News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 29, 2016, 01:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flexible mixed drink suggestion?  (Read 467 times)

dawnfire

Re: Flexible mixed drink suggestion?
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 08:10:44 PM »
lemon lime and bitters. there's two way of making this. I'll give it to you both ways

1st method) rim a glass with Angostura aromatic bitters, add ice, fill the glass with lemonade (ie:7up, sprite) and add an shot of lime juice cordial

2nd method) add a shot of lime juice cordial. add ice, fill the glass 3/5 with lemonade and add a few (about 6 or so) of shakes of Angostura aromatic bitters
Whittlesea Victoria

Drunken Housewife

• still coherent
    • my blog
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 08:11:44 PM »
I'm a sucker for making mixed drinks with prosecco (or other sparkling wine).

Prosecco with grapefruit juice.
With cran.
With a splash of absinthe (which is called "Death in the Afternoon" and was one of Hemingway's favorites, really garish looking and yummy)
With a little vodka and lemonade.
With curacao (this is a very popular one with people I have made it for).
With Guiness.
My favorite: with some chambord and a floater of fruit sorbet (which I got from food writer Melissa Clark, my idol)
It's so versatile.
http://www.drunkenhousewife.com

Bijou

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:42:31 AM »
I've got an annual cabin weekend coming up with friends.  We bring our own beverages, and always have a drink in hand but no one is interested in getting trashed.

I really like the way I manage mine, but am looking for a fresh flavor combination.  I usually bring cranberry juice, orange juice, sparkling water, and vodka.  I can mix throughout the days to get different sweet/tart, strong/light/no alcohol, rich/refreshing drinks.

Does anyone have a similar combination that can be changed up to keep tasting different, but isn't the same ol' same ol'?

Thanks!
I love beer and hot and spicy v8 with a twist of lime.  but...I don't use alcohol, so I substitute non alcohol beer or, preferably, lime sparkling water for the beer.  And it's over ice.  You could use bloody Mary mix, instead of the v8.  Oh, boy, that sounds good!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.