Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 691048 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4950 on: February 17, 2014, 06:25:07 AM »
So, evidently, my new boots are causing blisters on the tips of my toes. I hadn't noticed them until I put the same boots on today, after an interim of 4 days. The blisters on the biggest 3 toes on each foot burst simultaneously (for each foot) as I put the boots on. It felt oddly like my feet were trying to jet-propel themselves out of said feet. It didn't work - I only ended up with dampish socks and huge amounts of loose skin on the tip of each toe. They're not really painful, just disgusting.

I think I will be careful about wearing said boots in the future.

I misread "said" boots as "sad" boots.  I wondered what on Earth could have happened to make your boots so melancholy.  Maybe he had lost his sole mate?
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4951 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:26 AM »
So, evidently, my new boots are causing blisters on the tips of my toes. I hadn't noticed them until I put the same boots on today, after an interim of 4 days. The blisters on the biggest 3 toes on each foot burst simultaneously (for each foot) as I put the boots on. It felt oddly like my feet were trying to jet-propel themselves out of said feet. It didn't work - I only ended up with dampish socks and huge amounts of loose skin on the tip of each toe. They're not really painful, just disgusting.

I misread "said" boots as "sad" boots.  I wondered what on Earth could have happened to make your boots so melancholy.  Maybe he had lost his sole mate?

Yeah, heel be feeling sad if that happens.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #4952 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:01 AM »

I think we're going to have to stop these bad jokes and toe the line...
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4953 on: February 17, 2014, 10:24:35 AM »
If the shoe fits.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #4954 on: February 17, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »

I think we're going to have to stop these bad jokes and toe the line...

I don't think we need to be so straight-laced and shoo all this away. There's room for being loopy, after awl.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Snooks

« Reply #4955 on: February 17, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
I had an ear infection and the drops were pretty much caustic to the inside of my ear, I was cleaning my ear gently with a cotton bud and a big bit of waxy skin came out. It was a thing of wonder.

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #4956 on: February 17, 2014, 01:04:57 PM »
I've got this mole on my back, it's always been there, and I've never cared for it.  But since I got out of the hospital, the skin has been peeling off of it slowly (I'll reach back and "pinch" a little more each time).  I finally got a good look in the mirror this morning... it's RED.  Bright angry red.  It looks like someone glued a raspberry to my back.

GreenBird

« Reply #4957 on: February 17, 2014, 01:19:14 PM »
I've got this mole on my back, it's always been there, and I've never cared for it.  But since I got out of the hospital, the skin has been peeling off of it slowly (I'll reach back and "pinch" a little more each time).  I finally got a good look in the mirror this morning... it's RED.  Bright angry red.  It looks like someone glued a raspberry to my back.

Please go have it removed really soon.  If a mole starts acting up like that, it's best to get it excised just in case it's melanoma.  I've got a family history of melanoma so my brain goes there pretty quickly when I hear about things like this, but a mole behaving like you're describing really should be removed.  Odds are it's nothing so don't make yourself crazy or anything, but since the only way to win against melanoma is to catch it early, please do go ahead and get it removed! 

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #4958 on: February 17, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »

Please go have it removed really soon.  If a mole starts acting up like that, it's best to get it excised just in case it's melanoma.  I've got a family history of melanoma so my brain goes there pretty quickly when I hear about things like this, but a mole behaving like you're describing really should be removed.  Odds are it's nothing so don't make yourself crazy or anything, but since the only way to win against melanoma is to catch it early, please do go ahead and get it removed!

I'm already seeing a doctor this week, and the plan was to ask her about it.  :)

GreenBird

« Reply #4959 on: February 17, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »

I'm already seeing a doctor this week, and the plan was to ask her about it.  :)

Yay!  I'm glad to know that - thanks for indulging me! ;D

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4960 on: February 17, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »
I found a way to deal with my clogged salivary gland! 

B/G: I have something called a mucocele, which is basically a plug of over-thick saliva that clogs the duct of the salivary gland. So when I salivate, the duct swells from the backed-up saliva. It's burning-itchy and really annoying, like having a giant whitehead in my mouth.

I pressed the flat end of a chopstick against it. There was a near-audible "pop" and it ran free!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:52:45 PM by Ms_Cellany »
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

perpetua

« Reply #4961 on: February 17, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
I found a way to deal with my clogged salivary gland! 

B/G: I have something called a mucocele, which is basically a plug of over-thick saliva that clogs the duct of the salivary gland. So when I salivate, the duct swells from the backed-up saliva. It's burning-itchy and really annoying, like having a giant whitehead in my mouth.

I pressed the flat end of a chopstick against it. There was a near-audible "pop" and it ran free!

Ohhhh, that's *so* grim. Congratulations, I think you win the thread today.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4962 on: February 17, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
This is very gross, to me.

We had a roach problem at home at the end of the summer. Through diligent and pet safe pest control and management, we have all but obliterated them. However, a tiny one somehow got into our microwave digital display. It is now half grown. It is amazing to me that the roach is still alive and I have not a clue how to get it out.

greencat

« Reply #4963 on: February 17, 2014, 08:48:43 PM »

We had a roach problem at home at the end of the summer. Through diligent and pet safe pest control and management, we have all but obliterated them. However, a tiny one somehow got into our microwave digital display. It is now half grown. It is amazing to me that the roach is still alive and I have not a clue how to get it out.

1) Unplug microwave.
2) Pick up microwave.
3) Carry microwave to curb.

8)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4964 on: February 17, 2014, 09:12:19 PM »

1) Unplug microwave.
2) Pick up microwave.
3) Carry microwave to curb.

8)

yep