Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 768619 times)

Elisabunny

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5010 on: March 06, 2014, 12:04:09 AM »
I had sinus surgery exactly a week ago today. They removed a bunch if stuff that was scarred and swollen and they decided I didn't need anymore. Okay so I follow directions and do sinus rinses with microwaved distiller water.   :o the blood. I had a nosebleed right after I woke up and was prepared for that. They give you this awesome gauze holder to hold it under your nose and I gave myself a mustache wax from it (dried blood) Well. It's been like having a nose bleed for a week. Every time I do a rinse it's pink. With giant gobs of half congealed blood. I went to the doctor yesterday for my post op appointment. They use a vacuumed. They vacuumed out at least a cup of congealed blood from my nose along with scabs. That hurt. I've been appreciating the Vicodin even more now. The inside of my head itches. My teeth itch. And I have to go back in 3 weeks for more scab removal. Can I just say that I really don't want to see anymore of my own blood? Honestly I'm not bothered by it but when you have the doctor there with this long hose filled with nothing but blood, and this gellynesporin like stuff they use instead of packing it's very unsettling.

I've never felt my entire head cringe before.  Thanks, I think.  ;)
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #5011 on: March 06, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »
I had sinus surgery exactly a week ago today. They removed a bunch if stuff that was scarred and swollen and they decided I didn't need anymore. Okay so I follow directions and do sinus rinses with microwaved distiller water.   :o the blood. I had a nosebleed right after I woke up and was prepared for that. They give you this awesome gauze holder to hold it under your nose and I gave myself a mustache wax from it (dried blood) Well. It's been like having a nose bleed for a week. Every time I do a rinse it's pink. With giant gobs of half congealed blood. I went to the doctor yesterday for my post op appointment. They use a vacuumed. They vacuumed out at least a cup of congealed blood from my nose along with scabs. That hurt. I've been appreciating the Vicodin even more now. The inside of my head itches. My teeth itch. And I have to go back in 3 weeks for more scab removal. Can I just say that I really don't want to see anymore of my own blood? Honestly I'm not bothered by it but when you have the doctor there with this long hose filled with nothing but blood, and this gellynesporin like stuff they use instead of packing it's very unsettling.

Wow...that is impressive. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

alkira6

« Reply #5012 on: March 06, 2014, 09:13:31 AM »

Wow...that is impressive.

That kind of reminds me of when one of my students had a nose bleed a few years ago.  I had given her an instant ice pack to hold on her face and had her tipped forward do that blood wouldn't run down the back of her throat to make her nauseous. VP comes over and tells her to plow her nose into the trash can.  She does and two giant globs (golf ball sized) of clotted blood come flying out and completely miss the can, and this is followed up by the most disgusting stream of puss and mucus I have ever seen.  VP somehow wandered away without helping clean up the mess.  I had the blood born kit right there.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5013 on: March 15, 2014, 06:03:01 PM »
Over the night, I did notice I had an itchy spot below my left eyebrow. While at the restroom after lunch, I looked and it is a giant purple gorch. Sigh.

Oh, and I may have cured my chronic diarrhea. With iron supplements!

alkira6

« Reply #5014 on: March 16, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »
Over the night, I did notice I had an itchy spot below my left eyebrow. While at the restroom after lunch, I looked and it is a giant purple gorch. Sigh.

Well, iron tends to make those who are "regular" constipated, so maybe it's having the same effect on you but to your benefit.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #5015 on: March 16, 2014, 12:34:57 AM »

Well, iron tends to make those who are "regular" constipated, so maybe it's having the same effect on you but to your benefit.

I've had the iron constipation. I really don't like bleeding from my back end due to straining.

Vitamin C does the same thing, which is interesting, because most people get the runs from that...
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #5016 on: March 16, 2014, 01:21:54 AM »
DH had eye surgery last Monday.  This was the 10th surgery in that eye.  The nightmare started about 5 years ago when a butcher removed a 10 mm tumor from his left iris.  He's had emergency repairs, patches made of pig tissue, lamellar corneal patch, detached retina, cataract removal, and a couple laser surgeries.  The last surgery (2 years ago) was a cornea transplant which went well for a year and then his body rejected the cornea.  He has been miserable with the pain from the blistered cornea which felt like razor blades when he blinked.  His sick joke has been, "Teaspoon or tablespoon?"  I reply, "you have big eyes; you'll need a tablespoon."

Last Monday our awesome eye surgeon pulled the conjunctiva over the cornea after removing the top layer of cells to prepare the corneal surface in order to protect the cornea from being rubbed by the eyelid.  The surgeon said this was a very minor surgery, especially compared to DH's previous surgeries.  Only 20 minutes and local anesthesia.

Let me just say that "minor surgery" happens to someone else.  He looked like he had been punched in the eye the day after the surgery.  I'm trying to get 2 different liquid medications and 1 ointment in that eye 4 times a day.  I have to use sterile saline just to get the dried mucus loose so he can open his eye.  They I remove lots of ropey mucus so the drops can get in the eye.  He is soaking through 3-4 absorbent pads a day.  At least the swelling is going down now & recovery in in sight.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

diesel_darlin

« Reply #5017 on: March 17, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »
Is it bad that as bad as I feel for your hubby I want to see the ropey mucus???   :o

the cat is backed up to my rear end. I had to pass gas. So I did. On the cat. I woke him up.  ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5018 on: March 17, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »
MK, I have been thinking about you as I had not seen any posts in a while. Hoping for a quick recovery for your poor DH.

Diarrhea is a symptom of anemia.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #5019 on: March 21, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
My husband is home today with the two kids (teens) and the two rat terrorists. I got a call about 2 hours ago (I'm at work) from DH. He said he was making the bed and felt something underneath it with his toe. Looked under and dragged out a DEAD RABBIT. Apparently, one of the ratties was finally successful in catching and killing a rabbit in the back yard. The question is, how did he get it in the house and under the bed? The only thing I can figure is he brought it in during a pee break in the middle of the night. Neither DH nor I turn lights on to let the ratties in and out in the middle of the night.

So glad I wasn't home for that one.  DS took a pic (not sure why it hasn't shown up on my FB feed yet). DD was creeped out.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #5020 on: March 21, 2014, 02:22:06 PM »
Do you mean rat terriers, or pet rodents?
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5021 on: March 21, 2014, 04:21:43 PM »
I would assume rat terriers - which is why the local rodent population should be terrified of them...and one rabbit didn't get the warning.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Hillia

« Reply #5022 on: March 21, 2014, 05:15:35 PM »
I take Metformin for my diabetes.  One of the common side effects is chronic diarrhea, and I have that, in spades.  It can be unpleasant, because I sometimes have only a few minutes between the first twinge of 'gotta go' and disaster.  It's to the point where I won't eat if I know I'm going to be somewhere where I can't/don't want to use a bathroom.

But there is a bright spot!  I had a colonoscopy a few weeks ago.  I had heard horror stories of how awful the prep was: take the day off work, don't plan to do anything else, you'll be in the bathroom all day, etc.  Aside from the fact that GoLytely is absolutely nasty to drink, I didn't notice anything odd.  Until I got to the procedure; the doctor read my chart and said, 'Ah ha!  You take Metformin!  So you had no trouble at all with the prep!'  Hm, apparently my everyday is what other people would consider horrible.  But my insides were clean as a whistle (he noted on the report that 'the quality of the prep is excellent :-) ) so there's that.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5023 on: March 21, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »
^ I also take it, and have the same results.

I found an iron supplement helped a lot with the side effects of Metformin.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #5024 on: March 21, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »
Yesterday morning, day 4 of the migraine from hell... 

Housemate comes into the room with a decapitated baby bunny, wrapped in tissue. 

She got out of bed this morning, and stepped on it.  Thinking it was one of the dogs' toys, she picked it up (they have a very realistic toy rabbit), only to realise it was an actual bunny.  Morty the cat is the obvious culprit, he always brings his gifts in to her room.

I took it from her, disposed of it, then spent the next half hour on the floor cleaning up the blood stains from her rug.  Ugh...

I'm just glad she found it instead of one of the dogs - we've had rabbit bits from one end of the house to the other when the dogs found one of the cats' presents.  Rabbit Maryland is not something pleasant to find after a big day out.