Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 87370 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #825 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:35 PM »
Dear Pilsner:

The bag of balloons was bad enough, but a nitrile glove now? Why???

Love,
She who buys you treats
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #826 on: July 25, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
Dear Gemini,

While it's sad to you leave us, you are no longer a foster puppy. You've been adopted and are off to a great new life. Good luck, little one.

Dr. F.

« Reply #827 on: September 23, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
Dear Pelon,

I never thought I'd say this, but thank you very much for woofing. It seems that if an automated phone tree doesn't understand what you say 3 times in a row (or, say, your dog is woofing), it transfers to an actual person! Since that's what I wanted, it worked out well for everyone.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #828 on: September 23, 2014, 11:57:32 PM »
Dear Pack

Firstly, I don't know who pooped on the bathmat and the loungeroom rug, but whoever it was, don't do it again.  Secondly, please don't chase the cats, even if they do ask for it sometimes.

Molly - please don't be such a clingy little cranky-pants.  I'm back now, I'm not going anywhere, and Zoe* is only here for another week or so.  And please, please, please let me finish cutting your hair - that 'fat hairy leg' thing is not a good look for you, hun.

Suzi - good girl!  I missed you too, little wifey**.

Ella - not much to say here, you've been fairly good, but by golly, please refrain from the 'bull at a gate' impersonations.  You nearly knock me flying every time I come home!

Zoe - good girl!  I know you've been missing your Mummy and Daddy, but you've been so well behaved!  I'm glad you're standing up for yourself against the bigger doggies.  Please don't learn too many more bad habits from them.

Love

The bed warmer, tummy rubber and food distribution service.

*Been overseas for six weeks, Zoe belongs to the house sitters and is staying with us while they go for a longer jaunt around the state on their own.  She's a tiny little Maltese terrier and is just lovely.

**wifey, because I wake up with her cuddling up to me every morning, head on my pillow.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #829 on: September 24, 2014, 12:18:04 AM »
Dear Banshee and Colossus,

You are the best office mates, really.  You don't bother me with mundane small talk or questions that could easily be answered by reading the e-mails we were sent.  You don't judge me because I'm haven't changed out of my pajamas and my lunch is never commented on (you know better than to beg!).  I can tend to you absentmindedly while I finish examining that PDF without you thinking I'm rude because I'm not giving you my full attention even though you've interrupted my work.

However.

However, the next one of you that nudges my elbow for pets while I am trying to save something and make me click the wrong, non-saving but closing, option, is not getting an ice cookie the next time I open the freezer!  How's that for a punishment?!

Love,
The Singer of "Come My Minions!"
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

gingerzing

« Reply #830 on: September 24, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »
Dear Sadie-girl
Yes, I know that you HATES the "Cone of ShameTM " However, you are gnawing your back thigh raw and it needs to stop.  And I need to be able to put the salve on it so it doesn't get infected. 
And, no, we don't think it is clever that you have figured out how to roll the current Cone of Shame* down when you are in the back yard.  Stop that. 

For the record, sad eyes at me while you are wearing it won't help.

Love
The momma

*This particular Cone of Shame has soft padding called a Comfy Cone so it is easier to sleep with it on and doesn't cause quite as much havoc as a hard plastic cone.

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #831 on: September 24, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
Dear Grover,

I know you can be potty trained. I also know you are the littlest and only unfixed boy dog in the house. I know it was you and while pooping in Daddy's Doc Martin was hilarious (to me anyway), I had to take you outside. No more pooping in people's shoes please.

We have to convince people to adopt you and as cute as you are with the oversized paws and head, no one likes a poopy puppy.

The bringer of treats

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #832 on: September 24, 2014, 07:26:17 PM »
Dear Mika,

You are such a clever little Labrador. You were so good at puppy pre-school and you played so nice with all the other puppies, even those smaller than you. I am so glad you had a good time.

However, sitting, coming, and laying down are to be done on command all the time. Not just the times you know I have treats*. I specifically requested a dumb lab, and you are just to clever for your own good. You give the best snuggles though.

Love,

The giver of smooches and smacko's

* The little devil will obey pretty much any command if you have treats, but she knows if you are all out and will just wander off to do her own thing. Sigh. How can you stay mad at this face...

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:33:59 PM by Seraphim »

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #833 on: September 24, 2014, 07:40:14 PM »
You are in trouble! That is a cute puppy!

Seraphim

« Reply #834 on: September 24, 2014, 07:57:41 PM »
And she knows it too! She already had DH wrapped around her little paw, and I am about half way there...

Nikko-chan

« Reply #835 on: September 24, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »
How do you pronounce her name? I had a black cat named Mika and we pronounced it Meek-ah

Seraphim

« Reply #836 on: September 24, 2014, 11:39:17 PM »
Exactly like that. Mee-kha.

Otherwise known as tubby-butt and Oi! You!

Phoebelion

« Reply #837 on: September 25, 2014, 09:23:23 AM »
Dumb Lab?  Didn't know there was such an animal.

BTW - never put chicken on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

And hide the ball when you're done playing.

Don't bother with bird feeders - Labs eat suet.

You'll never see another squirrel in you yard.  Rabbits are a different matter.

Get a zoom groom for the Mika bunnies.  They are great.

Skipper's Mom

Seraphim

« Reply #838 on: September 25, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »
Our chocolate Lab Bailie who is 7 isn't that bright. Love her to bits, but we call her the smartest dumb dog we know. Example: She can open the sliding door, but walks into it at least 3 times before she realizes it is closed.

We live in the tropics of Australia so no squirrels. We do have wallabies, cane toads and about a gazillion lizards. All of which are fair game according to all my dogs. They cant catch the wallabies or lizards (who I am sure tease them on purpose) but the cane toads (toxic) can be a bit dangerous so we discourage chasing those.

That has not stopped Miss Mika bringing in a dried out, dessicated toad to use as a chew toy... Blegh!

Phoebelion

« Reply #839 on: September 26, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
Toad - eweeeee.

Skipper was given dead frozen squirrels to play with in his former life.  Maybe that's why he obsessed with live ones.