Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 743993 times)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5385 on: August 12, 2014, 10:59:48 PM »
We have been traveling lately and a friend was taking care if our house and pets.

He did a fabulous job walking and giving the dog a ton of TLC as well as taking care of our elderly cat.

To make things easier, we moved everything onto one floor and closed off the rest of the house.
So the cat box was on the main floor.

My son got a text from his friend, our pet sitter. Usually these involved what the dog was up to and so forth.

This text informed us that our house sitter came home to find the cat had, in his words, had an "atomic poop". It was in the litter box, but apparently it pretty much toxified the whole house.  :P

Kind if glad I missed bit!!!

Cherry91

« Reply #5386 on: August 15, 2014, 06:24:41 PM »
I remembered an old story while telling one from around the same time on a different thread.

I used to work at a posh supermarket as a till girl, and one day there were horrendous storms. Unfortunately the positioning of the building and the drains meant that the shop began to flood due to the volume of rain, and the sewers backed up soon after. We evacuated the shop, but the staff held back to turn off as many electronics as possible and make sure there were no live wires in the water. The scent of, well, sewage, was high in the air as we did so.

I'm just taping up some wires to make sure they don't get wet, with my manager nearby putting down cardboard boxes to make a makeshift bridge to the doors for the staff still in the building.

Suddenly, I hear "Ah!" *SPLASH*

My manager had fallen over, and was now sitting down, in and covered by water. Sewer water. Filled with sewage.

When I trusted myself to speak, I called out "You alright?"

He replied "Just go".

He had to walk past pretty much all the staff to get out...

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #5387 on: August 18, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »
This is awesomely cool and gross.
Total knee replacement, filmed from the surgeon's POV. 15 minutes long.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/watch-complete-knee-replacement-surgeons-point-view

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5388 on: August 18, 2014, 01:52:40 PM »
My foot is healing well - starting to get a bit of new skin over everything - but MAN does it itch!!!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5389 on: August 18, 2014, 01:54:23 PM »
Allergies are kicking my butt. It is all I can do not to rub my ears to stop the itching.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5390 on: August 18, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
Oh they're driving me nuts, too - got the itchy eyes and sore throat going here.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5391 on: August 18, 2014, 02:17:04 PM »
My neck glands are swollen and painful. Sigh.

Reika

« Reply #5392 on: August 18, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »
I have bug bite on the back of my head and it's at that itchy crusty stage. The worst part is that it's under my hair.  :(

diesel_darlin

« Reply #5393 on: August 19, 2014, 10:10:31 PM »
I have bug bite on the back of my head and it's at that itchy crusty stage. The worst part is that it's under my hair.  :(

I have one on my left butt cheek if that helps any  ;D

Reika

« Reply #5394 on: August 19, 2014, 11:05:06 PM »

I have one on my left butt cheek if that helps any  ;D

...I'm not sure which is worse. Though at least on the butt I can lance it and slap a bandaid on it. :)

greencat

« Reply #5395 on: August 19, 2014, 11:24:51 PM »
Last week I had either a bug bite or the world's itchiest pimple low on my forehead, next to my eyebrow.  I had been scratching it a little while I was awake, but apparently I scratched it very hard when I was sleeping.  It scabbed up, and when I washed my face the next morning, the scab came off.  I had managed to remove a section of skin half the size of a dime  :-[  It took me 20 minutes to get it to stop bleeding that morning, and I had to make an emergency stop at the pharmacy to buy a vial of liquid bandage to seal it closed because it kept opening and bleeding again.  The scab formed and came off repeatedly for four days :(  I've still got a big pink spot there where it's still healing.  I've got a first date and a life milestone to celebrate this week - I am not happy with my skin right now!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #5396 on: August 19, 2014, 11:32:00 PM »
Because I'm incredibly fancy, I was eating microwavable egg rolls and drinking boxed Merlot tonight.  I was sitting upright and cross legged in bed, another indication of my level of fanciness, watching my equally classy TV, my plate on my ankles, and with a bottle of soy sauce in one hand and an egg roll in the other.  I put down half an egg roll to reach over to grab my tumbler (again, fanciness) of wine.  I got so distracted by my fancy television show that I took a good swig of my soy sauce.  I wish someone had a video of the fancy faces I made.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

greencat

« Reply #5397 on: August 20, 2014, 08:27:36 AM »
Because I'm incredibly fancy, I was eating microwavable egg rolls and drinking boxed Merlot tonight.  I was sitting upright and cross legged in bed, another indication of my level of fanciness, watching my equally classy TV, my plate on my ankles, and with a bottle of soy sauce in one hand and an egg roll in the other.  I put down half an egg roll to reach over to grab my tumbler (again, fanciness) of wine.  I got so distracted by my fancy television show that I took a good swig of my soy sauce.  I wish someone had a video of the fancy faces I made.

I got so accustomed to drinking wine out of tumblers/plastic cups that I thought it tasted funny out of an actual wine glass.

My morning gross-out was watching the inside of a pimple decide it had enough of being inside my body and force itself out of my skin after I washed my face.  I decided I needed to wash it again after that.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5398 on: August 20, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
My poor 16 year old son is having an epic breakout. He has three nickel sized eruptions on his back, two on his chest and one in his nose. You all know which one hurts the most, right? The nose!

DH apparently got into chiggers this weekend and has a 8x4" patch of them on his right side.

A person who will not be named is to blame for the seat not being down this morning when I stumbled to the bathroom first thing. I will discuss it with that person tonight.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5399 on: August 20, 2014, 08:34:42 AM »

OK, that made me laugh!  Except for the eating in bed part, I can totally see me doing that except I'd probably be chugging plum sauce rather than soy sauce.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario