Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 86092 times)

Dr. F.

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2013, 05:05:55 PM »
Dear Pelon,

It's cute that you love veggies so much, even raw brussels sprouts! However, if I'd realized that you would spend all night with your butt facing me and farting brussels sprouts farts, I wouldn't've given you any.

Don't plan on getting anymore brussels sprouts for a while.

The Veggie Dispenser

Nikko-chan

« Reply #631 on: November 29, 2013, 09:15:27 PM »
Dear Pelon,

It's cute that you love veggies so much, even raw brussels sprouts! However, if I'd realized that you would spend all night with your butt facing me and farting brussels sprouts farts, I wouldn't've given you any.

Don't plan on getting anymore brussels sprouts for a while.

The Veggie Dispenser

Okay now THAT is funny!

andi

« Reply #632 on: November 30, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »
Cap'tn Jack -

Cousin's baby is not a puppy. All the humans are allowed to play with and hold the baby so you can stop barking and snipping at everyone when the baby gets picked up or tickled. Also please stop licking the baby's nose.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #633 on: December 01, 2013, 02:11:59 AM »
Cap'tn Jack -

Cousin's baby is not a puppy. All the humans are allowed to play with and hold the baby so you can stop barking and snipping at everyone when the baby gets picked up or tickled. Also please stop licking the baby's nose.
Honey Girl loves to thoroughly lick my husband's face, at least the parts not covered by his full beard.  She doesn't just lick his nose, she can curl her tongue & clean out his nose.  [that might have belonged in the gross out thread]

I prefer not to have a dog lick my face, so I only let her lick my neck under my jaw/ear.  I have to be careful not to speak while she is in my lap unless I also want my tonsils licked.  :o
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

andi

« Reply #634 on: December 01, 2013, 03:18:14 PM »
Hes not supposed to lick at all - 6 years of "no lick!" training.  But he'd sneak over and tip baby L's nose when he thought no one could see. It was funny - but not allowed.

Iris

« Reply #635 on: December 02, 2013, 01:12:21 AM »
Hes not supposed to lick at all - 6 years of "no lick!" training.  But he'd sneak over and tip baby L's nose when he thought no one could see. It was funny - but not allowed.

One of my friends met my dog for the first time the other day. She's an extremely 'doggy' person and immediately started encouraging him to jump up for a cuddle and a kiss. My poor dog got quite anxious because he knows it's BAD to jump up on or lick my friends, but he so wanted to take advantage of the opportunity. I had to do some quick interference on that one.

DDs though? He thinks they're fair game for a quick kiss.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #636 on: December 05, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »
Sweet Schroder - I know you are so happy we came home from the hospital, even if you did have the run of the whole bedroom and bathroom while we were gone. However, one of your humans has 30+ inches worth of staples holding them together, and the other one is exhausted. Please stop spinning in circles and jumping like mad for a second! I can't even focus my eyes on you!

BarensMom

« Reply #637 on: December 06, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »
Sweet Schroder - I know you are so happy we came home from the hospital, even if you did have the run of the whole bedroom and bathroom while we were gone. However, one of your humans has 30+ inches worth of staples holding them together, and the other one is exhausted. Please stop spinning in circles and jumping like mad for a second! I can't even focus my eyes on you!

I'm glad to hear that your DP is well enough to come home.  Poor Schroder needs a chewie toy to occupy him until he gets used to you two being back.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #638 on: December 06, 2013, 04:11:32 PM »
Dear Eddie:

I don't understand why you keep trying to mount your fur-companion; you have no twootters and she doesn't have the requisite female parts. It's not going to work!

Love,

Your sissy

cattlekid

« Reply #639 on: December 06, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »
Dear Clark,

Your literary choices are starting to irritate me.  Taking a Bible and Stephen King's 11/22/63 (both hardback!) off the shelf and EATING THEM does not make me happy and I doubt they are any better on the way out.

Signed,
Someone who would like to actually read a book before it's shredded

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #640 on: December 06, 2013, 04:38:40 PM »
Dear Eddie:

I don't understand why you keep trying to mount your fur-companion; you have no twootters and she doesn't have the requisite female parts. It's not going to work!

Love,

Your sissy
"Mounting" is not exclusively for procreation; It can be a dominance move.  The one on top wants to be the "top dog."  Interrupt him with an abrupt noise (shake coins in a metal can) or just say "no!"
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

andi

« Reply #641 on: December 06, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »
Jack Jack -

It's called "ice" and right now there's a good 2 inches plus everywhere. There is no grass, there is no "warm spot"   It's not gonna be any warmer tomorrow so you might as all get used to it. suck it up buttercup and pee already!

mrkitty

« Reply #642 on: December 07, 2013, 12:03:55 AM »
Dear Honey,

I know you want - or need - to go outside, even when it rains. And I know you hate being out in the rain. I know you're trying to proactively seek solutions, but when it rains in the front yard, it's also raining in the back yard. Trust me on this.

Love,
Mommy
Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #643 on: December 07, 2013, 06:25:55 AM »
Dear Eddie:

Love,

Your sissy
"Mounting" is not exclusively for procreation; It can be a dominance move.  The one on top wants to be the "top dog."  Interrupt him with an abrupt noise (shake coins in a metal can) or just say "no!"

She cleans his clock when he tries it.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #644 on: December 07, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »
It can also be an 'excitement' reaction.  One of my girls gets excited when we have visitors, and she takes her fave soft toy into her doggy bed, holds the toy in her mouth and humps the bed.  She also does it during playtime if she gets overwrought.

At least she seems to have stopped doing it to her sister...