Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 701834 times)

greencat

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4440 on: October 31, 2013, 07:11:57 PM »
The time I poked my infected tonsil with a listerine-soaked q-tip?  It sprayed the back of my throat with gunk.  My gag reflex was well and truly invoked.  However, the tonsil is situated in front of the part of your throat that tends to trigger gagging, so it's possible to touch your tonsils without triggering it.

SDG31000

« Reply #4441 on: November 01, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »
I don't think this has been posted yet....I have to admit to still looking a bit green after watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Lo4TGR-A8

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4442 on: November 01, 2013, 10:32:12 AM »
I don't think this has been posted yet....I have to admit to still looking a bit green after watching it.

I love that one, but question the decision to DIY rather than have a doctor look at it.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4443 on: November 01, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »

I love that one, but question the decision to DIY rather than have a doctor look at it.

Very brief summary?  I ain't clicking no blind link in this thread!

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4444 on: November 01, 2013, 11:03:54 AM »

Huge cyst on guy's back is squeezed out in backyard to great amusement of onlooking kids. At least the squeezer is wearing gloves.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4445 on: November 01, 2013, 11:46:44 AM »

Huge cyst on guy's back is squeezed out in backyard to great amusement of onlooking kids. At least the squeezer is wearing gloves.

Thank you.  :)  I see "DIY", the first thing I think of is amateur self-dentistry.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #4446 on: November 01, 2013, 01:09:05 PM »
Hopefully this works.

Super-glue spider foot!

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/WhiteDragon66/slideshow/

So I guess that in some ways this might qualify as good news.

The benign tumor on my foot - which is supposed to be a one time thing - has come back bigger and more annoying than ever.

It has been lanced, trimmed, frozen (twice), biopsied and surgically removed - twice.
It only took 5 weeks for it to grow back.

I have another appointment for the surgeon to look it over and figure out where to go from here.

But I suspect there are is another spider toe in my future.

May I call it Rasputin?

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4447 on: November 01, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »

It looked like the gloved person was milking the pimple - squeezing with a stripping motion and white stuff shooting out.  Especially towards the end when the deflated pimple almost looked like a breast.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #4448 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »
Hopefully this works.

Super-glue spider foot!

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/WhiteDragon66/slideshow/

So I guess that in some ways this might qualify as good news.

The benign tumor on my foot - which is supposed to be a one time thing - has come back bigger and more annoying than ever.

It has been lanced, trimmed, frozen (twice), biopsied and surgically removed - twice.
It only took 5 weeks for it to grow back.

I have another appointment for the surgeon to look it over and figure out where to go from here.

But I suspect there are is another spider toe in my future.

May I call it Rasputin?

Heh. That's better than what I was calling it.

I just called it The Cat.
' Cause it always comes back.
I thought it was a gonner, but...

snowfire

« Reply #4449 on: November 06, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »
I was driving down the road yesterday and the tiny car next to me had a LARGE St. Bernard dog riding shotgun in the front seat.  He was sticking his head out the window and as they drove his jowls were flapping in the wind.  Not gross yet, you say? The window just behind the dog was covered with large quantities of dog drool which flew from his mouth as they were driving.

Not exactly high on the gross scale, but could have been less than pleasant if you were behind them, especially on a motorcycle.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4450 on: November 07, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »
I was driving down the road yesterday and the tiny car next to me had a LARGE St. Bernard dog riding shotgun in the front seat.  He was sticking his head out the window and as they drove his jowls were flapping in the wind.  Not gross yet, you say? The window just behind the dog was covered with large quantities of dog drool which flew from his mouth as they were driving.

Not exactly high on the gross scale, but could have been less than pleasant if you were behind them, especially on a motorcycle.

or sitting on the back seat with the window open.

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #4451 on: November 07, 2013, 05:25:49 PM »

or sitting on the back seat with the window open.

My grandfather used chewing tobacco.  He and Grandma had 10 kids and one car (a station wagon).  No a/c.  Grandpa would drive with the windows down and spit his tobacco juice out the window.  Nobody wanted to sit behind him with the window down! 

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4452 on: November 07, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »
I remember being a pretty special snowflake one summer when we were on a road trip.  My parents bought a lot of cherries from a roadside stand.  I was in the back seat, eating cherries and spitting the pits out the window.  It wasn't until the cherries were nearly gone that I noticed the guy driving a white convertable (open) stuck behind us.  Two lane, curvy/hilly, rural highway with no passing zone for miles. :-[
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4453 on: November 07, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
I remember being a pretty special snowflake one summer when we were on a road trip.  My parents bought a lot of cherries from a roadside stand.  I was in the back seat, eating cherries and spitting the pits out the window.  It wasn't until the cherries were nearly gone that I noticed the guy driving a white convertable (open) stuck behind us.  Two lane, curvy/hilly, rural highway with no passing zone for miles. :-[
Meh, if he was getting splattered with cherry pits, it's his own fault.  All he had to do was drop back a few car-lengths.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

snowfire

« Reply #4454 on: November 08, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »
My grandfather used chewing tobacco.  He and Grandma had 10 kids and one car (a station wagon).  No a/c.  Grandpa would drive with the windows down and spit his tobacco juice out the window.  Nobody wanted to sit behind him with the window down!

Chewing tobacco is an order of magnitude worse than dog drool. SHUDDER, EWWWW!

I can't remember if I posted this a few years ago, but when I worked in the office of a construction company several of the guys all chewed.  It made me furious that they would leave their spit cups all over the office and not throw them out.  Also, the noises and liquid results when one of the guys had a cold with a lot of sniffing and snorting and horking, and he was still chewing and spitting.....Just about topped my squick limit there.