Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 801697 times)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4500 on: November 22, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »
Thanks for all the hugs and concern, everyone.  I've got a surgeon's appointment Monday afternoon.

Meanwhile, bum goop with local anaesthetic is my bestest friend forevah!!  It doesn't stop everything but it takes the edge off.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4501 on: November 22, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »
Thanks for all the hugs and concern, everyone.  I've got a surgeon's appointment Monday afternoon.

Meanwhile, bum goop with local anaesthetic is my bestest friend forevah!!  It doesn't stop everything but it takes the edge off.

What's the brand name? I use Oragel, but it's not quite right.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4502 on: November 23, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
There's a couple of different ones.  Ego 'Soov-it' for haemorrhoids is great.  It has lignocaine and hydrocortisone in a light ointment base.  Rectinol with LA, which I haven't tried yet.  Hemacane is more zinc-oxide with LA, works but is messy and very hard to squeeze out of the tube if it's cold. 

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #4503 on: November 23, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »
I have a canker sore (ouch), just under my bottom front teeth. I googled it to find home remedies, and found a lot of images. I'm very thankful mine isn't as big as some I saw! :o
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4504 on: November 23, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »
I have a canker sore (ouch), just under my bottom front teeth. I googled it to find home remedies, and found a lot of images. I'm very thankful mine isn't as big as some I saw! :o

My GM used to mix  1/2 tsp of salt, baking soda, peroxide, and just a sprinkle of Cayenne pepper/ground ginger/ or ground cloves into about 4oz of really warm water and make me swish it around my mouth several times a day.  It tasted nasty as hell, but it helped a lot.  I typically get them on the middle part of my gum line just under my 2 center bottom front teeth or the side of my tongue...the gumline seems to hurt about 1000x more.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #4505 on: November 24, 2013, 09:33:16 AM »

My GM used to mix  1/2 tsp of salt, baking soda, peroxide, and just a sprinkle of Cayenne pepper/ground ginger/ or ground cloves into about 4oz of really warm water and make me swish it around my mouth several times a day.  It tasted nasty as hell, but it helped a lot.  I typically get them on the middle part of my gum line just under my 2 center bottom front teeth or the side of my tongue...the gumline seems to hurt about 1000x more.

Sounds gross, I'll have to try it! Thanks!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4506 on: November 24, 2013, 01:12:47 PM »
For canker sores, I put a little mouthwash, like Listerine, or the Crest Extreme Clean in my mouth, and then the scrub the canker sore with my toothbrush. Hurts like a giant B, but gets rid of it in a coupe days.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4507 on: November 26, 2013, 05:13:09 PM »
I "scrub" mine with a bit of plain salt - sea salt, iodized salt, kosher salt, just not rock salt - you need a finer grain.

Hurts yes - but I've had the canker sore heal in less than two days.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

JoW

« Reply #4508 on: November 26, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »
Dax, my 15-year old cat, is suffering from the early stages of kidney failure.  The 2 biggest symptoms are 1)  frequent stomach upsets and 2) urinating so much he is prone to dehydration.

Dax has always liked to drink running water.  To encourage him to drink I bought him a fountain.  I only run it a few hours/day, but its always on the floor for him to drink from.  He drinks often, sometimes sleeping beside the fountain.

You see where this going, don't you?  Dax threw up in his fountain last night.  I didn't have time to wash it this morning but I did dump it and replace it with a normal water bowl.

And when I saw it one of the first things I thought of was "I need to post this on e-hell"

perpetua

« Reply #4509 on: November 30, 2013, 04:18:32 AM »
I have a cold, which. while a total snotpocalypse, hasn't yet been worthy of this thread... until this morning, when I coughed up something that I swear was almost the same colour as the bit of radioactive metal that Homer Simpson accidentally takes home from the power plant.

Never seen anything like it. I managed to stop hacking for long enough to give myself a "Dude. Impressive!"

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4510 on: November 30, 2013, 06:46:34 PM »
Today's gross out started innocently enough.  A light bulb burned out over the sink shortly before we left on our Thanksgiving trip.  We got late home last night and I realized that I really do need the extra light in that corner of the kitchen (corner sink).

So I got up on a ladder to get to it (9' ceilings and I'm standing on the kitchen counter behind the sink (deep area behind sink with the window on either side of the corner adding more display space - bread machine, glass jars, ceramic cookie jar that I don't use so it won't get damaged, a basket, and a few other kitschy display pieces) - there is room to stand and the bread machine back there is actually sturdy enough to sit on, if I need to. 

Trying to put a light bulb in when I can't see it and the open end is facing away from me is not easy.  I decided to turn the fixture around 180 degrees so that I can SEE the light bulb fixture next time...there had been a little  bug powder with "legs" in the milk glass bowl, but I'd known it was there so didn't let the thing tilt when taking it down.  Trying to put it back, I lost the screw inside the fixture - so I had to take it completely down....and tilt it to look for the screw.

