Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 741124 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4995 on: February 24, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »
I think I posted this around 2 years ago. But it still stands.

A dirty nappy in the washing machine/tumble dryer.

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!!!
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4996 on: February 24, 2014, 09:58:15 AM »
My poor 15 year old was feeling a little under the weather Friday morning, but it was allergy type stuff, so I took him to school.

At 11, he had to leave, due to running a fever, sore throat and severe headache. My in-laws picked him up and brought him home. Yesterday, he started coughing up green/dark yellow mucus with bloody streaks.

He is going in to see the MD at 3:30. Poor guy.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #4997 on: February 24, 2014, 10:01:36 AM »
 :o  That sounds horrendous.  It also sounds quite serious (vomiting bile can be an indication of a bowel blockage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I hope he's OK!!!!!!!! xxx

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4998 on: February 24, 2014, 10:04:42 AM »
I think Ladyknight means that her DS is coughing this junk up from his lungs, not vomiting.  Pneumonia, maybe?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4999 on: February 24, 2014, 10:13:23 AM »
From his lungs, and he has a history of pneumonia and strep, so we aren't taking any chances.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #5000 on: February 24, 2014, 03:42:09 PM »
I have had the sinus junk for going on 2 weeks. A few minutes ago, I tried to blow my nose. Nothing. A few minutes later, I took a sneezing fit. I tried to blow again. Ohhhhh the relief I felt when I expelled 2 quarter sized pieces of green stuff.

And of course I just  had to run right to this thread!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #5001 on: February 25, 2014, 07:54:58 AM »
From his lungs, and he has a history of pneumonia and strep, so we aren't taking any chances.

:(  Poor lil man. I hope he's better soon!!!

Sorry for misreading!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5002 on: February 25, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »
His grandfather took him to the doctor for us and there was a long wait, but in the end, he has an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection and started antibiotics.

Bobbie

« Reply #5003 on: February 28, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
The sinus blockage reminded of a nasty infection I had a few years ago.  The yellow/green stuff was coming out and it smelt bad.  At one point I had a very bad coughing fit and a semi hard chunking thing was in my mouth and I pulled it out and it was attached to a long stringy thing.  By the time I was done I had pulled a 10 inch or so hardened mucus string from my lungs.  It was cool/disgusting. 

diesel_darlin

« Reply #5004 on: March 01, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »
I am so jealous.

BarensMom

« Reply #5005 on: March 01, 2014, 12:00:54 PM »
I am so jealous.

Me too.  I wish that whatever is in my throat/sinuses/chest would do that.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #5006 on: March 01, 2014, 12:02:28 PM »
Me too! 3 weeks of this mess is enough!

JolieFille

• I'm a Pixie! With Fangs! =P
« Reply #5007 on: March 05, 2014, 05:17:38 PM »
I had sinus surgery exactly a week ago today. They removed a bunch if stuff that was scarred and swollen and they decided I didn't need anymore. Okay so I follow directions and do sinus rinses with microwaved distiller water.   :o the blood. I had a nosebleed right after I woke up and was prepared for that. They give you this awesome gauze holder to hold it under your nose and I gave myself a mustache wax from it (dried blood) Well. It's been like having a nose bleed for a week. Every time I do a rinse it's pink. With giant gobs of half congealed blood. I went to the doctor yesterday for my post op appointment. They use a vacuumed. They vacuumed out at least a cup of congealed blood from my nose along with scabs. That hurt. I've been appreciating the Vicodin even more now. The inside of my head itches. My teeth itch. And I have to go back in 3 weeks for more scab removal. Can I just say that I really don't want to see anymore of my own blood? Honestly I'm not bothered by it but when you have the doctor there with this long hose filled with nothing but blood, and this gellynesporin like stuff they use instead of packing it's very unsettling.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5008 on: March 05, 2014, 06:48:48 PM »
I have had the sinus junk for going on 2 weeks. A few minutes ago, I tried to blow my nose. Nothing. A few minutes later, I took a sneezing fit. I tried to blow again. Ohhhhh the relief I felt when I expelled 2 quarter sized pieces of green stuff.

And of course I just  had to run right to this thread!

I currently have a sinus infection, and yesterday, whenever I blew my nose, half of it was fluorescent green, and the other half was bloody (one from each nostril).  This afternoon, I blew my nose, and out came an almost two inch square chunk of fluorescent green and bloody mucus.  My sinuses feel so much better now!

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5009 on: March 05, 2014, 08:53:40 PM »
Me too! 3 weeks of this mess is enough!

I had that crud. Mine stuck around for a full four weeks. It started out as just a virus, but in the third week it morphed into a nasty sinus infection. I'd wake up in the morning and when I stood up I could feel everything running from my sinus cavities down towards the back of my throat, and then I'd cough and out would come a huge wad of split-pea-soup colored mucus.