Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 89503 times)

MizB

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2010, 01:32:56 AM »
Dear Falcor

I love that your dog's name is Falcor. After my shih tsu started to get older I had wished I had thought of that as a name.

Random strangers on the street call my dog Falcor, it's almost frightening how much he looks like the original

What kind of dog is he?
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2010, 02:58:13 AM »
Dear Dog Pack...

Do your memories last as long as that guy's memory in memento?

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »
Dear Falcor

I love that your dog's name is Falcor. After my shih tsu started to get older I had wished I had thought of that as a name.

Random strangers on the street call my dog Falcor, it's almost frightening how much he looks like the original

What kind of dog is he?

I know he's half clumber spaniel.  As for the other half, common guesses are shepherd, golden or lab.  Basically, picture one of these:

http://www.breederretriever.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/428

but with longer legs, narrower chest and shorter hair.  He's about 65 pounds, which is pretty small for a clumber.

MizB

« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »
Falcor is precious!!
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2010, 11:06:51 AM »
OK, I'm missing the reference.  Who or what is Falcor, other than some sort of dog? ???
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Elfqueen13

• Adventures in House Hunting!
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »
OK, I'm missing the reference.  Who or what is Falcor, other than some sort of dog? ???

It's from The Neverending Story.  (Google Images is your friend :) )
Follow along on my house hunt!  http://ulfrslady.livejournal.com/

POF

« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2010, 11:24:32 AM »
Dear Duckie ( AKA as Daisy Duck )

Mommy is trying very hard to get into shape. Sometimes that means walking you / running with you. But sometimes - I need to do some floor exercises.  I know you are trying to help - but when you come over and throw your 60lb self on my back when I am doing pushups.... it makes me say bad words and fall on the floor.  Surprises are nice NINJA attacks are not.

Oh - you are not allowed to sleep on my bed. Also - you are not invisible..... I can see you in the bed. I actually feel you laying on TOP of me. Let's talk when i get home tonight.

Redsoil

« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »
Dear Miss Yuk,

There's a reason for your name, you know.  Doesn't mean you have to justify it further by rolling in the dead cow up the paddock.  Ick. 

Mum.
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

kschmid5

« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2010, 12:25:35 PM »
Dear Thumper and Nibbler,

the baby is NOT for licking.  I see you trying to sneak up and like his toes when I'm feeding him. I am not amused. I know you eat poop, and I would like the baby to stay doggie-poop free for a bit.  Ditto on licking his head. So not cool.

Speaking of poop. You are both trained to go outside.  We built a special doggie door and a track through the garage to accommodate this very special trick.  Use it. The fact that it is dark outside, or that the grass is wet, is not an invitation to poop in the kitchen. Mommy likes her kitchen to smell clean... not of doggie poop or pee.  Mommy will forgive the annoying licking if you stop using indoors as a toilet.

Finally, I know how food motivated the two of you are.  Daddy will give you scraps. Go bother him. Don't try to sneak cheese off my plate when I'm having a snack (or dinner) after the baby has gone to sleep.  The fact that you are in range of my food does not make it your food. If you're good, I'll give you pieces of chicken and cheese in your bowl.  Just leave mine alone please.  Ditto for glasses of water.  You have a whole bowl of water, don't try to tip mine over for the novelty of "my" water. It's from the same tap!

Elfqueen13

• Adventures in House Hunting!
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:15 PM »
Dear Old Dog: You almost had Grandma convinced that you are ancient and arthritic.  She called me, very concerned about your supposed difficulties navigating the stairs.  Too bad she called right after you were jumping around to earn a piece of biscuit.

Busted!

Love,
Mama
Follow along on my house hunt!  http://ulfrslady.livejournal.com/

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »
But you were gone ALL DAY, Elfqueen!!!  Poor Old Dog, Abandoned and Bereft (and probably Starving to Death), had to depend on Grandma to let him out.  :)
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
Dear Dog,

I know you're not a mental giant, but you should still be intelligent enough to understand that A) you're not going to come under attack in the back yard and B) regardless of the possibility of said attack, the people are still totally capable of dragging you outside.  Please go outside without fighting us.

Love,
your people

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2010, 03:00:21 PM »
Dear Scotch,

You have to get up when we get up. I know 0600 is early, but when we try to put you outside in the morning because we're going to be gone most of the day and you wag your tail at us and roll away as you are still trying to sleep, it's frustrating.

Also, you are 70lbs. Please do not sit on us and watch where you step. Thanks

Furthermore, just because it's alcohol, doesn't mean it's yours. This habit of knocking people's glasses, spilling their drinking on them and then licking it off is making us think maybe you need to be enrolled in some kind of program.

Lastely, we've decided you're cute. Don't let it go to your head.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

DistantStar

« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »
Ooh!  I have an aunt who has two Clumbers.

If I ever have one I'll have to consider calling it Falcor; I never thought of the reference before, but it fits!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2010, 05:34:25 PM »
Dear Miss Yuk,

There's a reason for your name, you know.  Doesn't mean you have to justify it further by rolling in the dead cow up the paddock.  Ick. 

Mum.

hehehe - this made me laugh.  what kind of dog is Miss Yuk?  I'm thinking terrier....