Turns out that there was much, much more powdered bug nastiness, with legs, "egg purses", and I don't want to think what else in the top of the light fixture itself...which came out and showered my face, clothes, and everything in the vicinity with bug remains of various types.

I vacuumed it up, vacuumed my hair, vacuumed my shirt, vacuumed the area behind the sink, and the window sills....then started the process of washing (or rewashing - one of the things by the sink was a dish drainer full of formerly clean dishes) everything that might have been in contact with *that*.

The dishwasher is on its third load since then, I've had a shower, and I'm washing the cleaning rags in HOT water.  I still have the bread machine, the apple shaped cookie jar, and a few other things to clean.  But when I get through, I will know that the kitchen counters AND the windows & window sills are clean. 

I may need more dishwasher detergent by then, too - since I don't have an autoclave or a steam wand...boy, do I want a pressurized steam wand right now...

The only good luck I had was that I wear glasses (nothing in my eyes) and my mouth was shut...or I'd be drunk on straight vodka in an attempt to sterilize my mouth...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:01:33 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4511 on: December 01, 2013, 12:22:18 AM »
So, I've got this pimple... well, it's a lot closer to a reeeally small boil in that there's blood in there too.  But the point is, it's smaller than my pinky nail, and it was bothering the heck out of me.

So I'm being dumb and playing with it, and I give it a small squeeze.  Future generations will mark this day as the birth of the second Old Faithful.  I mean, the contents geysered up and out of my field of vision... I'm still not entirely sure it came back down.  It might've achieved escape velocity.  Then there was some bleeding, but man, was that ever interesting to see.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4512 on: December 01, 2013, 03:34:00 AM »
I just wanna know why I keep seeing people throwing up.  :-\

magicdomino

« Reply #4513 on: December 01, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »
Today's gross out started innocently enough.  A light bulb burned out over the sink shortly before we left on our Thanksgiving trip.  We got late home last night and I realized that I really do need the extra light in that corner of the kitchen (corner sink).

So I got up on a ladder to get to it (9' ceilings and I'm standing on the kitchen counter behind the sink (deep area behind sink with the window on either side of the corner adding more display space - bread machine, glass jars, ceramic cookie jar that I don't use so it won't get damaged, a basket, and a few other kitschy display pieces) - there is room to stand and the bread machine back there is actually sturdy enough to sit on, if I need to. 

Trying to put a light bulb in when I can't see it and the open end is facing away from me is not easy.  I decided to turn the fixture around 180 degrees so that I can SEE the light bulb fixture next time...there had been a little  bug powder with "legs" in the milk glass bowl, but I'd known it was there so didn't let the thing tilt when taking it down.  Trying to put it back, I lost the screw inside the fixture - so I had to take it completely down....and tilt it to look for the screw.

Turns out that there was much, much more powdered bug nastiness, with legs, "egg purses", and I don't want to think what else in the top of the light fixture itself...which came out and showered my face, clothes, and everything in the vicinity with bug remains of various types.

I vacuumed it up, vacuumed my hair, vacuumed my shirt, vacuumed the area behind the sink, and the window sills....then started the process of washing (or rewashing - one of the things by the sink was a dish drainer full of formerly clean dishes) everything that might have been in contact with *that*.

The dishwasher is on its third load since then, I've had a shower, and I'm washing the cleaning rags in HOT water.  I still have the bread machine, the apple shaped cookie jar, and a few other things to clean.  But when I get through, I will know that the kitchen counters AND the windows & window sills are clean. 

I may need more dishwasher detergent by then, too - since I don't have an autoclave or a steam wand...boy, do I want a pressurized steam wand right now...

The only good luck I had was that I wear glasses (nothing in my eyes) and my mouth was shut...or I'd be drunk on straight vodka in an attempt to sterilize my mouth...

This is why I'm afraid to do anything to the ceiling light in my closet.  The bedroom addition frequently has an ant problem.  I strongly suspect that this ant problem is related to the large dark circle covering the bottom of the light fixture.  Someday, that light bulb will go out, and I will have to climb up an eight foot stepladder to deal with that.   :-\

alkira6

« Reply #4514 on: December 02, 2013, 11:32:55 AM »
Pimple on my inner thigh - it had a large whitish head and was driving me nuts.  I cover it with a cotton pad and barely squeeze.  Under my fingers was the sensation of a grape popping but no pain. I remove the cotton pad and there was a huge chunk of grey/black/white stuff in the shape of a cork.  My pimple has a crater in the middle of it that a q-tip can fit into.  That sucker has been covers with Neosporin and a large bandaid. Still, it does not hurt, so I count myself lucky.