News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 17, 2017, 02:26:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 213883 times)

gmatoy

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #2040 on: August 11, 2017, 07:22:35 PM »
My cousin is coming on Tuesday to stay with me for a week. So, the guest/sewing room needs to be more guest and less sewing. So, as a part of that, I'm moving stuff around. Today I decided that, if I was going to block the closet door, I should first take everything out, go through it and purge. (I really needed to find the fabric that I bought to make runners for my Goddaughter's Girl Scout Gold ceremony. I did indeed find it.)

I just got everything that I took out, back into the closet. I now have a little more room, have reduced the stacks on the hearth and can start to put a few more things in there later tonight, after I rest for a bit. Oh, and I have one totally empty box! (I refilled 3 more boxes with the stacks from the hearth.)

I've taken a few breaks, but I mostly worked for 6 + hours. I'm tired!! Later tonight, I plan to vacuum. 

Writer of Wrongs

• Mysteries, Thrillers & Whodunits, Oh My!
« Reply #2041 on: August 12, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »
I finished the re-write of my manuscript today!  :-[ :-X (nervous) I'm going to send it back to my beta readers and let it sit untouched for a couple of weeks, and then I'll re-read one more time and send it to the agents who requested it when I pitched.

I also started working on autumn table centerpieces today. Not finished with that yet, but they are looking quite promising.
Some day, I hope to get paid to kill people. Now, I just do it for fun.

gmatoy

« Reply #2042 on: August 12, 2017, 11:14:43 PM »
I finished the re-write of my manuscript today!  :-[ :-X (nervous) I'm going to send it back to my beta readers and let it sit untouched for a couple of weeks, and then I'll re-read one more time and send it to the agents who requested it when I pitched.

I also started working on autumn table centerpieces today. Not finished with that yet, but they are looking quite promising.

Congratulations on your manuscript!! Be sure to tell us when it hits the shelves!

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #2043 on: August 13, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »
Finally got a search engine site into beta this afternoon. It's been sitting untouched since my eyes went last year, so it is good to actually see something there at last!

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2044 on: August 13, 2017, 12:31:53 PM »
Ordered supplies to make solar lens filters for the eclipse.

We helped MIL with her garden, took her lunch and groceries, and now the guys are delivering her cat back to her.
We cleared some more of the yard for planting, got three plants in the ground, now need to get a larger piece cleared for the rest.
I started seeds to make three sisters plantings of corn, beans, and squash plants together.
Laundry
Cooking
Making meals for the week's lunches.
Paying bills
Banking
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2045 on: August 15, 2017, 10:03:31 PM »
The past few days have been mega cleaning. I have done in no particular order:

About a billion loads of laundry, including all the bedding odds and ends
cleaned the bathroom, including putting in a new shower curtain
vacuumed every square inch of this house
scrubbed the floors and baseboards
cleaned/polished the stove and fridge (stainless steel)
scrubbed down the kitchen counters and cabinets
polished the dining room table and chairs
deodorized the carpeting
dumped, scrubbed, and deodorized/disinfected all the litter boxes
went grocery shopping

DH has dish duty. I absolutely refuse to do any of the dang dishes. The soap breaks my hands out. Wearing gloves to keep the soap from breaking my hands out, breaks my hands out.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah