Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 80369 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2011, 08:52:05 AM »
Dear Banchee,

Yes, I know those treats were for you. That does not mean you need to find both bags of peanut butter cookies and rip them apart and eat all the treats. Can't you at least look slightly abashed when I come in, rather than calmly reaching in and eating another cookie?

Your Mom

P.S. This is why your Christmas present is all the way up on the shelf.

Dear Banchee,

Hi, uh...my name is Banshee...I'm pretty shy, but....but I like to play.  You have a great name!

Love,
Banshee
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Boots

« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »
Dear Tiny, (My 200lb mastiff)

I want to thank you for being there for me yesterday when I was having a meltdown of epic proportions.  Laying beside me and draping your massive legs over my body was exactly what I needed.  Then following me to the laundry room when I was apparently not quite finished with my episode, and sitting on my feet,  resting your huge head on my legs was so sweet.  You knew Momma was sad and distressed and you stayed by my side all day and all night last night.

You are worth all the drool flinging, smelly gassiness and shedding I have to put up with.  I loves you big boy. 

Boots

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »
Dear Banchee,

Yes, I know those treats were for you. That does not mean you need to find both bags of peanut butter cookies and rip them apart and eat all the treats. Can't you at least look slightly abashed when I come in, rather than calmly reaching in and eating another cookie?

Your Mom

Dear Banchee,

Hi, uh...my name is Banshee...I'm pretty shy, but....but I like to play.  You have a great name!

Love,
Banshee

Dear Banshee,

Yup, we've got cool names. I know a pond you could come swim in, and if you're old and tired like me, the owners will carry you home when you're done. (Mom's less fond of this, but the neighbors like that they get cookies for it).

Banchee
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »
Dear Tiny, (My 200lb mastiff)

I want to thank you for being there for me yesterday when I was having a meltdown of epic proportions.  Laying beside me and draping your massive legs over my body was exactly what I needed.  Then following me to the laundry room when I was apparently not quite finished with my episode, and sitting on my feet,  resting your huge head on my legs was so sweet.  You knew Momma was sad and distressed and you stayed by my side all day and all night last night.

You are worth all the drool flinging, smelly gassiness and shedding I have to put up with.  I loves you big boy. 

Boots

Awww....they are wonderful, aren't they!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »
Dear Banchee,

Your Mom

Dear Banchee,

Love,
Banshee

Dear Banshee,

Yup, we've got cool names. I know a pond you could come swim in, and if you're old and tired like me, the owners will carry you home when you're done. (Mom's less fond of this, but the neighbors like that they get cookies for it).

Banchee

Dear Banchee,

I've never been swimming before!  Mom threatens that my coat will soak up too much water and pull me under  ::)  If I ever head your direction, you'll have to teach me how to swim.

Banshee
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Boots

« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »
Siamesecat, yes, he is the best "found" dog ever.   At this moment he is stretched out on the couch snoring softly.  ;D

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »
Siamesecat, yes, he is the best "found" dog ever.   At this moment he is stretched out on the couch snoring softly.  ;D

A "found" mastiff? Details! And pix!
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

amylouky

« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2011, 10:15:06 AM »
Dear Sadie,

When I opened the door this morning and asked you to "go", I meant "go potty". I did not mean, go out the door, jump right over the 5.5' tall privacy fence, run down the driveway and take off down the street. I am sure that you and the neighbors got a kick out of seeing me running around in my pajamas yelling for you, and eventually having to get the CAR to chase you down.
Oh, and the candy canes on the tree are not for you.

Love,

Mom

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »
Dear Sadie,

When I opened the door this morning and asked you to "go", I meant "go potty". I did not mean, go out the door, jump right over the 5.5' tall privacy fence, run down the driveway and take off down the street. I am sure that you and the neighbors got a kick out of seeing me running around in my pajamas yelling for you, and eventually having to get the CAR to chase you down.

Love,

Mom

Dear Sadie,

Did you know that even if your humans extend the fence you can dig your paws in and just climb it?  Yeah, it was pretty funny watching mom chase me down the roads in Pittsburgh with tin foil in her hair!  *Snicker* Humans are so weird.

Love,
Skeletor the Rottweiler/Border Collie

eport

« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2011, 10:29:30 AM »
Dear Scotty,

Why did you eat 1/2 of a glass ornament that was on the tree (and not one close to the ground-you had to get on your hind legs to reach that one)? You didn't do this last year. I am happy you are safe but DON'T DO THAT.

The vet said to watch you go #2 because we would only have to take you in for emergency medicine if you had trouble. So I am glad that you chewed it into small pieces. The blue glass pieces/red feathers in your poop were only funny once. I'm glad it stopped so you can go out by yourself now.

We buy you a ton of bones and treats why don't you eat them.

Sincerly,
Annoyed but slightly amused since you are ok.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »
Dear Scotty,

Why did you eat 1/2 of a glass ornament that was on the tree (and not one close to the ground-you had to get on your hind legs to reach that one)? You didn't do this last year. I am happy you are safe but DON'T DO THAT.

The vet said to watch you go #2 because we would only have to take you in for emergency medicine if you had trouble. So I am glad that you chewed it into small pieces. The blue glass pieces/red feathers in your poop were only funny once. I'm glad it stopped so you can go out by yourself now.

We buy you a ton of bones and treats why don't you eat them.

Sincerly,
Annoyed but slightly amused since you are ok.

Dear Scotty,

Don't listen to those silly hoominz! Eating glass is AWESOME. I ate a candleholder once. Mom freaked out but it was so much fun, made a great crunchy noise, and had a tasty candle inside. Yummm!

Stubby tail wags,
The Rottweiler
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:19:35 AM by Yvaine »

Boots

« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »

My found Mastiff.  Long story as short as I can.  He belonged to a young couple who were never home, he was lonely and breaking out of his yard which is how I found him.  Three weeks after finding him and searching for his owner (seriously how do you lose a dog like this? lol) she claimed him and gave him back to us the next day! I think he was more dog than they bargained for!

He's brought so much laughter and joy to our lives!  I could and probably should write a short story about Tiny and all his adventures.  He's a goof ball and a lover.   

Dr. F.

« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2011, 10:57:42 AM »
Dear Sadie,

Love,

Mom

Dear Sadie,

Did you know that even if your humans extend the fence you can dig your paws in and just climb it?  Yeah, it was pretty funny watching mom chase me down the roads in Pittsburgh with tin foil in her hair!  *Snicker* Humans are so weird.

Love,
Skeletor the Rottweiler/Border Collie

On this note:

Ariel,

I've extended the fence, but a second fence around your favorite jumping spot, and tried to put spiky things on the ground. You still climb over the whole thing without trouble. Why is it so important to escape? Particularly since you just wait for me to pick you up on the other side?

Oh, and if I catch you mid-climb, squealing like I'm killing you is not helpful and won't make me stop. I know I wasn't hurting you, but now the neighbors are probably wondering just what the heck is going on over here.

Dr. F.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »

My found Mastiff.  Long story as short as I can.  He belonged to a young couple who were never home, he was lonely and breaking out of his yard which is how I found him.  Three weeks after finding him and searching for his owner (seriously how do you lose a dog like this? lol) she claimed him and gave him back to us the next day! I think he was more dog than they bargained for!

He's brought so much laughter and joy to our lives!  I could and probably should write a short story about Tiny and all his adventures.  He's a goof ball and a lover.

Aww! Love the way he cuddles the other dog.

Boots

« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2011, 01:31:08 PM »
Yeah, that's what he did to me the other day when I needed a hug! lol

I love reading these stories about people's dogs.  Cracks me up!  I'm going to have to try and remember some of the zany stuff mine do to contribute!