News:

• April 20, 2018, 07:37:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Something you've never told anyone IRL  (Read 511 times)

PennyandPleased

Something you've never told anyone IRL
« on: April 09, 2018, 06:36:49 PM »
Thought this might be an interesting thread... 

What is something you've done, witnessed, found out, etc. that you've never told anyone in real life? Perhaps something you're embarrassed of? Or knew it was wrong but did it anyway? Found out some information you shouldn't have and never told? Does not have to be negative, could be embarrassing and funny! What's a secret you've kept to yourself and will take with you when you go?

Here is mine:

In 8th grade I went with a friend and her (married) Mom to a Christmas party. It was hosted by my friend's Mom's friend. Huge mansion, very dressy, catered, classy. My friend and I felt SO grown up and special to be able to attend. Towards the end of the night I had to use the bathroom desperately but there was a line at the powder room. I finally went looking for another bathroom. As I wandered the huge house I turned a corner and saw my friend's Mom intensely kissing the husband of the party host. There was no mistaking it was them, and it was a heck of a kiss. I stood there for several seconds. Totally stunned. Then I ran away. I was standing in the kitchen when my friend's Mom and the Husband came back into the room, both looking awkward and flustered. I spent the rest of the night internally freaking out and watching my friend's Mom and the Husband exchange "glances". They even both purposely brushed passed each other and got "handsy" when they thought no one was looking.

I never told a single person what I saw. It bothered my for weeks. I was young and that's a lot for a young kid to handle. I felt almost ashamed that I saw what I saw and was also afraid if I told that I wouldn't be able to hang out with my friend anymore.

The next year I distinctly remember asking my friend if she was going to the Christmas party again. She said no and that "my Mom does not talk to those people anymore but I don't know why." I never heard anything else about it.

Friend's parents are still married.

HenrysMom

Re: Something you've never told anyone IRL
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 07:44:06 PM »
Way back when I worked at Evil Oil Company, I was working late dumpster diving for spare computer parts (large inequity my groups’ vs other groups’ budgets).  The computers were always discarded in rather secluded areas of the various buildings, so I was always coming across what I’ll call “courting” couples.  Fortunately, most times I wasn’t seen, so I’d just go another way and never say a word.