News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 21, 2017, 02:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strange things that happen that you can't explain.  (Read 4577 times)

sandisadie

Re: Strange things that happen that you can't explain.
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2017, 03:08:48 PM »
I was reading a mystery at the beginning of this week.  One of the characters, who is a neurosurgeon, has a first name, and a last name of the given names of my twin niece and nephew.  Their names are not common names.  The twin's father is a neurosurgeon.  The book was published 20 years ago and the twins were born 21 years ago.  The author lived and worked in New York city.  The twins lived in Virginia.  My sister, the twin's grandmother, is going to run this by her son to see if he could have possibly known the author. 

vintagegal

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2017, 09:32:01 AM »
earlier in August I had a birthday, the second one as a widow (first one was horrible). I decided to treat my sister and myself to a live show of one of my favorite performers, the day after, in a smallish music venue near her home, and bought tickets online. Something that is way outside my comfort range.

I was nervous about A) getting there in time for a good seat, B) how the venue would be (online revues mentioned it was kind of dumpy) , C) how the food would be (again online reviews), D) if my sister would like it (not her usual style of music).

A few minutes after we sat down, I notice my watch had stopped. Well, the second hand was still going around, but it stayed at 6:00 for about an hour and a half. After that it worked perfectly and has been working ever since.

I think my late husband was nearby (that can be a sign) and telling me to loosen up.

BTW, we had a great seat, the venue was fine, the food was fine, and my sister said she hadn't had so much fun in years and wants to go again next year!!

Girlie

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »
I think I get small premonitions at times.

Once, as a teenager on vacation, I had made friends with another girl of about my age. I asked her what her birthday was, and I knew before she said it that it was August 28, same as mine. It was uncanny, but I had felt so certain just moments before. The feeling was strong enough that I still recall it years later, at any rate.

This next one is more recent. My company has an Employee of the Month program. This matters to me because I run payroll and the award that is given is direct deposited to the employee on the next payroll following the announcement. I dreamed about an employee winning the EoM - an employee I never see, rarely talk to, and don't often think about because we're at different branches and in different departments. Even when we were housed at the same branch, I found her to be spectacularly unfriendly and avoided her when I could. Anyway, I was shocked when I got into work the next morning and found that my dream had come true - she had indeed won EoM.

There have been other small things through the years, but those just popped out at me while sitting here.