Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 798012 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4485 on: November 20, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »
Watching Bones as we speak. "Dude in the Dam" on Hulu. One of the characters has a bot fly larvae growing in his neck. Huge disgusting boil that is moving and I am eagerly awaiting the birth of this little thing!

I'm not normally a sqeamish person but that?  That freaked me right out.

I had a large skin tag taken off the back of my neck last week, using a laser technique.  When I looked at it yesterday morning, right after I got out of the shower, I swear it looked just like Hodgins' 'baby' - except for the fact that there was no larvae wiggling in the middle.

After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

snowfire

« Reply #4486 on: November 20, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
http://pukingkittysaucyboat.com/

I love my kitties, but they do enough puking for me to want this....though I did laugh like a hyena at the video.  ;D

JoW

« Reply #4487 on: November 20, 2013, 11:21:21 PM »
An automobile accident decades ago left me with tiny, almost invisible, glass fibers embeded in the skin on my arms.  Most of the time they are all invisible.  Occasionally one will "pimple up" when my body tries to expell the glass by attacking it with white blood cells.  One fragment is doing that now.

Right now it its raised and looks irritested around the edges, but there is only a hint of a head.  Over the next few weeks it will either calm down and become normal-looking skin.  Or it will come to a head, open, and spill out far more puss than is necessary.  That puss may or may not include the glass fragment.  If the glass fragment is not washed out the whole sequence will repeat in a few months. 

The glass fragment that is causing this mess is much smaller than a grain of sand.  I've processed dozens of them over the last 20+ years.  Only 2 were big enough to see.  Both were the same diameter as a hair and less than 1/8 inch long. 

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #4488 on: November 21, 2013, 01:25:05 AM »
Oh, movie theaters. How you make me ill, and provide me with ample material for grossing out.

One of my co - workers and I were swapping stories about the grossest thing we'd ever dealt with in the theaters. I'd had to carry several cups full of tobacco spit out to the trash can. He, however, had had to clean up diarrhea in one of the auditoriums. I conceded defeat.

However, one of my other co - workers was a runner - up: When Magic Mike was playing, he, while cleaning, found, ahem, used scrabble enhancers that are particular to the scrabbling portion of the body. *runs away screaming*

The worst thing not involved with ushering, though, was when all four bathrooms we have overflowed due to an incompetent plumber. The overflowing wasn't the real problem. The problem was, even though we'd cordoned off all four bathrooms and put notes that said "BIOHAZARD: DO NOT ENTER!!", guess what people did? I had to stand guard near nasty bathrooms, telling people that, no, you cannot go inside this bathroom. Not even if you don't want to miss the movie. Not even if you REALLY need to go. Not even if you'll "just be a minute." AAARGH!
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #4489 on: November 21, 2013, 08:47:46 AM »
An automobile accident decades ago left me with tiny, almost invisible, glass fibers embeded in the skin on my arms.  Most of the time they are all invisible.  Occasionally one will "pimple up" when my body tries to expell the glass by attacking it with white blood cells.  One fragment is doing that now.

Right now it its raised and looks irritested around the edges, but there is only a hint of a head.  Over the next few weeks it will either calm down and become normal-looking skin.  Or it will come to a head, open, and spill out far more puss than is necessary.  That puss may or may not include the glass fragment.  If the glass fragment is not washed out the whole sequence will repeat in a few months. 

The glass fragment that is causing this mess is much smaller than a grain of sand.  I've processed dozens of them over the last 20+ years.  Only 2 were big enough to see.  Both were the same diameter as a hair and less than 1/8 inch long.

I don't know why, and I'm sorry that this may be offensive, but I find this so incredibly cool.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4490 on: November 21, 2013, 08:49:48 AM »
Mental Magpie, you aren't the only one.

JoW, I hope you are OK with random internet strangers thinking your predicament is cool.   :)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4491 on: November 21, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
I'm in a world of pain at the moment.

Imagine, if you will, a bleeding, painful, constantly prolapsing internal haemorrhoid.

Then add in IBS in full upswing right now.

Stop the world please, I want out.   :-[ :-[ :'( :'(

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4492 on: November 21, 2013, 09:37:57 PM »

Imagine, if you will, a bleeding, painful, constantly prolapsing internal haemorrhoid.

*gentle hugs* *holds out kitty to give you a nose lick* I'm sorry you are going through that.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4493 on: November 21, 2013, 11:32:01 PM »

I don't know why, and I'm sorry that this may be offensive, but I find this so incredibly cool.

I think it would be amazing to watch this.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4494 on: November 22, 2013, 07:05:01 AM »

Do I get honorable mention for once getting so compacted I had to go to the hospital?  Yeah, enema in the ER, much fun.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4495 on: November 22, 2013, 07:39:30 AM »

Do I get honorable mention for once getting so compacted I had to go to the hospital?  Yeah, enema in the ER, much fun.

... you have some of the grossest stories diane...

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #4496 on: November 22, 2013, 08:19:21 AM »

I will give you the gentlest of hugs.  I have been there, except mine were 2 external ones.  I feel your pain and wish you the speediest of recoveries.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

JoW

« Reply #4497 on: November 22, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »

If I was offended by the reactions of random strangers I wouldn't have posted it on a public bulletin board.

To me they are just annoying slow-motion pimples.  That one is now fading.  It will return in a few months.  Or others will appear.  I'll have them for the rest of my life.  Its part of the price of survival. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:17:15 PM by JoW »

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4498 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:25 AM »

You have my full understanding and sympathy.  ((hugs))  One of those is bad enough, but the two in combination is awful.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Reika

« Reply #4499 on: November 22, 2013, 12:11:37 PM »
Julian, I can't even imagine how awful that combination must be. I truly hope you have a speedy recovery.