Author Topic: Awkward conversation at my table - I should have used it here!  (Read 7486 times)

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: Awkward conversation at my table - I should have used it here!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »
New guy:  "I have a harem of four women"

Well, you did much better than me as I would have had to leave the room in order not to laugh in his face.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Hanna

• Super Hero!
    • RumorsAboutMe
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 11:39:56 PM »

Well, you did much better than me as I would have had to leave the room in order not to laugh in his face.
Or how about "You know, that sounds like the ideal setup for a woman stuck with an unbearable man.  That way they each would only have to put up with him 1/4 of the time."

Dragonflymom

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 11:09:45 AM »
Some people love to be shocking. Perhaps that's him.

Otherwise, he may have had a fantasy that you would look at him murmuring, "That's so ... stimulating!" and things would go from there.

You came very close to owing me a new monitor. :)  That is hysterical, and a very scary thought all at the same time!
"By swallowing evil goats unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach"  Winston Churchill

Dragonflymom

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 11:12:19 AM »

It was hard not to, I can assure you :)  I think I was saved by having the beading project to halfway concentrate on, and remembering a joke I'd heard from DH.  *LOL*
"By swallowing evil goats unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach"  Winston Churchill

Dragonflymom

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »

Or how about "You know, that sounds like the ideal setup for a woman stuck with an unbearable man.  That way they each would only have to put up with him 1/4 of the time."

*snickers* 

If only I could think up things like this at the time... :)

Reika

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 08:58:48 AM »
There was a gal that showed up at one event in the windy, windy springtime wearing a "bog dress" (for the unknowing - a bog dress is just a piece of material that you wrap and pin at the sholders, very toga like)

she had not sewn up the "open side"  and was wearing NO underwear (upper or lower)

and was obivious to the material blowing straight out from her side, like a flag.

I think you did fine by your "flat" responses  - and hopefully his "harem" will wake up and dress for the weather

That sounds like the woman that showed up in a RenFaire dressed up in a large animalskin of some sort, combined with obvious lack of personal hygiene (you didn't want to be downwind of her) and lack of undergarments (good strong wind at one point), it was not good. After the "show" security made her leave the faire due to the fact it was a public place and she was pretty indecent. I guess she got Renaissance Faire confused with Caveman.