Author Topic: Holidays, Children, and their "announcements" to all  (Read 2837 times)

Mishka13

Re: Holidays, Children, and their "announcements" to all
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 01:56:48 PM »
Telling on myself:
I was about 3 or 4 yrs old and sitting on my Mom's lap in church, near the front. She was thinking that I was being so good and quiet, when all the sudden, I finished what I had secretly been working on. I had been quietly unbuttoning her shirt, and when I got it open, I held apart, and shouted, "Ta-Daaaa!"

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 03:13:34 PM »
Telling on myself:
I was about 3 or 4 yrs old and sitting on my Mom's lap in church, near the front. She was thinking that I was being so good and quiet, when all the sudden, I finished what I had secretly been working on. I had been quietly unbuttoning her shirt, and when I got it open, I held apart, and shouted, "Ta-Daaaa!"

I almost had lemonade come out of my nose when I read that!!!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 03:43:19 PM »
Telling on myself:

I almost had lemonade come out of my nose when I read that!!!

I almost choked on my candy. That is too funny!

Chipmunky

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »
Love it, Mishka!!!

Regarding my Sister and my niece's announcement....it seems to run in the family that children will say the most inopportune things at the worst time...

One Easter, sister was about 4.5. Brother was a little over 2, and just starting to speak in sentences. My siblings, my dad, and their mother were visiting our paternal grandmother. Grandmother had all 4 of her sisters visiting: Mary, Margaret, Ann, and Helen (the names become important). Grandmother and "the old Aunts" started bugging the children to talk. Brother refuses. They ask Sister if she knows "ring around the roses"

Sister stands up straight and proud, and begins to sing:

ring around the roses
pocket full of poses
Horses (less polite word for rear starting with an A)
We all fall down!

They had her repeat the third line. They asked where she heard it (by now, Dad is heading to the back porch with his father with drinks- Grandaddy is laughing so hard he can barely get out the door)....

Sister proudly announces that "Daddy calls Aunt Hellion (Helen, and yes, Dad coached the children to mispronounce her name) a Horses "rearend" ALL the TIME at our house!"

Easter dinner was very short....

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 04:25:17 AM »
Telling on myself:

Awesome! That make me laugh out loud :D ;D

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

goldilocks

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »
My DD was in kindergarten at a Catholic school, and they were learning the stations of the cross.   Sort of.

She was explain them to me and gets to the point where jesus died and was buried - in a coffin "You know Mama, like vampires sleep in".

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »
My DD was in kindergarten at a Catholic school, and they were learning the stations of the cross.   Sort of.

She was explain them to me and gets to the point where jesus died and was buried - in a coffin "You know Mama, like vampires sleep in".

cute!