Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 86376 times)

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #615 on: November 23, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »
Dear Brook
  We were only at the store for an hour or so and I gave you biscuits when we left.  Your food dish is filled with breakfast you didn't eat.  So can you explain to me how a full cat dish that was previously in the dining room is now in the living room mere inches from your bed and empty?  I do think it is cute that when I ask you how various things get in your bed, you look at the ceiling and get a "think,think,think" look on your face, but sweetheart, I know it was you!  The cats would not willingly give up their kibble to you and no one else was in the house.  You will be farting all night now...hope the belly ache was worth it!

Love,
The kibble provider

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #616 on: November 24, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »
You are a very strange dog, in that you love going to the vet. And you're so well-behaved at the vet, it amazes everyone, especially the vet. You gave him a kiss after he gave you a shot!  You are seriously bizarre.

LOL.  I actually picked my current vet after hearing that someone's dog ran away from home and turned up at the vet's office!  I figure if the animals show up there on their own, the vet must have something going for them.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

KB

« Reply #617 on: November 24, 2013, 08:33:21 PM »
Dear Patch

I have just dropped you off at the vet to get those final troublesome teeth of yours removed and it's awfully quiet here without your claws tapping on the floor. I can't wait for you to get home so I can give you lots of huggles.

Love,

Your anxious mummy

greencat

« Reply #618 on: November 24, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »
Dear Rocky,

Potty time is an acceptable reason to whine to go outside.

THERE'S A NEW KITTY IN THE BACK YARD!!!! OH MY DOG I NEED TO MEET THE NEW KITTY!!!!!!!! is not and never will be an acceptable reason to whine go outside.  The kitties we already have inside are more than happy to meet all your cat-interaction needs. 

Love,

The door-operator

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #619 on: November 24, 2013, 09:49:34 PM »
Dear Molly

If you're gonna hork up a hairball, please get off my our bed before you do so.  Two doonahs in three days is ridiculous! 

Besides, dogs don't do hairballs, cats do.  Get it right!

Love
the Laundress

mmswm

« Reply #620 on: November 25, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »
Dear Sammy,

It's a haircut, not a torture technique.  You are much happier when you don't have burrs in your belly fur.  I promise you will survive.

Love,
The Evil One. (At least in your eyes)
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Firecat

« Reply #621 on: November 25, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »
You are a very strange dog, in that you love going to the vet. And you're so well-behaved at the vet, it amazes everyone, especially the vet. You gave him a kiss after he gave you a shot!  You are seriously bizarre.

LOL.  I actually picked my current vet after hearing that someone's dog ran away from home and turned up at the vet's office!  I figure if the animals show up there on their own, the vet must have something going for them.

Years ago, my mom taught dog obedience classes. One evening, the people from the first class for that night came downstairs from their break and told us there was a dog trying to get into the building. Mom and I grabbed the spare leash and went upstairs...sure enough, there was one of the dogs from the second class - all by himself, and happy to see us.

So we got the leash on him, grabbed the class list, and called his (now-frantic) people. Who were very relieved to hear from us. Apparently they'd been a little late getting home, so the dog had gotten out of the yard and come to class on his own! Crossed some really busy streets to get there, too. But he was fine, and happy to hang out with me until his people showed up, so all was well.

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #622 on: November 25, 2013, 06:07:35 PM »
Dear Lucy,

Are you trying to drive me mad? What have I done to you lately???

So far this week you have escaped the yard and after being gone overnight turned up at the pound. Yeah, I am still mad about the $400 it cost to bail you out - you evil mutt.

Then last night I get home, and find the kitty litter spread across the floor of the toilet, laundry and kitchen. I know it was you, because 1, you were the only one inside, and 2, you still had pieces of it stuck in your whiskers and face!

I know you didn't enjoy the bath, but trust me, I didn't enjoy picking pieces of dirty kitty litter out from between your toes!

