Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 765905 times)

CrochetFanatic

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4920 on: February 10, 2014, 01:42:49 AM »
The dog is extremely gassy tonight, and it's the worst I've ever smelled.  Seriously, it's burning the back of my throat!  :P  The last one didn't make a sound.  Not even a little 'pff' to warn me.  As I'm typing this, she just did it again, and I literally dry-gagged.  Dirty heifer...

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4921 on: February 10, 2014, 06:18:16 AM »
Last night, when I walked into the living room area, DH asked me if I smelled some crazy nasty poop smell.  Yes dear I do and it's your precious feline that is making those farts.  I have no idea what she ate that was different from the other felines to give her those awful farts, but they could clear a room and they lingered.  At some point, she wanted to cuddle, did that kitty getting comfy turn thing, and farted in his face.   <snerk>  :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4922 on: February 10, 2014, 09:38:17 AM »
Mocha has had some issues with her ear and we thought she had scratched it. She was also having raspy breathing, so I made an appointment at the vet clinic.

I took her and they found she had excessive wax and pus in her ear, they did a culture. Poor thing has a inner ear infection, and they flushed her ear to get rid of the pus. We are giving her three medications, and medication time is gross. She bubbles the oral antibiotic out of her mouth and spits out the steroid. You have to cover her ear after you put the drops in or you get sprayed as she tries to shake it off. Poor Mocha.

She responded to being at the vet clinic by farting. Quite often.  >:D

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4923 on: February 10, 2014, 07:03:09 PM »
Mocha has had some issues with her ear and we thought she had scratched it. She was also having raspy breathing, so I made an appointment at the vet clinic.

I took her and they found she had excessive wax and pus in her ear, they did a culture. Poor thing has a inner ear infection, and they flushed her ear to get rid of the pus. We are giving her three medications, and medication time is gross. She bubbles the oral antibiotic out of her mouth and spits out the steroid. You have to cover her ear after you put the drops in or you get sprayed as she tries to shake it off. Poor Mocha.

When the time comes to put the drops in her ear, put her in a pillow case with her head sticking out.

Gather the material around her neck, tight enough so she can't get feet out, but don't choke her.

Put her on a table on counter, and pin her down with your arm, sounds complicated, but it's not, with her gathered in a pillow case.

Hold the gathered material and her scruff, and pin her head down, put drops in her ear, use free hand to rub drops down. Loosen pillow case, she will instinctively back up.

Let her shake in the pillow case, and then let her go. I usually give a little love before I let them go, and you are forgiven quicker. Good luck!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4924 on: February 10, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »

When the time comes to put the drops in her ear, put her in a pillow case with her head sticking out.

Gather the material around her neck, tight enough so she can't get feet out, but don't choke her.

Put her on a table on counter, and pin her down with your arm, sounds complicated, but it's not, with her gathered in a pillow case.

Hold the gathered material and her scruff, and pin her head down, put drops in her ear, use free hand to rub drops down. Loosen pillow case, she will instinctively back up.

Let her shake in the pillow case, and then let her go. I usually give a little love before I let them go, and you are forgiven quicker. Good luck!

and don't forget the cat treats! :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4925 on: February 10, 2014, 08:58:35 PM »
We have her wrapped in a fleece throw and now we know to hold the ear after putting in the drops. We have plenty of treats!

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4926 on: February 10, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
Technicolor yawn. I just laughed so hard.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #4927 on: February 10, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »
Rika had her teeth cleaned today.

She's just lucky I love her enough not to scream when she inevitably drools long ropes of thick, sticky cat drool on my shoulder. :-\
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4928 on: February 10, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »

Also known as driving the porcelain bus, talking to Huey and Ralph on the porcelain phone, or praying on the porcelain phone. 

I'm sure there are other fabulously descriptive terms out there!   ;D

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4929 on: February 10, 2014, 10:34:39 PM »
When I maybe three or so,  my  Nana was watching me for the day.   We  took an afternoon nap,  but I woke up before her.   I'd been up for some time and was  hungry.   I ate a nearly full container of PRUNES. I really  like prunes,  still do in fact.

Yeah,  it WAS really that BAD. Explosive poo is the understatement of the century.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #4930 on: February 10, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »
I put this here because the joke involves poop.

It is very cold here and our dog does not do well in the cold. Not surprisingly, at -25C she doesn't like to stay out long enough to poop.
So a couple of mornings a week in the winter I clean up a mess. Not a big deal, she always goes on the tile floor.

Tonight, she asked to go out and was out a long time. When I brought her in,, I realized she had done her thing outside and I wouldn't have to clean up a mess tomorrow. (Yay!)

I mentioned to DH that she had pooped and he replied "It is a far, far better poop that I go to.."
And, geek I am, I joined in and we proceeded to butcher Dickens by making the quote all about dog poop.  ::) In stereo.

Because we are gross and geeky and we like to let out inner 12 year olds out. ;D

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4931 on: February 11, 2014, 12:29:47 AM »

Also known as driving the porcelain bus, talking to Huey and Ralph on the porcelain phone, or praying on the porcelain phone. 

I'm sure there are other fabulously descriptive terms out there!   ;D
Many years ago, my cube-mate said she cut down drinkin' because she preferred to end the night with the guy she started it with instead of hugging "John" and calling for "Earl." >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Snooks

« Reply #4932 on: February 11, 2014, 01:10:16 PM »

As someone with an ear infection I feel for Mocha.  I've stopped my drops two doses early because all the skin on the inside of my ear has dried out and cracked.

As a cat owner - I love a good ear cleaning.

Editeer

« Reply #4933 on: February 11, 2014, 01:24:56 PM »
My cat had a yeast infection in her ear. No kidding.

Bobbie

« Reply #4934 on: February 11, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
Report on yesterday's abcess draining (turns out it was a sebaceous cyst [an infected oil gland])

I had a grape-sized swelling right by the fold of my thigh - an extremely owie location that hurt every time I got up from a chair. The doctor looked at it and chatted with his nurse: "Wow - that's so tight you'd think it would've burst by now." When he started injecting the local anesthetic -- NOT a fun process, btw -- after the third shot he said, "Whoops! There it went!"

He did an incision and drainage anyway, to clear it all out. Thank FSM for the local. The process was unpleasant enough that I dread to think what it would've been like without it. Luckily, my doc is funny and sarcastic and we get along well. We discussed zit p0rn.

Here is my zit fetish site http://www.popthatzit.com/.  Have fun ;D