News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• January 31, 2015, 07:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 59952 times)

greencat

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1230 on: Yesterday at 05:01:36 PM »
I'm sick, so generally not doing much, but I managed to call in on the ticket line and get my massive-huge-enormous-where did all these people come from group of friends six tables together for Weird Al!  I also busted out the waffle maker I got for Christmas, because I wanted something sweet and bready to settle my stomach. 

mmswm

« Reply #1231 on: Yesterday at 07:34:03 PM »
Last night my eldest son tripped going up the stairs and grabbed the handrail to prevent a fall.  He did not prevent a fall because instead of the handrail steadying him, two of the three brackets that held it to the wall snapped in half (note, they did not rip out of the wall or out of the handrail...they literally snapped in half)

Yesterday I took down what remained of the hardware and today I patched the wall and reinstalled the handrail.  As a bonus, I also reinstalled the handrail on the other set of stairs.  The one that came down within a month of bf moving in.  In 1994. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1232 on: Yesterday at 07:50:02 PM »
Snapped in half? Holy cow!  ???
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

mmswm

« Reply #1233 on: Yesterday at 07:57:03 PM »
Yup.  That's why I included the picture!  I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself.  The amazing thing is that the half of the broken brackets that were still attached to the wall were snug as could be. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1234 on: Today at 09:29:06 AM »
Yesterday, got a lot of cooking done and made a huge bowl of crunchable quickles ( quick pickles) so when I feel like noshing I'll have something healthy and ready.

Today- cleaned out two kitchen cabinets ( threw out tons of unneeded"stuff") and on hallway closet ( threw out a huge - and I mean huge- bag of old knapsacks, bags,  hats etc. I am planning to move across the world in a few months so I want to get started on the purging. Luckily,  I tend to not accumulate stuff but even so, I know I don't want to pay to ship old knapsacks.

Updated: after what i wrote, i cleaned out another closet - got rid of old clothing that i was saving, who knows what for. FInally purged the cream color suit that i wore at my second wedding about 17 years ago... (that ended in a bad divorce)
« Last Edit: Today at 12:43:09 PM by cicero »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools