Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 605822 times)

cwm

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4410 on: October 16, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »
Does anyone here watch Dads? It's a new comedy.

They had a thing last night that was so hilarious, and it just went on for a while. One of the guys had to get a physical, including an internal exam. The doctor started, and it just showed the patient's face and torso. And his reactions. It kept going, and going, and going. As it turns out, the doctor had expired, and was now stuck due to the patient's nervous reaction of clenching. It ended up with the grieving widow and a room full of other professionals and family members/friends of the patient asking for a moment alone with her late husband. Who was still stuck in this guy's bottom.

It's the mark of genius when you can play something off like this and stretch it out to half the episode without getting too tasteless. I mean, some lack of taste is going to be natural in it, but it was actually all handled pretty well.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #4411 on: October 22, 2013, 07:26:50 AM »
This is more funny than gross, but I didn't know where else to put it.  Yesterday, we brought the dog to (pet store that allows pets) for her to have her nails filed down.  On the way in, we stopped on the grassy patch so that she could 'do what she had to do' before we went in.  She was too excited to do more than a quick pee, so we brought her in and had her nails done.  She was in a bit of a hurry to leave the store, which was a bit unusual because she likes to greet everyone she sees, but we didn't think much of it.  Then, when we got outside, as soon as she stepped off the curb and into the parking lot, she made installment #2.  Right in the street. 

It gets better.  I jogged over to the grassy spot that has a baggie dispenser and little trash receptacle, retrieved a fresh poo baggie, and jogged back over to pick up our (now-satisfied) dog's mess.  I put the baggie over my hand, made a face (got laughed at by my brother), and a different voice cried out "Eeeeew!"  I looked up, and a little boy was going into the pet store with his mom.  He pointed at me, and said, "She's picking up poops with her hand!"  His mother shushed him, but looked like she was trying not to laugh.

Lesson learned...Next time we take her to get her nails done, we'll take her out back and make sure she's "empty" before telling her it's time to "go bye-byes in the car"...

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4412 on: October 22, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »
Ah, yes.  The Picking up of the Poo. >:D

It has been over 20 years since I had a dog.  In that time, I have moved from a single family dwelling with front and back yards to a condo with a lanai.  I used to let my dog poop in the backyard and clean it up once a week.  Now I do the responsible owner shtick - poo bag & all.  I really don't like the feel of warm dog poop, even through the plastic.  Bonus points for loose bowels or diarrhea [shudder].  I have to wash my hands right after I toss the bag in an appropriate receptacle.  I have individually wrapped wet ones in my purse for the dog park and more wet ones in the car for drives.

I much prefer mucking horse manure. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

magicdomino

« Reply #4413 on: October 22, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
The commercial threads have mentioned an ad for Poo-pourri, a liquid that one drips into the toilet to cover any subsequent odors.  On Sunday, Gene Weingarten tested Poo-pourri.

http://tinyurl.com/klyqy4r

The relevant paragraph:

I am here to make my report. I am typing this in the first-floor powder room of my home. I have just used the product as directed and can report that, as promised, there is no typical bathroom smell. Instead, there is a suffocating pseudo-floral stench far more vile than anything the human body can produce. I feel as though I am trapped in a bathysphere into which is being pumped not life-giving air but pure cologne, a thick mist of it, like the stuff worn by low-rent drag queens. It smells like a garland of flowers, but only sort of, in the sense that drag queens only sort of resemble Judy Garland.

I don't think he liked it.   :)

Snooks

« Reply #4414 on: October 26, 2013, 05:05:25 PM »
In all my years of owning cats I've had maybe a handful of cat-gas incidents.  One of them was this evening as I lay underneath the guest bed putting some boxes away.  Boy cat came to investigate squished himself down to climb on top of a box and let out a truly noxious smell.  The problem is the guest bed is low to the ground so I was flat on my stomach and had to try and belly crawl backwards out from under the bed.

snowfire

« Reply #4415 on: October 27, 2013, 12:26:43 AM »
Midnight Kitty, I totally agree with you on mucking horse manure vs. warm dog poop.  I'd rather clean ten stalls than pick up after a dog.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4416 on: October 27, 2013, 01:04:17 AM »
I third that. Horse poop is much easier to deal with.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4417 on: October 27, 2013, 01:32:25 AM »
Ciaran decided he wants to lay with me. He lays down, and certain.... parts... of his anatomy land in my hand. Ewwww.

drzim

« Reply #4418 on: October 27, 2013, 02:24:35 AM »
A fun quiz for gross out fans.....guess where toilet style!

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/crapper-mapper/

;D

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
  • Paws for a smile
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #4419 on: October 27, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »
Could you carry one of those small sandbox toy shovel? Then, put it in the plastic bag, use it to scoop up the mess and invert the baggie.

Something like this: http://www.mnpartystore.com/Party-Themes/Seasonal/Spring-and-Summer-Fun/Novelty-Items/Plastic-Shovel
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:08:41 PM by lady_disdain »

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #4420 on: October 27, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »

;D
I only got 4/10 Leaky Ballcock  :-\

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4421 on: October 27, 2013, 10:08:04 PM »

;D
I only got 4/10 Leaky Ballcock  :-\

6/10 - bog standard...

alkira6

« Reply #4422 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
For those kind of squicked out by the dog poos - I carry a sandwich bag of either sand or kitty little in my pocket for the , ahem,  less than solid poos.  Still gross, but easier to pick up.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4423 on: October 28, 2013, 10:34:42 AM »
The extremely nasty liquid Jack was leaking turned out to be pus from an abcessed anal gland. The vet drained it. Jack was seriously butthurt for a few days (made me wobbly just to *look* at it).

He's getting better. Our bedspread got washed twice in hot water.
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

cwm

« Reply #4424 on: October 28, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »
The extremely nasty liquid Jack was leaking turned out to be pus from an abcessed anal gland. The vet drained it. Jack was seriously butthurt for a few days (made me wobbly just to *look* at it).

He's getting better. Our bedspread got washed twice in hot water.

This made me laugh so hard, it's not funny. Because I can see how his butt would hurt, but I can also see him acting all butthurt from the experience. Well done, Ms_Cellany, well done indeed.

And yes, an abcessed anal gland would be extremely painful. Poor Jack, I hope he's feeling better now.