It took me over an hour to sweep, vacuum and mop the floors you desecrated. You have now been renamed from a silky Terrier, to a silky terror! You are 13 years old for goodness sake! You should know better!

Not feeling the love,

Mum

Dear Bailie,

Thank you for being such a good dog and staying out of the mess your sister caused. By the way, I saw you smooching the cat this morning - so the tough girl act is blown! You are such a good girl.

Secret smooches,
Mum

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #623 on: November 25, 2013, 06:56:15 PM »
You have now been renamed from a silky Terrier, to a silky terror!
We say that Honey Girl is part Dachshund and part Terriorist.  She's such a sweet, friendly, little girl, just 14 pounds.  Except it is 14 pounds of solid muscle and bone.  When she throws her weight into her harness and tries to go after the feral boar, DH said "I think there is a Pit Bull under that sweet dog facade."  I think we could put DH (who is disabled & weighs about 190 lbs) in a little red wagon and hitch up Honey Girl to pull him around.  If the wagon had good wheels and the pavement was smooth, I'm sure she could do it.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #624 on: November 25, 2013, 07:07:16 PM »
We say that Honey Girl is part Dachshund and part Terriorist.  She's such a sweet, friendly, little girl, just 14 pounds.  Except it is 14 pounds of solid muscle and bone.  When she throws her weight into her harness and tries to go after the feral boar, DH said "I think there is a Pit Bull under that sweet dog facade."  I think we could put DH (who is disabled & weighs about 190 lbs) in a little red wagon and hitch up Honey Girl to pull him around.  If the wagon had good wheels and the pavement was smooth, I'm sure she could do it.

My two get called the 'Wholly Terriers'. 

Molly is about 15-16lbs, but when she puts the brakes on, she seems to weigh a ton.

mmswm

« Reply #625 on: November 26, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »
Dear Baxter,

I know you're just trying to make me feel better, but 140 pounds of dog on my belly, which is in enough pain to require morphine just to make it tolerable, isn't helping.  Can you just hang out beside me instead of trying to crawl into my lap?

Thanks,
Your grateful "grandmommy"  (The dog actually belongs to my son)
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Lynnv

« Reply #626 on: November 26, 2013, 05:09:06 PM »

My two get called the 'Wholly Terriers'. 

Molly is about 15-16lbs, but when she puts the brakes on, she seems to weigh a ton.

Sidd was a Pekingese/Terrier (we think) mix.  We called him the Peking Terror.  Or, once he lost one eye, the Peeking Terror.    ;D
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Dr. F.

« Reply #627 on: November 26, 2013, 05:10:23 PM »
Dear Dogs,

I realize the weather outside is nasty and you really, really don't like cold rain. I'm sorry, but glaring at me while refusing to go out won't make me change the weather. If I could change it, I would. Believe me!

Mommy

Dear Ariel,

Your brothers are sensible dogs who want to stay inside all comfy when not having to go potty. I realize you like to look outside, but I am NOT going to hold the door open so you can stay in while looking outside while not getting too cold/wet. Use the windows.

She who pays the heat bills

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #628 on: November 26, 2013, 05:13:06 PM »
Sidd was a Pekingese/Terrier (we think) mix.  We called him the Peking Terror.  Or, once he lost one eye, the Peeking Terror;D
That was really, really bad, Lynnv. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Lynnv

« Reply #629 on: November 26, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
Sidd was a Pekingese/Terrier (we think) mix.  We called him the Peking Terror.  Or, once he lost one eye, the Peeking Terror;D
That was really, really bad, Lynnv. >:D

So were we downright awful if we sometimes called him the Peeking Peking Terror?

Seriously, that little dog had some racial memory of when only royalty was allowed to own Pekes.  And he was NOT sure he approved of us commoners now having the privilege.  But he was pretty sure he could train us up to be decent servants.  How he ended up on the street (and having a tough time there) and then at the shelter is a mystery.  He was clearly someone's spoiled, beloved, spoiled, pampered, spoiled pet.  And that was before we got him.   8)
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein