News:

• February 25, 2018, 10:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thrift Score!  (Read 372630 times)

Frog24

Re: Thrift Score!
« Reply #1515 on: February 02, 2018, 01:47:32 PM »
An article in the paper this week: Buyer spent $0.50 at a thrift store on a Q-Tip tin only to find it was full of jewelry!  Some very beautiful things, too.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/thrift-store-shopper-returns-jewelry-found-in-q-tips-box-1.23155669

(If you don't want to read the article, she returned the jewelry to the thrift store, which gives its proceeds to the local hospital.  The original owner had passed away and her family dropped off a bunch of stuff to the thrift store, not knowing the jewelry was there.)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1516 on: February 11, 2018, 10:52:42 AM »
I needed a baby shower gift, theme is lions for a girl.

Went to Ross, and found a stuffed lion suitable for a baby, and a matching Betsey Johnson layette set in cream with gold stars for $19 total!

I went next door to the dollar store, and found a baby shower card with a lion on it, and a gift bag with multicolored stars and a lion tag.

I also got a 50 cent mug that says let's get cracking in gold with polka dots that is now home to a small succulent.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #1517 on: February 11, 2018, 12:48:21 PM »
Found a free changing table and pad on Craigslist in great shape, 2 small marks on the shelves that will surely be covered by stacks of diapers soon enough. The grandmother getting rid of it also had a pack and play with lots of accessories in like-new condition she was getting rid of for $40, which usually sells for about $115, so we got both items.
We don't know the gender of our child yet, but I'm sure no child of mine will turn up their nose at a brown playpen with pink and green plaid accents, although the grandmother was worried we wouldn't want it for a boy.

gmatoy

« Reply #1518 on: February 11, 2018, 05:59:48 PM »
Found a free changing table and pad on Craigslist in great shape, 2 small marks on the shelves that will surely be covered by stacks of diapers soon enough. The grandmother getting rid of it also had a pack and play with lots of accessories in like-new condition she was getting rid of for $40, which usually sells for about $115, so we got both items.
We don't know the gender of our child yet, but I'm sure no child of mine will turn up their nose at a brown playpen with pink and green plaid accents, although the grandmother was worried we wouldn't want it for a boy.

As if a baby knows about colors. I told my daughter (2nd born) that she wore a lot of her brother's clothes so we could buy her toys. She said, " Good plan!"