Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

feeding 50-75 at race track

(1/2) > >>

skeezix58:
     Hello everyone, I have lurked and posted occasionally.  I know am hoping to get some help and ideas on feeding a race team of 5o drivers plus crew at team finals.  I want to avoid spending all my time in the motorhome cooking.  I have to use a generator for electricity, and do not have a lot of fridge space.  I am thinking pizza one night, we do a continental type breakfast each morning, I need to come up with 2 more dinners.

I have little help so will need to be very easy prep and clean up.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I am hoping to have $500.00 or more to spend.

skeezix

MsEva:
How about do-it-yourself sandwiches? My aunt used to put out big platters with different breads, meat, cheeses and condiments and everyone would make their own sandwiches. A few side salads and your done.

audrey1962:
My husband coaches a high school robotics team of 75. They've done the usual: pizza, subs and buckets of chicken, but also some home-cooked/economical entrees:

Chili
Hot dogs (if your crowd is a bit older they might prefer kielbasa/bratwurst - serve with sauerkraut)
Spaghetti or mostaccioli (this was actually served the day AFTER the hot dogs and the leftover hot dog buns were turned into garlic bread)

All were served with abundant sides (potato chips, tortilla chips, bread, salad, etc)

If you live near a Costco you might want to take a trip there. They sell pre-shaped hamburger patties and potato salad by the gallon. You might even find pre-shaped meatballs - all you need to do is heat.

If you're truly daring you could try a nacho bar. Buy pre-shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, jalapenos. You would need to brown ground beef and chop onions/tomatoes, but that's about it.

Good luck!

IndianInlaw:
No advice, but good luck!

caranfin:
Sloppy Joes or shredded BBQ beef/pork sandwiches? The meat can be prepared ahead of time and frozen, and you just have to heat it up when you get there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version