Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 788527 times)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2007, 03:39:20 PM »
My profession has lots of potential for gross out:  I inspect sewage treatment plants.  My coworker & I went to the site of a large sewage spill:  A pressurized sewer pipe sprung a leak when they were working on it, spraying the worker in the face, completely drenching him, then filling the trench with raw sewage.

While we were out investigating, the worker returned to the site.  He was taken to the hospital immediately, flushed, purged, sprayed with disinfectant and pumped full of antibiotics.  He said he felt fine & went back to work!  Man, I'm tellin' ya, dese guys is TOUGH!  He coulda had the rest of the day off with pay.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2007, 03:50:49 PM »
At a former apt. complex I lived in, I awoke one morning to the sound of ‘glug glug glug’ coming from my bathroom. I saw why, the septic system had backed up into everyone’s plumbing. It was in the shower, too. Lovely, tons of mushed-up human waste in the areas that I use on a daily basis.  :-X Of course the problem was fixed immediately due to our pro-active landlord, and he also spent the day scrubbing everyone’s tubs clean. He did tell me that I might want to do a second scrub-down just to make sure as he had only enough time to do so much to our tubs. To me at first sight it looked just fine and clean, so I went ahead and started showering. Then I looked into a corner and there was a small smudge of the sewer waste still there. Ewww…… I just hope that it was only there and not in an area that my body had touched.

Secret

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2007, 03:30:19 PM »
Alright- this involves bugs and vomit.

My dad would take our old dalmation for a run early mornings.  The dog would then come back up and sleep in my mom's bedroom.  The dog also liked to eat things on this run (She was often off leash).

Mom wakes up to dog retching.  She goes to clean up the vomit and as she does she notices it is moving!  The dog had eaten garbage infested with maggots and then had thrown up the maggots in my parents bedroom.  They kept trying to get away by spreading out in a star pattern. Mom said for days she'd see some maggot heads poke up when she turned the light on or brush over the area.

Bammie

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
One of my first jobs was working in a seniors nursing home.  One of the residents decided to get artistic in the washroom cubicle using the only medium he had access too.  He finger painted the walls with his feces.  ...luckily I did not have to clean it up. 

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »
We had a pet aquatic frog (we actually had 2, now we have 1 that has been alive for 15 years...) that jumped out of its tank sometime in the night. We searched for it for a long time but gave up. Well, my young cousins were visiting and were playing with my little sister's doll house... I went in there to see them and they were playing with the dead, dried up frog carcass!!!

It gets better. My dad threw the carcass into a large field behind our house. We had a golden retriever at the time. He brought that dang thing back six times before my dad finally had to flush it.

THE FOLLOWING STORY IS REALLY GROSS!

My grandfather was a fireman in DC. One day they get a call that a priest had hung himself in a belltower and they needed to get him down. He had killed himself several days earlier. Well, my GF goes up with his buddy - buddy reaches out and tugs the priest's foot for some unknown reason. Priest's head pops off and drenches them in body fluids... EWEWEW.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »
THE FOLLOWING STORY IS REALLY GROSS!

My grandfather was a fireman in DC. One day they get a call that a priest had hung himself in a belltower and they needed to get him down. He had killed himself several days earlier. Well, my GF goes up with his buddy - buddy reaches out and tugs the priest's foot for some unknown reason. Priest's head pops off and drenches them in body fluids... EWEWEW.

Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »
If all of you brave souls can submit a story, I guess I can too.

WARNING:  Blood Related

I used to work as a Unit Secretary at a local hospital, and would sometimes be asked to "sit" with patients who weren't mentally fit to be alone.  Being relatively "untrained," for me this usually meant patient who would have normally been on the Psych Floor, but were on a medical/surgical floor for medical, non-psych reasons.  Sometimes I was asked to sit with a patient on suicide watch. 

This one patient (no names for HIPPA reason) was a psych patient who was on my floor getting a leg ulcer treated.  The patient was very bored and restless and preferred to walk up and down the halls.  As the sitter, it was only my duty to watch the patient and help keep him calm and look out for dangerous situations - not keep him in bed.  Alas, all the walking had put too pressure on his ulcer, and sure enough, the wound opened.  Fortunately, the patient was in his room sitting in bed.  UNFORTUNATELY, the wound had exposed and opened an artery.  Blood was not trickling or pouring down his leg - it was SPURTING ACROSS THE ROOM!  You could tell what his pulse was - the spurts were in sync with it.  It was getting some pretty good air to it too.  I didn't know blood could squirt so high out of a wound about the size of a soup can lid.  It shot some puss too. 

