Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 693242 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5040 on: March 26, 2014, 09:29:51 AM »
Plastic, when heated, releases bits into what is around it. Including food. I won't reheat anything in a plastic bag.

MonteCristo

• My Esty Shop
« Reply #5041 on: March 26, 2014, 10:40:13 AM »
This isn't super gross, but it was a bit of a first for me.  I was at the store today, and I noticed that the handle of the basket I was carrying was starting to bend a little bit.  I put a 4-pack of energy drinks in the basket just before I noticed that, so I thought I'd take it out again to lighten the load a little.  The cardboard edge of the box scraped against my finger, and it hurt for a second, then I didn't feel it anymore and I forgot about it.

When I got in the car, I saw that my finger and thumb were covered in blood smears, and I remembered that the cashier was giving me a funny look.  I started driving, and when I checked the rear-view mirror I saw that there was a dark blood smear on my left cheek.  When the heck did I touch my face, and why didn't the cashier tell me I was bleeding?  ::)

Maybe she thought I knew but thought I didn't care.  So yeah, she probably thought I was kinda gross, and in retrospect it was pretty embarrassing.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it, you didn't even know.  Unlike me who put toothpaste on her forehead to kill a pimple and then forgot when the gas company man came by to relight all my pilots....can't imagine what he thought about the girl with a glob of toothpaste on her face...I didn't remember until after he left.   :-[

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #5042 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:58 AM »
Plastic, when heated, releases bits into what is around it. Including food. I won't reheat anything in a plastic bag.

I don't notice anything with the Reynolds liners. I haven't had an issue with them *or* their oven bags, which are the same material. I don't know anything about the off-brands. 

I don't heat anything in the zip top bags though, those definitely have a smell.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:30:48 AM by Harriet Jones »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5043 on: March 26, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »
I don't heat things with plastic wrap touching them either.

Frog24

« Reply #5044 on: March 31, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »
This could be  cross post between this thread, the "you shouldn't laugh at it" thread, and probably a few more.

I was on the phone with a friend.  She was telling me about the beautiful view from her new house when the following happens:

"Oh my G-d!!  [Husband]! [Husband] come quick!!! One of the cats just ran onto the deck with a baby bunny in its mouth.  Quick [Husband], do something!"
"I'll go grab the camera!" he yells loudly and excitedly enough that I can hear him over the phone.

snowfire

« Reply #5045 on: March 31, 2014, 09:36:03 PM »
One that could go here or in the Special Snowflakes thread:  In the locker room of the gym.  A woman had her 4/5 year old son with her.  She was on her cell phone & son was doing the peepee dance.  He kept telling her he had to go to the bathroom.  She kept ignoring him.  The toilets were maybe 15 feet away.  Finally the poor kid just peed on the floor.  Did SS even stop her conversation? Nope.  Did she make any attempt to clean it up? Nope, again. 

VERY suspicious of any puddles on the floor in the locker room now!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5046 on: April 03, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »
I am a snot factory. I can hear bubbling and gurgling when I move my head.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5047 on: April 03, 2014, 06:58:48 PM »
I am a snot factory. I can hear bubbling and gurgling when I move my head.

Ewww. I think you win this page, ladyknight1. Your prize is a years supply of vicks vaporub and very soft tissues.
[img width= height=]http://nanowrimo.org/widget/LiveSupporter/nikko-chan.png[/img]

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5048 on: April 03, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »
I made a poem on Tuesday that I will share with you. To the tune of "Yesterday", if you will.

Sudafed, you give peace to my head
Without you, i would feel dead
I love you, Sudafed!

Sudafed is no longer solving my symptoms. I can't take any more allergy meds until an hour before bedtime. Soup, hot tea, cold drinks and sorbet are on the menu.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5049 on: April 04, 2014, 02:16:57 AM »
I made a poem on Tuesday that I will share with you. To the tune of "Yesterday", if you will.

Sudafed, you give peace to my head
Without you, i would feel dead
I love you, Sudafed!

Sudafed is no longer solving my symptoms. I can't take any more allergy meds until an hour before bedtime. Soup, hot tea, cold drinks and sorbet are on the menu.

If you have mint on hand you can place it in a pan of boiling water and then sit at a table with that pan of hot water and a towel over your head. it will help with the stuffy nose and congestion. Don't ask me how I know it works.
[img width= height=]http://nanowrimo.org/widget/LiveSupporter/nikko-chan.png[/img]

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #5050 on: April 04, 2014, 04:16:52 AM »
I like to break in new bedpans by eating chocolate pudding out of them in front of unsuspecting people. This year, on April Fool's day, I put chunks of chocolate brownie in it to make it extra gross. >:D

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5051 on: April 04, 2014, 04:19:14 AM »
I like to break in new bedpans by eating chocolate pudding out of them in front of unsuspecting people. This year, on April Fool's day, I put chunks of chocolate brownie in it to make it extra gross. >:D

I think you'll fit in nicely with this thread.  ;) ;D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #5052 on: April 04, 2014, 10:25:20 AM »
It ranks up there with the old "eat vanilla pudding out o a mayonnaise jar" shtick.  ;D

greencat

« Reply #5053 on: April 04, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »
It ranks up there with the old "eat vanilla pudding out o a mayonnaise jar" shtick.  ;D

Once, I thought someone was doing that joke.  Nope.  They were just eating mayo out of the jar and didn't understand why we were all gagging!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5054 on: April 04, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »
For one full year, my youngest sister only ate three things: Oscar Mayor balogna, Country Crock margarine and white bread.

I think it explains a lot about her now.  :P