Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 745378 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4770 on: January 06, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
My weird cyst looks like a nipple. I called the office today, but they are booked.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4771 on: January 06, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
My weird cyst looks like a nipple. I called the office today, but they are booked.
Just don't let the Witchfinder General find out...  :o
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

EMuir

« Reply #4772 on: January 06, 2014, 11:19:27 PM »
Today was the day to trim kitty claws. My partner holds each cat and I sit in a chair at paw level and trim, and each cat gets a few treats when done.  So they love trimming time and all wait for their turn.  We had run out of treats so my plan was to use some kibble.  They normally get wet food so kibble is a treat.

First cat, nails trimmed.  Time for treat. I put some kibble in my hand and he scarfs it back.  My partner says "Careful there, don't eat it too fast or you'll barf--"

And the cat makes a horking sound.  Oh well, I figure, he only ate a couple kibble, how bad could it be?

MEEEEOWWWBLOOOORF all over my blouse. Apparently he'd just had a drink too.

We were laughing so hard we could hardly stand, it was just so epic.  I changed and then we fed him a few kibble more slowly. :P

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #4773 on: January 06, 2014, 11:25:25 PM »
I had an itchy bump inside my ear yesterday.  I scratched at it til I heard a 'snap'.  My ear bled a little but then would not stop weeping.  Like, to the point where it was occasionally dripping.  Whatever was coming out was clear but had a bit of a rainbow sheen in the light.  No smell.  Oil of some kind?  This morning it was itching again and when I scratched I could feel it was all crusty, so I scratched off a bunch of crusties and it kept weeping again.  Same clear stuff again.  It's stopped weeping now and doesn't feel too crusty but it's sore as heck.  It's in a spot I can't see myself,, too, no matter how hard I crane in the mirror, so I'll probably never know what it was :(
"After all this time?"
"Always."

perpetua

« Reply #4774 on: January 07, 2014, 05:36:35 AM »
For some reason I have cast iron guts and haven't thrown up in over ten years. Until this morning. Because I haven't thrown up in so long, I'd forgotten how bad it was, and it was real proper projectile stuff too. So, so gross. I did feel better when it was all out - although I doubt very much my bathroom sink thanked me for it - and i suspect there may be more to come because this never happens just once, does it?

Can be just once.  Was for me yesterday, anyway.  Mine was pain related, not illness or food poisoning, though.  It hasn't been quite 10 years but it's been more than one for me since the last time, too.

nope. not just the once. i think it's food poisoning :(
Thats not food poisoning.  I've had food poisoning.  Ate a luke-warm barbeque sandwich at a fair.  About 20 hours later I moved into the bathroom.  Spent 4 hours sitting on the toilet with the trash can in my lap.  Then another 2 visiting only every 15 minutes.  No headache, no fever, and no way I could leave that bathroom.

Yep, that's pretty much what happened later. Great fodder for the thread, but it was not fun :-/ I don't know whether it was something I ate or some kind of 24 hour bug but thankfully everything seems to have calmed down this morning. On the plus side, I've lost 2lbs, although not the way I'd recommend achieving it!

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #4775 on: January 07, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
I had an itchy bump inside my ear yesterday.  I scratched at it til I heard a 'snap'.  My ear bled a little but then would not stop weeping.  Like, to the point where it was occasionally dripping.  Whatever was coming out was clear but had a bit of a rainbow sheen in the light.  No smell.  Oil of some kind?  This morning it was itching again and when I scratched I could feel it was all crusty, so I scratched off a bunch of crusties and it kept weeping again.  Same clear stuff again.  It's stopped weeping now and doesn't feel too crusty but it's sore as heck.  It's in a spot I can't see myself,, too, no matter how hard I crane in the mirror, so I'll probably never know what it was :(

Can you take a pic with your phone?

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4776 on: January 07, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »

And upload it?  Please?
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

Snooks

« Reply #4777 on: January 07, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »

And upload it?  Please?

Isn't that the sole purpose of having a partner?  To help you view weird stuff in your ears?

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4778 on: January 07, 2014, 09:26:53 PM »

And upload it?  Please?

Isn't that the sole purpose of having a partner?  To help you view weird stuff in your ears?

You forgot scratching the itches between your shoulder blades, applying ointment on your scalp (I have to do this for VorGuy after he got some "spots" frozen off last year), applying lotion to the dry skin between your shoulder blades (why it was itchy), and the countless other things that only the double jointed can do for themselves.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #4779 on: January 07, 2014, 09:41:41 PM »
I tried to get a photo but I can't....it's in a really hard to see place.  When Anthony gets home I will try and convince him to do it.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Editeer

« Reply #4780 on: January 08, 2014, 07:05:20 PM »
A small one . . . I was eating a juicy apple and taking too-large bites. Some juice ran down the wrong pipe, causing me to sort of choke, cough, and sneeze at the same time. After finishing the apple, I sneezed out a small piece of apple pulp through my nose--and it landed on the keyboard. And then I blew out another small piece.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4781 on: January 08, 2014, 08:40:10 PM »
Unfortunately I missed out on the major gross on this, but I'm having to deal with the aftermath.

My poor little dog Molly developed an anal gland abscess on Tuesday.  Urgent trip to the vet Tues evening, and back on Wednesday to get it lanced, drained and washed out.  I picked her up from the vet Wed afternoon, complete with large bill, lots of tablets and strict post-op instructions on wound management.

The wound care involves twice-daily cleansing.  The wound isn't that bad, but the location - well, you wouldn't want your best friend checking it out for you, that's for sure!  It's literally less than half an inch from her bum.

Poor wee thing, she's in pain, cranky and miserable, getting tablets twice a day (antibiotics and pain killer), drowsy from the drugs, and then she's got her Mum poking around her already sore and tender rear-end as well.

Fortunately for her, I have soooo much sympathy for what she's going through after my own experience just before Xmas...  sore bums are not fun.   :-[

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4782 on: January 08, 2014, 11:13:22 PM »
I fold my pajamas in the morning and place them on the bed to wear the next night. When I was putting on my pajamas last night, I realized they were cold and damp. Then noticed the chunks of cat food and hair on them. Yep, cat puke decorated pajamas!

Yuck.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4783 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:28 AM »
A small one . . . I was eating a juicy apple and taking too-large bites. Some juice ran down the wrong pipe, causing me to sort of choke, cough, and sneeze at the same time. After finishing the apple, I sneezed out a small piece of apple pulp through my nose--and it landed on the keyboard. And then I blew out another small piece.

That's awesome!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4784 on: January 09, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »
I fold my pajamas in the morning and place them on the bed to wear the next night. When I was putting on my pajamas last night, I realized they were cold and damp. Then noticed the chunks of cat food and hair on them. Yep, cat puke decorated pajamas!

Yuck.

Well, better on your pajamas than on the bedspread!  Much easier to wash.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario