News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 17, 2018, 05:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1782857 times)

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7305 on: January 03, 2018, 02:46:19 PM »
Feels like I can ask this question here: does anybody else get dandruff in their eyebrows?? I have fair sensitive skin so maybe it's residue from my moisturizer but every now and again I rub/scratch my eyebrows and get flakes! I don't wear much foundation anymore so it's not that.

(Not asking for medical advice, just shared experiences.  :) )

*raises hand*

I have seriously dry skin (and am apparently in the middle of the Never Ending Outbreak Of Zits due to hormones) and I am constantly having to de-flake my eyebrows.
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

Chez Miriam

« Reply #7306 on: January 04, 2018, 11:18:04 AM »
Feels like I can ask this question here: does anybody else get dandruff in their eyebrows?? I have fair sensitive skin so maybe it's residue from my moisturizer but every now and again I rub/scratch my eyebrows and get flakes! I don't wear much foundation anymore so it's not that.

*raises hand*

I have seriously dry skin (and am apparently in the middle of the Never Ending Outbreak Of Zits due to hormones) and I am constantly having to de-flake my eyebrows.

I used to.  I also used to get it on my lower legs: any scratching, and the air would fill with flakes. :-[

Since becoming menopausal, my skin seems to be so much less dry, and I haven't thought about it for ages...

Unlike the zits. :(  Never had them before, but my face is making up for lost time. >:(
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #7307 on: January 04, 2018, 01:00:36 PM »

Raises hand - I 've noticed that the last couple of weeks. I'm wondering if it's because of the dry weather we've been having? At any rate, I'm being especially mindful about brushing it out in the mornings before work.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #7308 on: January 04, 2018, 01:29:17 PM »

Raises hand - I 've noticed that the last couple of weeks. I'm wondering if it's because of the dry weather we've been having? At any rate, I'm being especially mindful about brushing it out in the mornings before work.

This time of year my skin just gets really dry. It's used to the super humid Florida weather and doesn't like this less humid weather. I get the flakey eyebrows (sometimes ears) and just generally itchy dry skin. I found the best way for me to combat this is to slather myself with fractured coconut oil right after I get out of the shower, while I am still dripping wet, then gently pat myself dry/more let myself air dry. Helps super seal in the moisture.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

GreenHall

« Reply #7309 on: January 04, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »
I'm assuming its a combo of dry air and the nasal spray for allergies, but I keep getting what feel like cuts (? but sealed?) inside my nose.  It's awful.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #7310 on: January 04, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
I'm assuming its a combo of dry air and the nasal spray for allergies, but I keep getting what feel like cuts (? but sealed?) inside my nose.  It's awful.

I can't use Flonase because I get terrible nosebleeds from it. I sleep with a vaporizer on and vaseline the inside of my nose when it's loke that. If I don't I'm waking up in a bloodbath.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

GreenHall

« Reply #7311 on: January 04, 2018, 03:04:09 PM »

I can't use Flonase because I get terrible nosebleeds from it. I sleep with a vaporizer on and vaseline the inside of my nose when it's loke that. If I don't I'm waking up in a bloodbath.

No bloodbath yet - have been using vasline/chapstick to moisturize, and ordered a tiny vaporizer/humidifier to see if it helps.

Stupid question crosspost - do the essential oil diffusers have the same basic function, since you put water in them? 

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #7312 on: January 04, 2018, 10:54:18 PM »

Can you use a moisturizing spray after the allergy spray, help keep it moist in there?

I grew up in the DC area, so I'm pretty well bioengineered for humidity. These Colorado winters just keep killing me, and this year is awful - I swear, if it were any drier, I'd be a shriveled husk on the ground.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #7313 on: January 04, 2018, 10:56:09 PM »

No bloodbath yet - have been using vasline/chapstick to moisturize, and ordered a tiny vaporizer/humidifier to see if it helps.

Stupid question crosspost - do the essential oil diffusers have the same basic function, since you put water in them?

I don't know much about them, but it seems like it would be too little water to make a real difference. I'd stick with a humidifier.

When DH & I lived in a house with a wood stove, we'd just keep a giant pot full of water (and some cinnamon - smelled wonderful!) on top of the stove. Whenever that stove was hot, the water would boil, and help keep us from drying out.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

GreenHall

« Reply #7314 on: January 05, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »
I had a massage today. I realized that I have not shaved my legs in...who knows...ewww...

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #7315 on: January 12, 2018, 02:18:48 PM »

I get that feeling too. I've been using a saline spray and humidifiers. (I found an adorable little personal humidifier that you put a pop bottle full of water on and I use it at my desk at work. It helps.)

It's been so cold lately that my nose has been very dried out, but luckily no nose bleeds - yet!
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #7316 on: January 12, 2018, 08:01:57 PM »
My leg is infected, again. This time, though, it turned an amazing shade of a dark green/black color. It never did that, it usually just smelled and leaked really bad. Anyway, it's starting to heal, and the angry skin is the red color of a really nice steak. The infection that is hanging out in the goopy mess has turned the same green as dried snot. The girls who take care of my leg are some times amused by my description, and other times, not so much.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #7317 on: January 13, 2018, 01:04:54 AM »
I had a massage today. I realized that I have not shaved my legs in...who knows...ewww...
This post inspired me to weedwhack errr shave my legs  ;D

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #7318 on: January 13, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »
The kittens have somehow acquired a squirrel tail. I'm fairly sure the mom or dad cat got it for them.

Bonus: they like to put it in the pool so it floats. Um, I always think something got in the pool enclosure and needs rescuing.  :o
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #7319 on: January 13, 2018, 03:14:34 PM »
My back and shoulders are a mass of painful cystic acne right now.

I can't even pop them. :'(
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."