Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 744625 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4470 on: November 17, 2013, 06:56:53 PM »

'Nuff said....

Where is the like button?
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #4471 on: November 17, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

'Nuff said....

Aaaannnd that is why I scooped up my leaves while wearing disposable gloves. :P

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4472 on: November 17, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »

'Nuff said....

Aaaannnd that is why I scooped up my leaves while wearing disposable gloves. :P
We use the riding lawn mower to vacuum up the leaves.  Didn't matter whether it sucked up the dog poo or left it.  The mower basket gets dumped straight into leaf bags and put out for the county to take away.  If the stuff got left, it was nicely shredded and decomposed over the winter.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Reika

« Reply #4473 on: November 17, 2013, 10:35:01 PM »
I took a hot shower earlier, helped break up the congestion. Which felt good until I realized I had what was essentially a river of slime come pouring out of my nose.

At least it was while the water was running so it was easy to clean up...

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4474 on: November 18, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »
I took a hot shower earlier, helped break up the congestion. Which felt good until I realized I had what was essentially a river of slime come pouring out of my nose.

At least it was while the water was running so it was easy to clean up...

I had that happen - when I described the various colors (including blood smears) in the river of slime, the slightly green faced doctor wrote a prescription for antibiotics & sent it from his computer directly to the (military clinic) pharmacy.  No questions on whether or not I was "sick" - the description sufficed - only sick people had THAT in their sinuses, it seemed.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #4475 on: November 18, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
Plus you get extra points for grossing out a DOCTOR.  ;D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4476 on: November 18, 2013, 03:51:51 PM »
Plus you get extra points for grossing out a DOCTOR.  ;D

Yep - I got good at describing stuff, Mom was a science teacher, then a lab tech in a hospital (higher pay), and then went to work in medical research.  I had the vocabulary and knew what symptoms meant more to a doctor than just whining that "I feel sick,".  Green & bloody slime with lumps (any color) will get their attention.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:03:56 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4477 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »
The problem is our washer is a top loader. The front loader, that DD can open, is actually the clothes dryer. DD also managed to turn the dryer on.

The bigger problem is that the dryer was full of otherwise clean clothes and DD has a history of playing with the dryer. So I heard it running and came to take the clothes out to fold them. I reached in to grab a whole armload of what I thought were clean clothes, and instead ended up with an handful of nastiness. Warm nastiness. Fragrant, aromatic nastiness.

The biggest problem is that I try to grab the whole load of laundry in one big arm load to avoid making 2 trips to empty the dryer. So by the time my brain made the necessary connections I was hugging a urine soaked dress to my upper chest/neck region.
I thought of this post when I discovered an unused plastic pet poop bag in the laundry as I moved it from the washer to the dryer.  I showed it to DH since I've done this before.  He said, "Better to wash an unused poop bag than a used poop bag." :P

I found the rest of the bag of baby potatoes last night.  It had worked it's way to the bottom of a pile that I rarely check.  I don't know how long it was sitting.  I could see some mold and mildew on the potatoes and there was a brown puddle underneath.  I got the bleach out and cleaned up that puddle, thinking the worst was over, but I was wrong.  I dumped the potatoes in the sink.  I don't know why I thought there might be anything salvageable, but there wasn't.  In fact, not only were many potatoes liquefied, but there were little worms (maggots?) crawling all over all of the potatoes.  I grabbed a slotted utensil and transferred all the rotten potatoes into the garbage which I promptly put down the garbage chute.

I'm such a sick puppy; I couldn't wait to come post it here.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Reader

« Reply #4478 on: November 19, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »
I clean for my second job.  Being the klutz I normally am, over a year ago I ran my vacuum over both my big toenails on both feet.   In the shower today the left one fell off finally to reveal a nice new growing nail underneath.  Now if only the right would follow suit.

cwm

« Reply #4479 on: November 19, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »
For a week at BF's we've been dealing with no functional plumbing. Sewage would leak into the basement. The smell in the house is terrible at first, but not too bad once you got used to it. Sadly, I learned to get used to it fairly quickly.

Last night, the plumber FINALLY managed to get a semi-permanent solution to the old, bent pipe. So no more leaking sewage! He used a long squeegee on a stick and a hose to start the cleaning, and it was DISGUSTING! There were black chunks that had been hiding under the stairs, and he just shoved it all down the main drain in the floor. I sat and watched, fascinated, wondering what exactly each chunk was composed of, but I didn't have the right shoes to go down and get a closer look.

Though I'm still trying to figure out what is the worst. Smell of sewage, smell of ammonia, or smell of bleach all over the house. (No, none of them were ever truly mixed, so don't worry about dangerous gasses killing us.)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4480 on: November 19, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »
Last night, I managed to cut my left middle finger open from the tip halfway down the nail while peeling potatoes with a peeler I don't normally use. It is bruised, hurts, interferes with typing and is driving me up the wall.

It catches on everything.

alkira6

« Reply #4481 on: November 20, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
I was in the hospital Friday due to
-dehydration
-fever
-asthma
-BP of 185/130

I got 3 bags of warmed saline and spent 2 hours on a breathing machine.  Halfway through the warmth/fluids had reached a point where my sinuses opened up.  No warning, just huge green/yellow chunks in thick slime INSIDE THE BREATHING MASK!  I yanked it off and managed to spread it over my gown, the bed, the blanket, and up the nurses scrub top and pants when she came over to help me not choke on this stuff.  The DR. came in during this and just said "Yup, antibiotics" and I got my first dose through the IV.

Friday was not fun.

Elisabunny

« Reply #4482 on: November 20, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »
I was in the hospital Friday due to
-dehydration
-fever
-asthma
-BP of 185/130

I got 3 bags of warmed saline and spent 2 hours on a breathing machine.  Halfway through the warmth/fluids had reached a point where my sinuses opened up.  No warning, just huge green/yellow chunks in thick slime INSIDE THE BREATHING MASK!  I yanked it off and managed to spread it over my gown, the bed, the blanket, and up the nurses scrub top and pants when she came over to help me not choke on this stuff.  The DR. came in during this and just said "Yup, antibiotics" and I got my first dose through the IV.

Friday was not fun.

I think you win today.  (Didn't we use to have a barf smilie?)

Thank you.  ;D
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4483 on: November 20, 2013, 01:18:36 PM »
Well ... he has a firm grasp of the obvious. ;)

(((hugs for alkira))) Hope you feel better soon.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

alkira6

« Reply #4484 on: November 20, 2013, 01:24:58 PM »
Well ... he has a firm grasp of the obvious. ;)

(((hugs for alkira))) Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, I am feeling much better.  I spent the weekend drinking pedialyte and weak soup and taking antibiotics.  I managed to head it off so that it stayed mostly in my sinuses and didn't spread (much) to my chest.

Also, dehydration sucks.