News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 17, 2017, 01:32:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DECLUTTERING  (Read 148418 times)

siamesecat2965

Re: DECLUTTERING
« Reply #1005 on: Today at 09:01:55 AM »
Despite repeated phone calls, i have not been able to get anyone from my local Best Buy on the phone, to arrange for hauling away my two tvs. so i called one of those junk removal companies. surprisingly, they were the same cost, and he agreed to waive the $25 for each tv fee for separating the lead etc. so it will cost me the same as best buy, plus they will take a small filing cabinet I have as well.

and they had a slot on Sat, so they are coming then, and i can have my apartment back and in full, decluttered order!!!!

AvidReader

« Reply #1006 on: Today at 09:36:37 AM »
Despite repeated phone calls, i have not been able to get anyone from my local Best Buy on the phone, to arrange for hauling away my two tvs. so i called one of those junk removal companies. surprisingly, they were the same cost, and he agreed to waive the $25 for each tv fee for separating the lead etc. so it will cost me the same as best buy, plus they will take a small filing cabinet I have as well.

and they had a slot on Sat, so they are coming then, and i can have my apartment back and in full, decluttered order!!!!

Yay!  Unless the TVs were tucked away in a closet, they've probably been an astronomical black hole wherever they were located; drawing all the attention in the room. If so, that room is going to suddenly feel so much larger.

Yesterday we spent the day at DFIL's former home interviewing estate sales people.  Yikes, the place is overstuffed.  Just short of the goat paths of a hoarder, so says the woman whose DH describes her decorating style as "spartan."  ;)  I came home and started on a tear through the house asking myself that if I was going to move, would I pack whatever I put my hands on.  If the answer was "no" into the trash or donation it went.  Two bags into the trash and a box filled for donation.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1007 on: Today at 09:47:10 AM »

Yay!  Unless the TVs were tucked away in a closet, they've probably been an astronomical black hole wherever they were located; drawing all the attention in the room. If so, that room is going to suddenly feel so much larger.

Yesterday we spent the day at DFIL's former home interviewing estate sales people.  Yikes, the place is overstuffed.  Just short of the goat paths of a hoarder, so says the woman whose DH describes her decorating style as "spartan."  ;)  I came home and started on a tear through the house asking myself that if I was going to move, would I pack whatever I put my hands on.  If the answer was "no" into the trash or donation it went.  Two bags into the trash and a box filled for donation.

One anyway! the other is in a corner of my LR, behind a chair. But, what I want to do is have that space clear, put a really nice wrought iron floor lamp i got from my mom behind the chair, and a small table at the side, for a reading nook.

The other? is on top of a filing cabinet in my BR, between my dresser and a small table i have my current tv on. So i see it every day!

Good luck with your decluttering! its a huge job. I'm pretty much done once these three things are gone. i am so happy to finally have gotten it together to make it happen!