News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 06, 2016, 06:52:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fingerprint keepsakes  (Read 416 times)

coolio

Fingerprint keepsakes
« on: April 29, 2016, 03:19:17 PM »
I want to get the fingerprint of my kids on a keepsake.

Online I've seen heart pendants, or just plain circles with the fingerprints on them. These don't really appeal to me.

So what would you use for a keepsake or any suggestions.

rose red

Re: Fingerprint keepsakes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:27:23 PM »
I don't wear much jewelry and certainly don't want to wear fingerprints, even my children's. However, a keychain or a charm to hang on the zipper of my wallet/handbag would be cute.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
I have seen fingerprint designs in a cross stitch/embroidery pattern. It's difficult to set up, but can be a nice keepsake.

I saw a hand print tattoo today, a son had his late father's hand print put on his shoulder.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

QueenfaninCA

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
Get a white mat for framing pictures. Have the kid(s) do invidual fingerprints on it in red paint (each print should be an oval). Use black ink to turn each read oval into a ladybug by adding legs, antennae and dots. Use to frame a photo of the child(ren).

lilfox

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 03:51:35 PM »
Get a white mat for framing pictures. Have the kid(s) do invidual fingerprints on it in red paint (each print should be an oval). Use black ink to turn each read oval into a ladybug by adding legs, antennae and dots. Use to frame a photo of the child(ren).

Cute!  I thought of something similar that DS brought home from day care - it's just a generic green line (stem) and his fingerprints are the flower buds or petals.  Craft sites and blogs probably have lots of ideas like that.

I also like the zipper pull or key chain idea since those have a little more permanence to them.

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 10:28:53 AM »
I like elephant hand prints. Much cuter to me than turkeys.

Get print of entire hand on paper. Turn paper upside down. use ink or paint to transform into elephant with the thumb as the trunk and the fingers as 4 legs.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.