Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 602296 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4320 on: September 27, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »
I was allergic/intolerant to lactose for 7 years. I love iced coffee. That did not mix well.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4321 on: September 27, 2013, 09:22:12 PM »
I was allergic/intolerant to lactose for 7 years. I love iced coffee. That did not mix well.

I need to mix up a batch of cold brewed coffee concentrate.  For reasons.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #4322 on: September 27, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »
Something is terribly wrong with my intestinal system. Ick.

Also, the right half of my nose is sore, but I can't find anything wrong with it!

I've had that happen where it turned out there was a pimple INSIDE my nostril. >:( You have my sympathies on both problems!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4323 on: September 28, 2013, 08:13:28 AM »
I don't know if I've ever mentioned this or not, but I have Hidradentis suppurativa. Look up pictures with caution.  It causes some massive, hateful, painful, bloody, pus filled boils in not so nice places and can leave massive scarring.  I typically get them on my inner thigh and under my breast and it's bad enough that it has left scarring.  Oddly, I don't often get them in the most common place of the armpits.  It's a chronic skin condition with no cure...in my case, a hereditary one.

Several months ago, I underwent a radical diet change and the doctor had me cut out all sugar and refined carbs.  I am only eating meat/fish, dairy, non-starchy vegetables, fruit, and minimal amount of beans...no bread, no pasta, no rice, no potatoes, no wheat/gluten products of any kind. 

My HS, which I've had since puberty, has virtually vanished.  I cannot remember a time that I did not have a large painful boil somewhere on my body, usually several at a time (and when I say large, I mean the size of a ping pong ball was not unusual).  Right now I have one tiny, pea size one on my thigh and it doesn't even hurt.  Even my doctor commented on how much better it looked and the scarring seems to be fading some (AWESOME!).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #4324 on: September 28, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »
That's awesome, Dazi! Fingers crossed for your continued good health!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

ebrochu

« Reply #4325 on: September 28, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »
I don't know if I've ever mentioned this or not, but I have Hidradentis suppurativa. Look up pictures with caution.  It causes some massive, hateful, painful, bloody, pus filled boils in not so nice places and can leave massive scarring.  I typically get them on my inner thigh and under my breast and it's bad enough that it has left scarring.  Oddly, I don't often get them in the most common place of the armpits.  It's a chronic skin condition with no cure...in my case, a hereditary one.

Several months ago, I underwent a radical diet change and the doctor had me cut out all sugar and refined carbs.  I am only eating meat/fish, dairy, non-starchy vegetables, fruit, and minimal amount of beans...no bread, no pasta, no rice, no potatoes, no wheat/gluten products of any kind. 

My HS, which I've had since puberty, has virtually vanished.  I cannot remember a time that I did not have a large painful boil somewhere on my body, usually several at a time (and when I say large, I mean the size of a ping pong ball was not unusual).  Right now I have one tiny, pea size one on my thigh and it doesn't even hurt.  Even my doctor commented on how much better it looked and the scarring seems to be fading some (AWESOME!).

I'm a fellow sufferer of HS. I'm fascinated by the diet change. I found that as I grew older, my HS calmed down on its own, but I still get the boils. I didn't change my diet, it just...went into remission? But yeah, puberty was an awful time. For me, they were in my arm pits (thankfully none in the groin!) and the pain was so bad, I spent 3 years not being able to raise my arms. I had to basically keep my upper arms pressed against my body.

I will definitely change my diet, and see if it will help the last of it! And it's a good diet change to make anyway, for general health!

*gentle hugs*

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4326 on: September 28, 2013, 03:16:21 PM »

I'm a fellow sufferer of HS. I'm fascinated by the diet change. I found that as I grew older, my HS calmed down on its own, but I still get the boils. I didn't change my diet, it just...went into remission? But yeah, puberty was an awful time. For me, they were in my arm pits (thankfully none in the groin!) and the pain was so bad, I spent 3 years not being able to raise my arms. I had to basically keep my upper arms pressed against my body.

I will definitely change my diet, and see if it will help the last of it! And it's a good diet change to make anyway, for general health!

*gentle hugs*

I've heard from older female relatives that theirs significantly improved after menopause or them having hysterectomies.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4327 on: September 28, 2013, 09:56:01 PM »
My friend made a post on Facebook earlier about how a guy in line in front of her at Starbucks proceeded to throw up out of his drivers window.  :o

ebrochu

« Reply #4328 on: September 29, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »

*gentle hugs*

I've heard from older female relatives that theirs significantly improved after menopause or them having hysterectomies.

I can totally see why that would help calm it down. But since I'm not even 40 yet, I really don't want menopause yet! But I do have really bad endometriosis, so if my medication I'm currently on ever stops working, a hysterectomy might be the other option.

raininshadows

« Reply #4329 on: September 30, 2013, 12:51:22 AM »
I had vomit splatter onto me in a fast food bathroom once.

We were driving north through Tejon Pass (windy twisty mountain roads at 60-70 mph, and the interstate up through LA was basically stop-and-go traffic), and when we got out onto the plains section we stopped at a fast food place. I went to visit the restrooms while Dad ordered lunch for everyone. While I was in a stall, I heard from the one next to me "No, sweetie, just a bit further...."

Sweetie did not make it any further. Something white went all over the floor of the stall next to me. Some of it splattered under the divider. I wiped it off my leg and made a hasty exit. It was at least cleaned up hastily - when I told the story to my family, Dad commented that he'd wondered why they would pull someone off the registers to clean when the lines were nearly to the door.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4330 on: September 30, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »
Eeeew I'm sorry that happened.  :(My mom got barfed on at a concert. A guy was carsick and instead of going outside to cool off, he sat there and barfed all over my mom.  >:(

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #4331 on: September 30, 2013, 05:11:07 PM »
I just attended special teams academy this past week.  Part of the training was getting sprayed with oleoresin capsicum (pretty much pepper spray) directly in the face.  The amount of snot I produced was phenomenal.  The grossest part was 14 people blowing snot rocks in unison while a drill instructor called the cadence.

Him: "In cadence!"
Us: "In cadence!"
Him in a four count "Plug, breathe, blow, wipe. Plug, breathe, blow, wipe."
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4332 on: September 30, 2013, 05:12:52 PM »
Ok I laughed a little too hard at that.  ;D

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #4333 on: September 30, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
I just attended special teams academy this past week.  Part of the training was getting sprayed with oleoresin capsicum (pretty much pepper spray) directly in the face.  The amount of snot I produced was phenomenal.  The grossest part was 14 people blowing snot rocks in unison while a drill instructor called the cadence.

Him: "In cadence!"
Us: "In cadence!"
Him in a four count "Plug, breathe, blow, wipe. Plug, breathe, blow, wipe."

Please tell me you are posting that to YouTube.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #4334 on: September 30, 2013, 07:10:51 PM »
I'm just cracking up at the term "snot rocks"