Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 728474 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4305 on: September 26, 2013, 10:58:18 AM »
We have a lovely virus going around work, and one of my coworkers was blowing her nose. I am grossed out by snot, more than vomit, so I am trying really hard not to gag. What took the cake was when she told me snot comes out of her eye when she blows her nose. I had to walk away from her. I was laughing, and telling her how disgusting that was.

I ... wow, there's some strange anatomy going on in that woman.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #4306 on: September 26, 2013, 11:11:01 AM »
We have a lovely virus going around work, and one of my coworkers was blowing her nose. I am grossed out by snot, more than vomit, so I am trying really hard not to gag. What took the cake was when she told me snot comes out of her eye when she blows her nose. I had to walk away from her. I was laughing, and telling her how disgusting that was.

I ... wow, there's some strange anatomy going on in that woman.

I've had that happen before. Usually though it is when I am really runny from eating super spicy food. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4307 on: September 26, 2013, 12:11:24 PM »
I have had at least two occasions where my vomiting came out my sinuses, not that different.

emwithme

« Reply #4308 on: September 26, 2013, 12:26:49 PM »
I've had vomit come out of my tear ducts before...it was Not Pleasant.

cwm

« Reply #4309 on: September 26, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
Tear ducts are actually somewhat connected to the whole sinus area. That's how some people can snort milk into their nose and squirt it out their tear ducts.

Not me, but it's still fun to watch.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4310 on: September 26, 2013, 02:19:39 PM »
I was punched in the nose/eye once.  Didn't break my nose, but my eye puffed up when I blew my nose.  The nose wasn't aligned correctly (still isn't  :-\) so the air tried to exit my body through my eye.  It felt really weird when I put a cold washcloth on my eye and pressed down on the puffed up part.  I could feel the air bubble moving around in my sinuses.

One of my coworkers investigated a complaint last Monday.  Someone said there was human poop on a pristine beach in a remote part of the island.  My coworker collected a sample in a heavy gallon ziplock plastic bag.  Actually, he collected several pieces.  Since I am the Princess of Poop as well as the Queen of Sludge, it was my job to figure out whether it was human poop or turtle turds.  Without opening the bag, I squished a piece until it broke apart and I could see the dark green vegetative fibers inside.  "Yep," I announced, "Turtle turds!" ;D

Then I asked my current coworker if I could show the turds to my old supervisor. I often fielded complaints about turtle turds when I worked for old supervisor, but I never saw them before.  Old Supervisor told me that the way to tell the difference between a turtle turd and human poop is to step on it in bare feet.  If dark green sticky fibers squeeze up between your toes, it's turtle turds.  So when I brought the bag to Old Supervisor, the first thing he asked was, "Did you step on it?"  No, I didn't.  I'm not that into poop.

One of my former team mates was so excited, she took pictures of the turtle turds.  That way, when people call in, if they have an email address, we can email a picture of the squished turtle turds as an example of what they look like.  I wanted to show the monitoring section what turtle turds look like since they also get these complaints, but they were all squicked out.  "Get that out of my cubby!"  "Hey, I'm eating here!"  Wimps! >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Editeer

« Reply #4311 on: September 26, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »
When I have a bad cold, if I blow my nose, sometimes a little puff of air comes out of my tear duct. No snot, though.

I've had vomit come out of my tear ducts before...it was Not Pleasant.

That deserves at least an Honorable Mention in the gross-out contest.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4312 on: September 27, 2013, 07:27:58 AM »
You know you are immune to the gross out thread when...

You read it, and instead of getting grossed out by vomit coming out of someone's eye, you laugh so hard you cannot breathe.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #4313 on: September 27, 2013, 09:14:07 AM »
I think I'm becoming lactose intolerant. I had a lot of chocolate milk and ice cream yesterday, and was followed by a noxious green cloud all afternoon.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4314 on: September 27, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
Something is terribly wrong with my intestinal system. Ick.

Also, the right half of my nose is sore, but I can't find anything wrong with it!

missanpan

« Reply #4315 on: September 27, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »
My sister became painfully lactose intolerant after taking antibiotics.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #4316 on: September 27, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
Somewhat off-topic, but this has bugged me for a while - if even the lactase pills make you ill, are you just severely intolerant, or are you allergic?

(I tried them once. It was even less pretty than usual.)

(Edit: lactase, silly self, not lactose.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:51:07 PM by Liliane »
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4317 on: September 27, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »
The pills are lactase, the enzyme that processes lactose in dairy.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #4318 on: September 27, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »
Ah, you're right. My mistake. I knew it wasn't lactose but couldn't remember exactly...
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4319 on: September 27, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »
I was allergic/intolerant to lactose for 7 years. I love iced coffee. That did not mix well.