Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 799114 times)

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »
Hey, chocolate-covered ants are considered a delicacy in some countries, so that's really not that bad!

Two "almosts" when it comes to consuming food: drinking a glass of HC punch as a little kid, and all of a sudden a dead bee makes it's way in the glass towards my mouth. I think I may of tasted a little of the fuzziness of it. Also, working at a pet supply store in college and having my drinking glass placed near a similar glass full of fish food. Fortunately I caught that before I drank it. But I sure wish I had seen the dog urine on the merchandise before I grabbed it with my hand.  :P

lowwinddays

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2007, 02:39:21 PM »
When I was in college, I got really drunk one night at a party.  I manage to get home and pass out in bed.  The next morning I wake up and think to myself "wow, I had a really weird dream last night.  I dreamt that I woke up, puked off the side of the bed, and just rolled over and went back to sleep."  So I rolled over to get out of bed, and yup, so not a dream.  There was puke alllllll over the side of my bed and floor.  My place stunk for a few days after that.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2007, 03:35:05 PM »
Hey, chocolate-covered ants are considered a delicacy in some countries, so that's really not that bad!

Two "almosts" when it comes to consuming food: drinking a glass of HC punch as a little kid, and all of a sudden a dead bee makes it's way in the glass towards my mouth. I think I may of tasted a little of the fuzziness of it. Also, working at a pet supply store in college and having my drinking glass placed near a similar glass full of fish food. Fortunately I caught that before I drank it. But I sure wish I had seen the dog urine on the merchandise before I grabbed it with my hand.  :P

So the food was good enough for the fishies but not you? What kind of animal lover ARE you? lol

I had a gross out this morning... I was snoozing on the couch, and my dog gave me a BOFK (Big 'ol french kiss)

Yum... purina!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Bobbie Fleckman

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »
Years ago, right after I had graduated college, I moved to Northern Virginia, near Washington, DC, and lived in an apartment with two roomies.  The complex was HUGE, and parking was always a problem.  I worked two jobs at the time, one of them at night, so I normally had to park quite a ways away from our building.  No real problem, I got used to it.

One Friday evening, I had a rare night off, and was in the apt. watching TV.  It was very early Spring, one of the first warmish nights, and a steady rain had been falling all evening.

I had forgotten something out in my car, which was parked down the hill of the parking lot and way on the other side.  I don't remember what the forgotten object was now, but it was important enough that I decided to make the trek to retrieve it.  So, being that it was warm, I took my keys and went outside as I was, no jacket or anything, and barefoot.

I was walking happily along, enjoying the first real taste of Spring, when I began to notice something funny-feeling beneath my feet.  It was pitch-black outside, and with the parking lot lights reflected off the wet pavement, I really couldn't see much.  Then, I came to an area that was better lit, and looked down...and around me..to realize that there were earthworms everywhere!  I mean, a veritable SEA of earthworms, the big fat juicy kind, apparently also enjoying the warmth and the rain!  I had been merrily walking all over them, and at that moment, I was so horrified that I almost screamed out loud!  Not many things totally gross me out, but stepping on worms in bare feet crossed a line somewhere for me.

I trod extremely cautiously back to the apartment, and didn't even look at the bottom of my feet as I gingerly made my way to the bathtub to scrub them for about a half hour!  Yeah, that was foul.

Sulaco

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2007, 05:58:45 PM »
A few months back, I had an extremely weird dream.
Now this is extremely weird, I know that, forewarned is foretold!

I dreamed I was eating cat poo encrusted with cat litter. :-X

No, this wasn't one of those dreams in which you wake up remembering a dream, only to find out it really happened.  It was just a dream (thank goodness).
But it was strong enough that every time I walked into the room where we keep our cats litter box, I was physically ill, to the point where I almost got sick.

Took almost two weeks for that to wear off, till then, I wouldn't step one foot in there.

Reddie321

• Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2007, 04:22:23 PM »
When I was younger, about 10 or so, I had been drinking a Coke (out of a can) and set it on the kitchen counter to go wander off and do something else.  I come back a little later, take a few quick gulps, before I realize a funny texture in my mouth, so I spit it in the sink.  Amid the Coke-spit, I see short black stringy things.  My dad chews tobacco, and instead of emptying his "wad" in the sink or trash can, he just pulled it out and put it in the nearest container, which just so happened to be MY can of Coke.  IT WAS STILL COLD!

