Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 749368 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4980 on: February 19, 2014, 08:05:26 AM »
I am having severe dry skin problems. Not just my hands, elbows and feet, but um other places. Nothing like having to scratch your bra because everything is itching!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4981 on: February 19, 2014, 08:32:20 AM »
Adapted for NEW microwave - put some frozen carbon dioxide in the microwave.  Put microwave in a large ice chest with lid barely cracked enough for air to escape the top.  Leave in 24 hours - roach will either asphyxiate or leave the microwave.  But - nobody can tip the ice chest or there will be air mixing in as the carbon dioxide flows out.

Or seal the top with plastic and make only tiny pinholes for air to escape as carbon dioxide ice becomes carbon dioxide gas - the double sided tape & the shrink to fit plastic storm windows film & a hair dryer.  After shrinking to fit - needle holes here & there for gas to escape.  Too soon and you risk the plastic ripping as it shrinks....

That's the one I'd try.  I don't know where VorFemme or the poster with the roach problem is, but in the US frozen carbon dioxide is sold as "Dry Ice".  Its available at nicer grocery stores for, last time I checked, about $1.50/lb.  Wholesale its closer to $0.70/lb.  Its COLD, dangerously, keep-your-hands-off-it cold.  -79C = -109F.  Wear gloves when you handle it.  Bring a cooler when you buy it. 

Another option for the container would be a large cardboard box lined with a large plastic garbage bag.  Tie the top of the bag with a loose overhand knot to hold the gas in without holding too much in. 

Carbon dioxide won't support life.  Do this treatment outside, away from humans and any animal you don't want to kill. 

(I do Science is Fun presentation that uses dry ice.)

Mom was a science teacher who went back to school when I was about 13 to become a lab tech - then ended up working as a lab assistant with a team of veterinarians in a medical research facility for over 15 years.  "Science" was frequently spoken at the dinner table.  I knew how to pith a frog before sixth grade. 
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4982 on: February 19, 2014, 08:37:50 AM »
I've been dealing with a head cold for two weeks, so I've been blowing out copious amounts of snot.

I was feeling much better on Monday, but yesterday I started feeling bad again. I guess the last stubborn congestion is breaking up and starting to make its way down to be coughed out. Everything before yesterday had been clear. Yesterday it was green. Bright green. Now this morning I just coughed up a huge lump of mucus that can only be described as chartreuse. It was horrible.

greencat

« Reply #4983 on: February 19, 2014, 10:21:40 PM »
I think I have the mild sore-throat version of the cold that's going around - it's weak enough that half the people complaining about having a sore throat think they're just experiencing seasonal allergies.  It feels better today than it did yesterday, but my throat was feeling pretty irritated suddenly and I was in the bathroom anyway, so I coughed a bit and then spit...it was pretty chunky.  From the feeling I think I may have had a tonsil stone pop out.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4984 on: February 20, 2014, 10:30:45 AM »
I have a mild sore throat and some ear congestion. I noticed yesterday my nose was itchy for a long time. I increased fluid intake and just before bed had a 6" long string of baby blue snot come out of my nose.  ???

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4985 on: February 20, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
Hearing about tonsil stones makes me really glad I don't have mine anymore!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4986 on: February 20, 2014, 01:54:12 PM »
One good thing about having this whatever Ive got that produces huge snot lumps. I just cleaned the litter boxes and didnt smell a thing.  8)

alkira6

« Reply #4987 on: February 21, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »
I have a mild sore throat and some ear congestion. I noticed yesterday my nose was itchy for a long time. I increased fluid intake and just before bed had a 6" long string of baby blue snot come out of my nose.  ???

Is it bad that I think that baby blue snot is kind of cool?

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #4988 on: February 21, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »
Woke up at 1am with awful stomach cramps.  Went to the bathroom, started doing the liquid thing, and suddenly started to vomit.  When I saw it was bright red I started to panic a little...then I saw the little Spaghetti O's floating in it an remembered what we had for dinner...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4989 on: February 21, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »

Is it bad that I think that baby blue snot is kind of cool?

Is it bad that as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to share it here?  >:D

Reader

« Reply #4990 on: February 21, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »
The post by Mental Magpie reminded me once of when I imbibed too much beer with friends after work.  I had been snacking on Starbursts (the all red flavor box) while at work, so you can see where this was going.  After I was finished praying to the porcelain deity, my friends came in to check on me.  Que there reaction of "are you ok, crud monkeys what did you eat, and I don't think it's supposed to be that color"  They all calmed down after I showed them the box in my purse.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4991 on: February 21, 2014, 04:09:11 PM »
The post by Mental Magpie reminded me once of when I imbibed too much beer with friends after work.  I had been snacking on Starbursts (the all red flavor box) while at work, so you can see where this was going.  After I was finished praying to the porcelain deity, my friends came in to check on me.  Que there reaction of "are you ok, crud monkeys what did you eat, and I don't think it's supposed to be that color"  They all calmed down after I showed them the box in my purse.

Remember that candy pink popcorn?  Imagine that and a person doing 'century club' - a shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #4992 on: February 21, 2014, 05:56:55 PM »
The last time I went to a party where I felt comfortable drinking a little too much...well, I ate a lot of strawberries and raspberries along with the adult beverages I was imbibing.  Things did not mix well in my stomach.  It was very pretty when it came back up though...

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4993 on: February 21, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
Hawaiian Punch looks (and tastes!) the same coming back up as going down.  "Morning" sickness* -- my toddler said "You don't like that red juice, Mommy?  You spit it in the potty?"

*"Morning" my big fat bacon-fed knave -- it was 24/7/9 months!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

alkira6

« Reply #4994 on: February 24, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »
Okay, for the past 2 months or so we have been on a completely wheat and soy free diet. Dairy has been the occasional spoon of sour cream mixed into a dish right before serving.  Before this I didn't really do anything about my wheat sensitivity and dairy allergy because A. I'm lazy and B. I was never really inconvenienced enough to make an effort.

Well, I have lost about 3 inches from my abdominal area just from the loss of bloating and gas.  My joints are not nearly as swollen and several chronic aches have gone away.  I have seen the light!

If this was all, I would have nothing to post in this thread, right?  Last night I allowed myself to be talked into pizza with the promise that there would be a gluten free/cheese free pizza for me.  Oh, how I lied to myself, for I am weak!  I managed to talk myself into eating cheesy garlic bread and two slices of regular pizza and then we sat there and chatted for a while.  Suddenly I felt a tremendous pain in my stomach and pressure.  Before I could get out of the booth completely I let out a silent but deadly cloud of toxic gas.  I got out as soon as possible but I know it was more than unpleasant for the people around us.  :-[

This continued ALL. NIGHT. LONG. it is still going on.  I am bloated, my joints are swollen, my sinuses are swollen and partially clogged and I have had a couple of truly disgusting bathroom visits.  I have learned my lesson. This is horrible.  I did not go to work today because of this and our bathroom and bedroom smell horrible.  The windows are open and it is 30 F here if that tells you how bad it is.  Never again.