Author Topic: I just got to use this phrase!  (Read 3403 times)

JasperBleu

I just got to use this phrase!
« on: September 26, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »
BG: DH and I have had ongoing issues with the neighbor that lives below us. She is a drama queen (this from the Board President and the Super) and wants everything to go her way, even if her demands are outstandingly ridiculous.

I was vacuuming the apartment today (around 3:30 pm) when I hear pounding on the front door. I stop and go see who it is. Sadly, it's our Annoying Downstairs Neighbor (ADN).

ADN:  You need to stop vacuuming. I'm trying to take a nap.

Me:  I'm afraid that won't be possible.

ADN:  Why not?  I'm trying to sleep and as usual the noise from up here is keeping me awake. 

Me:  I'm sorry my vacuuming is keeping you awake but I'm afraid it won't be possible for me to stop right now.

ADN:  I NEED to take a NAP!

Me:  Then I'm sure you won't mind waiting a few more minutes until I'm done.  (and I shut the door).

Now I'm waiting for a call from the Super.  She has a tendency to call and complain to him, while making up lies about what we are doing.  Then he has to follow-up with us, even though he knows that she is more than likely lying.

Jeez, I can't wait until she moves.

gibsongirl

Re: I just got to use this phrase!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »
Good thing you have a good super!  What a nut...

Stouthunter

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 01:54:02 AM »
If she works nightshift I could see her having a gripe. But if not then she's got a bad case of special flower and your response was right on point.

PaddedPaws

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »
Dealing with neighbours can be so difficult. If she had been polite in her request, that would have been fine, but for her to demand you stop was rude. You handled it well.

JasperBleu

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 10:33:55 PM »
Oh, she doesn't work night shift. She doesn't work. She complains all the time to anyone who will listen. The Super and co-op board president ignore her. DH and I have been model tenets for years and she's a whiny you know what. She's threatened to move several times if she doesn't get her way but doesn't seem to understand that her moving will in no way hurt the building.

She has lied to the Super and the Pres about DH and me on numerous occasions. She's really a piece of work.  I have never complained once about her nephew who visits constantly and only has one volume - super loud shrieks.  Nor have I complained about all the times she went away for the weekend or on vacation and left her alarm clock on to go off at 5:00am every morning (back when she was working and I didn't have to be up until 7).

I do believe she is moving soon and I can't wait. Although I'm a little sad that she won't still be here when her baby is born. I know it's evil (and I wouldn't really do it) but I'd love to call her to complain about her baby crying.  If she can complain about DH and I WALKING in our apartment then why not, ya know?   >:D

Oy, I didn't realize I still harbor such animosity toward her!  LOL