This is also the man who won't throw his Nicorette away...he just sticks it random places.  Like the remote control...My mom gave up fighting that battle long ago...

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2007, 05:50:31 PM »
Urk!  :P

That reminds me of the time someone put their cigarette butt in the can of soda DH was still drinking out of...

bigozzy

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2007, 05:42:33 AM »
Years ago I woke up late for work and brushed my teeth with Deep Heat, a cream for sport injuries. Very painful and only funny now. I was not laughing at the time!

sbtier

• Super Hero!
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »
I was walking back from my mailbox looking at the mail when I slid in something.  It was a dead mouse all squished from cars running over it!  I took off my sneakers before I got to the house, went in and got a plastic bag, and threw my sneakers in the dumpster.  There's just no cleaning that!

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
I was walking back from my mailbox looking at the mail when I slid in something.  It was a dead mouse all squished from cars running over it!  I took off my sneakers before I got to the house, went in and got a plastic bag, and threw my sneakers in the dumpster.  There's just no cleaning that!

:o :o :o :o :o :o
eewwwww......  :P
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

bionelly

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2007, 02:39:42 AM »
OK, I have several, in ascending order of grossness:

My mom's cat regularly leaves mouse heads around the house.  She jokes about how it's like some weird parody of The Godfather.

DD has also done the "poop sculpture" thing in her crib.  We're very careful now not to lay her down in anything she can get out of by herself.

One of DH's friends passed out naked in a fetal position, and woke himself up by peeing in his own face.

When DH was drinking heavily, he was once sitting alone, drinking bottles of Zima and peeing in the empty bottles whenever he felt the urge.  I'm betting you can guess what happened.  He said the only reason he knew he had the wrong bottle was because it was warm in his mouth.

When I was pregnant and having nonstop "morning" sickness, I sometimes found myself vomiting in the toilet and simultaneously having diarrhea.  I then had to quickly twist myself around to sit sideways on the toilet and puke in the sink.

Also during that "morning" sickness, I ate a nice big bowl of rice, thinking it was supposed to be easy on the stomach.  When I threw it up, I wound up with half-digested rice in my sinuses, which is probably the most disgusting sensation ever.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2007, 10:37:08 PM »
This one is relatively minor compared to most.

When my brother was a newborn baby, my aunt was changing his diaper, and he nailed her right between the eyes with a stream.  My mom explained that this is why you always cover a little boy up when you're changing his diaper.

bionelly

« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2007, 01:30:16 AM »
Oh! I forgot the worst one (probably trying to block it from my memory).  I had amazingly bad diarrhea in an already-clogged toilet (I didn't have enough time to try to find an unclogged one, and I wouldn't want to do that to the neighbors anyway).  Then I had to scoop the diarrhea out into a garbage can with a ladle before I could unclog it, and put it back in the toilet when I was done.

veraobsession

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2007, 02:09:23 AM »
LOL! I have two and they are GROSS so be warned!!!

#1 - I'm a respiratory therapist and part of what we have to do is suction. We stick a catheter down into the lungs and suck out all the "goo." I had a patient with a trach (big hole in the throat) and I had to suction him. The catheter suddenly became very hard to pull out and I gave it a little bit of a tug and when I did.... the catheter flew out and slung a big wad of snot on my forehead and the wad proceded to slide down toward my eye. Gross.

#2 - I used to tutor kindergartners/first graders when I was in college. I was sitting working with another girl when I noticed alittle boy sitting across from me digging around in his nose. He slowly pulled this huge, slimy, booger out of his nose (strings of snot still going back to his nose). He looked at the booger for a second, then looked around, and then popped it into his mouth. I gagged loudly enough for the teacher to look at me. GACK!!!!

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2007, 11:49:44 AM »
This story comes from a phlebotomist who was taking my blood donation. He was working in the plasma donation of the center one time, trying to remove a full bag of freshly-donated plasma from the machine. There was a malfunction with the machine, and it caused the bag to explode, which ended up going all over him. He said it hit him face-first and he had blood and plasma in his eyes, nose, and mouth and was completely drenched in it from head to toe. For about one or two years afterwards, he had to have regular HIV tests.