Patient was getting panicked - I kept my cool.  I put on gloves and a mask, hit the call button, tell the other unit secretary to get the patient's nurse in here right away and that the patient is bleeding badly, grab a wad of paper towels, and put pressure on the pulsating, pussy mess, and gently reassure the patient.  I told him "Don't worry.  It's going to be all right.  These things happen.  No no, I'm okay - you didn't squirt me.  The mask is just standard procedure.  When this is all over, I'll see if I can get the kitchen to send some popsicles." etc etc.

The nurse arrives - a tray full of tape and gauze in tow, and while he attended to patching up the patient, I surveyed the mess on the wall, floor, and bedding and called house keeping.  I really liked working with that nurse - he has such a great sense of humor.  He was teasing me later that I didn't need him at all and that I seemed to have it all under control.   ;D

From that day on, only poopy diapers (of the infant or adult variety) gross me out.   ;)
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2008, 06:53:37 PM »
This one is relatively minor compared to most.

When my brother was a newborn baby, my aunt was changing his diaper, and he nailed her right between the eyes with a stream.  My mom explained that this is why you always cover a little boy up when you're changing his diaper.

Squeakers was about 36 hours old, and he got me in the mouth while my mother was changing him.  he was in his bassinet, and I was in the hospital bed.  My son is talented ::)
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

The Iza

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
Both of these stories happened when I was about 9. It was a bad year for me. x_x

I was eating string beans that had bread crumb stuff sprinkled over them. Suddenly I noticed that one of the peas was wriggling and trying to crawl off my plate. It took my about 2 second to realize that no, that was not a mutant pea, but in fact a little maggot. I promptly screamed and flung the plate away from me. Mom made me clean it up. Bah.

A few weeks later, as I'm eating tomato soup with rice in it, it occurs to me that some of the rice is deformed.

Yup. Maggots again.

But at least I didn't fling it this time.  :P

(Ooh, my first time posting. I am awesome.)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2008, 08:54:07 AM »
I heard this story about some little kid.  The child, about 15 months old had been napping and was still in her crib.  Her mom found her diaperless with doodoo all over her, the walls and the bed. She cleaned her up, cleaned her bed and cleaned the wall.  But, she kept smelling something.  Finally, she looked in the kid's mouth and....well, lets just say that peanut butter isn't the only thing that sticks to the roof of my someone's mouth.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »
I was in a restaurant having an omelete.  I was busily eating away when I saw something funny.  I pulled it out of the omelete filling and found it was a long insect leg.  hairs and all.  It reminded me of a grasshopper leg.  I wondered what happened to the rest of the darned thing.  It was disgusting and I hate to eat there now. 

A woman I worked with wanted to go to this particular restaurant for a pulled pork sandwich.  I went with her, against my better judgement, since I had heard the place was a breeding ground for cockroaches.  Anyway, the pulled pork, with all its little fibers, looked to me like thousands of cockroach legs all sauced together and piled on bread.  It disgusted me.  I reinstituted my vow to NEVER eat at that dump.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

bigozzy

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2008, 06:07:44 AM »
Not so bad in the scheme of things here but still.....

Last night I was putting DS to bed and I noticed a lot of 'crumbs' on the sheet. I accused him of sneaking snacks in bed but he denied it.

DS 2 then helpfully pointed out that his brother was picking his nose and rolling the findings into little balls (he is quite the miner at times). Just after I had spent 5 minutes scraping the 'crumbs' into my hand!
Boys.

Warbaby

• "Duty, Honor, Country"
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »
The only thing worse than finding an insect or mouse in your food is:

Finding half an insect or mouse in your food!!!

Yep, done both.  Amazed myself and a lot of other people in those two restaurants at how quickly my stomach could completely empty itself!!

BTW, I am not a squeamish person.  Survival, Escape, and Evasion training in the military insured that I'm not.  I've eaten some interesting things not normally on my diet.

Board of Health later closed one (mouse restaurant) down and fined the owner a huge amount.  Bug restaurant called the BOH, had the place inspected, no infestations.  It was later determined that the problem was with one of their suppliers. 

They still sent me a gift certificate for a free meal for two with a nice letter of apology.
"May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live." - R. Heinlein

snoopygirl

• everybody loves an irish girl
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2008, 06:26:18 PM »

Yep, done both.  Amazed myself and a lot of other people in those two restaurants at how quickly my stomach could completely empty itself!!

BTW, I am not a squeamish person.  Survival, Escape, and Evasion training in the military insured that I'm not.  I've eaten some interesting things not normally on my diet.

Board of Health later closed one (mouse restaurant) down and fined the owner a huge amount.  Bug restaurant called the BOH, had the place inspected, no infestations.  It was later determined that the problem was with one of their suppliers. 

They still sent me a gift certificate for a free meal for two with a nice letter of apology.

Did you go back there? Even if it was a supplier issue I would not want to eat there. I would be sitting there picking through every bite of food before I put it in my mouth.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2008, 07:34:57 PM »

I had a similar experience.  See post #65 on page 5 of this thread.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius