stopped at 6 times. The carpet I vacuumed was a remnant placed over a hardwood floor. 

I had several large dogs at the time. 20 times was not enough.
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4261 on: September 09, 2013, 07:55:36 AM »
When I first bought my Dyson vacuum, I went over the throw rug about 20 times, out of sheer morbid fascination at what was STILL coming up.

I did this as well, but stopped at 6 times. The carpet I vacuumed was a remnant placed over a hardwood floor. 

I had several large dogs at the time. 20 times was not enough.

I have cats.  I lost count over how times I went over my sofa with my Dyson, but it was a new color when I was done.   ;)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

cwm

« Reply #4262 on: September 09, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
I was either pregnant or had a new baby and an older child - that machine has more than paid for itself over the last couple of decades.  Several used vehicles were detailed - after we bought them or getting them ready to sell, flooded basement cleaned (twice), cleaned carpets when we moved out of a rental house (why put white carpet in a living room & dining room?), cleaned our new house when we moved in (it is also a tank vacuum and I happened to have it available - more than two cups of some kind of scented powder by the time I got the whole house vacuumed), and cleaned up coffee spills & more in the vehicles we owned (instead of having to have them detailed). 

So people who aren't like you will spill on it and stain it, not clean it up, and they can get good money from them to clean the carpet. Or if it's too stained to clean, they can charge even more money to put new carpet in, even if it's just new in some spots and the old carpet everywhere else, and then charge more for the apartment to the next people who rent it saying it's new carpeting.

I always steam clean apartment carpets. And it's really disgusting to see what a toddler can get into carpets that can't be fully cleaned out. At our old place there was still a faint pink stain when we left from where she had fruit juice. But you had to shine the light on it just right and know it had been there to see it. I don't think they charged us for it.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Runs with scissors!
« Reply #4263 on: September 09, 2013, 02:14:15 PM »
I was either pregnant or had a new baby and an older child - that machine has more than paid for itself over the last couple of decades.  Several used vehicles were detailed - after we bought them or getting them ready to sell, flooded basement cleaned (twice), cleaned carpets when we moved out of a rental house (why put white carpet in a living room & dining room?), cleaned our new house when we moved in (it is also a tank vacuum and I happened to have it available - more than two cups of some kind of scented powder by the time I got the whole house vacuumed), and cleaned up coffee spills & more in the vehicles we owned (instead of having to have them detailed). 

So people who aren't like you will spill on it and stain it, not clean it up, and they can get good money from them to clean the carpet. Or if it's too stained to clean, they can charge even more money to put new carpet in, even if it's just new in some spots and the old carpet everywhere else, and then charge more for the apartment to the next people who rent it saying it's new carpeting.

I always steam clean apartment carpets. And it's really disgusting to see what a toddler can get into carpets that can't be fully cleaned out. At our old place there was still a faint pink stain when we left from where she had fruit juice. But you had to shine the light on it just right and know it had been there to see it. I don't think they charged us for it.

The owner & his wife picked out the new white carpet when they were living in it - then he got orders (military) for overseas and it got rented out...I don't think that they had expected to rent it to people who apparently didn't OWN a vacuum cleaner (based on the color difference where the furniture had been and where people had been walking).

I was told that he had to replace carpet when they moved back in - someone had apparently left lit candles or something in metal containers on the carpet and there were melted & burned spots in odd places......as well as what looked like engine oil stains....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4264 on: September 09, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
We won't ever have wall-to-wall carpeting again.  We have pets.  We had 2 cats; Now we have 1 cat and 1 little dog.  This cat hasn't horked yet, but the dog has thrown up twice (in 4 months).  The cats we used to have would puke a couple times a week.  When we removed the carpet and had floating laminate flooring installed, we saw how much gunk was in the carpet backing.  Gross out!  Never again!!
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4265 on: September 09, 2013, 10:33:29 PM »
I had an IVFA test today to make sure the circulation in my retinas is as it should be, just a diagnostic to set a bench mark for future tests. The process is that they inject fluorescent dye into a vein in your hand or arm, then take pictures before and after to see how your circulation is. The pictures use a normal light and a fluorescing light to see the dye. My tech had a little trouble getting in a vein, so I have a large bruise on the back of my right hand (dominant). The dye discolored my skin and is causing me to have some interesting bathroom visits. I hope I don't have another one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescein_angiography

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4266 on: September 09, 2013, 10:39:41 PM »
I've had blue dye used on me to check for leaks after a surgery.  Thankfully a nurse let me know that my pee might be bright green....ftr, it was for a few days.   :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4267 on: September 10, 2013, 01:01:56 AM »
I've had blue dye used on me to check for leaks after a surgery.  Thankfully a nurse let me know that my pee might be bright green....ftr, it was for a few days.   :P

I've had Housemate come panicking to me a few times because she's peed red - usually the day after I've cooked roasted beetroot (beets).   ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4268 on: September 10, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »
Oh, I am still in the highlighter fluorescent yellow stage. I hope that passes soon.

Pun intended.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #4269 on: September 12, 2013, 12:00:33 AM »
For two years I had a benign tumor on top of my toe. It has been frozen, biopsied and cut out.
Each time, it came back.

On Monday, we made another attempt at removing it.

This time the surgeon made sure to take a big chunk out as well as digging around to try and remove all the scar tissue.

It took four stitches to close the hole. In addition, because the incision is on the joint, the Dr. also used super glue to seal the stitches.

So. When you put glue on a fresh incision that is is still oozing, the blood mixes with the glue.
The blood also dries and coagulates, creating a black crust of super-glue.
With little pieces of thread sticking out.

My toe looks like someone super-glued a family of squashed spiders to my foot, with random little legs sticking out.  :P

Oh, one it kinda really really hurts.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4270 on: September 12, 2013, 06:57:47 AM »
For two years I had a benign tumor on top of my toe. It has been frozen, biopsied and cut out.
Each time, it came back.

This time the surgeon made sure to take a big chunk out as well as digging around to try and remove all the scar tissue.

It took four stitches to close the hole. In addition, because the incision is on the joint, the Dr. also used super glue to seal the stitches.

So. When you put glue on a fresh incision that is is still oozing, the blood mixes with the glue.

My toe looks like someone super-glued a family of squashed spiders to my foot, with random little legs sticking out.  :P

I think I speak for everyone when I tell you, we want pictures of your spider toe.   ;)

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #4271 on: September 12, 2013, 09:39:43 AM »
Each time, it came back.

I think I speak for everyone when I tell you, we want pictures of your spider toe.   ;)

Hear, hear!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4272 on: September 12, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »
Third!

New medication I am on is indeed proving that the side effect warnings are accurate. I am one miserable person. Not staying on it after the end of the month.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #4273 on: September 12, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »
Hopefully this works.

Super-glue spider foot!

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/WhiteDragon66/slideshow/

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4274 on: September 12, 2013, 08:31:16 PM »
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius