Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 786683 times)

greencat

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4755 on: January 05, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »
Ooo!  I am going to a Highland Games this month - I always come home with black snot after those too, from the dust.

I have a bladder infection, and the pain medication for the bladder infection makes urine turn red, and the antibiotics for the bladder infection made my birth control stop working so I've started my period, and of course, the antibiotics cause a certain amount of gastrointestinal distress.  Trips to the bathroom have been...interesting...for the past few days.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #4756 on: January 05, 2014, 11:13:37 PM »
While Anthony does not share my fascination with all things swollen and poppable, he does allow me to periodically scruitinise his back, as he is prone to breakouts there.  And AND I'm allowed to squeeze whatever I find.  I'll settle for that.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Reika

« Reply #4757 on: January 06, 2014, 12:22:08 AM »
Tonight while taking my shower I felt something in my right ear. I gently dug in and pulled out what I could only describe as an ear booger. Only grayish, not greenish. It disintegrated pretty quickly, but it looked like it was a ball of dried skin held together by ear wax.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #4758 on: January 06, 2014, 01:34:51 AM »
I went to London and came home with black snot. Thought I'd share  :)

I dont know whether to be amazed or horrified.

I spent a week in London once with a friend and had black snot the whole time I was there.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

perpetua

« Reply #4759 on: January 06, 2014, 03:13:46 AM »
For some reason I have cast iron guts and haven't thrown up in over ten years. Until this morning. Because I haven't thrown up in so long, I'd forgotten how bad it was, and it was real proper projectile stuff too. So, so gross. I did feel better when it was all out - although I doubt very much my bathroom sink thanked me for it - and i suspect there may be more to come because this never happens just once, does it?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4760 on: January 06, 2014, 06:54:23 AM »
For some reason I have cast iron guts and haven't thrown up in over ten years. Until this morning. Because I haven't thrown up in so long, I'd forgotten how bad it was, and it was real proper projectile stuff too. So, so gross. I did feel better when it was all out - although I doubt very much my bathroom sink thanked me for it - and i suspect there may be more to come because this never happens just once, does it?

(((HUGS)))  Vomiting stinks.  Hopefully it was just the once and it's done.

On a side note, when ever I vomit, I always bust a ton of capillaries in my face, especially around my eyes and nose.  Since I have pale skin, it is really noticeable.  So, I get a ton of well meaning people that keep asking what happened to my face.  :-[
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Tsaiko

« Reply #4761 on: January 06, 2014, 08:14:49 AM »
I have three cats. One is 15-16 years old and weighs a whopping 6 lbs (and this is after she's gained weight once the vet discovered she's hyperthyroid and we got that under control). Nadia has always, always been hard to keep weight on, and we work hard to make sure she gets enough calories/has some padding on her. She's tiny. Because of this and her age, I keep a close eye on her.

A couple of months ago, I noticed some dried cat diarrhea in one of the litter boxes and on the floor near it. Since this was in the litter box Nadia has decided was "hers," I made sure she drank more water (added chicken stock, she loved it) and fed her in smaller amounts throughout the day. Sure enough, it was her and it didn't clear up. Called the vet, gave her the right dosage of Pepcid AC per instructions and everything was right with the world. Or so I thought.

Little did I know that she had had diarrhea all night long. After her litter box got too disgusting, she'd moved onto the guest bathroom. When that got too bad, she'd then moved onto the downstairs guest bathroom. Mid-afternoon, after the problem had long been treated, I went to use the downstairs bathroom.

Oh. My. God.

It looked like a poop bomb had exploded. There was poop everywhere. Floor. Bathtub. Bathmat (it got thrown out). A towel left on the floor (which was white and was promptly bleached). After scrubbing with cleaning solution, wiping everything down, and then wiping again with a bleach, I figured I was done. Then I hear my partner from upstairs.

"The bathroom up here is covered in cat poop*" * not actual word used.

I seriously don't know how one 6lb cat could produce that much poop. Bless her heart, she tried to keep in contained, but good lord. My partner and I scrubbed poop for hours.

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #4762 on: January 06, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »
DH and I went out to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner Friday.  We shared most of the same food but he also got some Caribbean-Jerk ones that he likes but are too spicy for me.  A few hours later, I'm half-asleep in bed when he runs up and vomits in my sink. Not his, which would have been closer, but mine.  I wake up to the smell of something harsh-chemically like diesel and wonder what the heck is going on.  He had three beers with dinner but it's been hours.  He threw up so much it basically filled my sink and clogged it so he had to scoop out the mess into a bowl to go toss it in the toilet.  I couldn't get near it without gagging. 

I don't know what BWW puts in their jerked chicken but apparently it starts to REEK after a few hours of sitting in your tummy.  Wow!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4763 on: January 06, 2014, 09:30:42 AM »

Can be just once.  Was for me yesterday, anyway.  Mine was pain related, not illness or food poisoning, though.  It hasn't been quite 10 years but it's been more than one for me since the last time, too.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Shea

« Reply #4764 on: January 06, 2014, 09:36:10 AM »
Sounds like some of it got caught on her butt then fell (or rubbed) off.

That happens with my cat all the time. She's very fluffy, and the fur around her butt is basically a poop trap. Fortunately it rarely smells, and it's usually only a few feet from the litter box, so it's easy to spot and dispose of.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

perpetua

« Reply #4765 on: January 06, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »

Can be just once.  Was for me yesterday, anyway.  Mine was pain related, not illness or food poisoning, though.  It hasn't been quite 10 years but it's been more than one for me since the last time, too.

nope. not just the once. i think it's food poisoning :(

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4766 on: January 06, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »
Sounds like some of it got caught on her butt then fell (or rubbed) off.

That happens with my cat all the time. She's very fluffy, and the fur around her butt is basically a poop trap. Fortunately it rarely smells, and it's usually only a few feet from the litter box, so it's easy to spot and dispose of.

Had this happen the other day.  Anyone else ever notice that poo-pellets coated in litter look like Sno Caps?

JoW

« Reply #4767 on: January 06, 2014, 09:59:21 PM »

nope. not just the once. i think it's food poisoning :(
Thats not food poisoning.  I've had food poisoning.  Ate a luke-warm barbeque sandwich at a fair.  About 20 hours later I moved into the bathroom.  Spent 4 hours sitting on the toilet with the trash can in my lap.  Then another 2 visiting only every 15 minutes.  No headache, no fever, and no way I could leave that bathroom. 

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #4768 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »
Basement Cat caught a mouse today.  Not that I mind; if mice are somehow finding their way into the house of course I would rather the cats deal with it than I.  Apparently she very proudly carried her trophy upstairs to show Anthony, then promptly dropped it on his bare foot.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4769 on: January 06, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
My weird cyst looks like a nipple. I called the office today, but they are booked.