News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 19, 2017, 06:46:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 260599 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #840 on: October 01, 2014, 10:34:59 AM »
Dear Delilah,

Please stay in your own yard. I know you like to explore, and our yard currently looks like a mini-jungle, but I'm kinda tired of having to wake DH out of a dead sleep to get you back over the fence.

Thanks
The meanie who's going to be replacing that fence next year.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #841 on: October 01, 2014, 01:48:53 PM »
Dear Grover,

Ok, I was wrong. The nice lady who adopted you on Saturday said a few days in diapers and you were a house trained pup! Who knew! We miss you but we love knowing how happy you are. Good boy, Grover!

Dear Uno,

I wish we had more room. You are going to be the hardest dog we've ever given up. 13 pounds of sass, attitude and sweetness. We picked out a nice forever home for you. Lots of cute girl dogs to play with and a big yard. Your forever human is pretty amazing too. Tonight, we'll go for a walk and play a lot of fetch. Good luck, my little friend.

Dr. F.

« Reply #842 on: October 02, 2014, 04:46:12 PM »
Dear Pelon,

Kindly stop pulling the lettuces I just transplanted out of their pot to eat them. You know that normal dogs don't crave romaine, right? Plus, your sister has taken to eating the potting soil, which really can't be good for her.

Mommy

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #843 on: October 02, 2014, 06:24:16 PM »
Dear Valkyrie

We know you've never been left with  Grandma & Grandpa before.  But howling and wailing the Song of your People will not bring Daddy and the rest of your family back tonight nor keep them from getting on the plane tomorrow. Please stop.  The neighbors will think we have a werewolf over here!

Love, Grandma
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
« Reply #844 on: October 02, 2014, 07:37:14 PM »
Dear Valkyrie

We know you've never been left with  Grandma & Grandpa before.  But howling and wailing the Song of your People will not bring Daddy and the rest of your family back tonight nor keep them from getting on the plane tomorrow. Please stop.  The neighbors will think we have a werewolf over here!

Love, Grandma

Dear Valkyrie,

It's okay.  The people always come back, and they usually have awesome smells when they do!  Besides, other people sometimes spoil you rotten because they don't know the rules.  I got to get on all the beds AND the couches last time my people went somewhere!

Love,

Smokey

andi

« Reply #845 on: October 02, 2014, 07:54:34 PM »
Dear Jack Jack

You cannot poop and chase rabbits at the same time. I know you try to, but the result is not good for you and makes mommy laugh till she cries. Plus the rabbits are bigger than you so I'm not sure what you think is going to happen if you do catch one

Also - you do NOT need to pee 5 times a night when daddy is gone. I'd like to get some sleep please

Love you,
Mommy

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #846 on: October 02, 2014, 10:59:28 PM »
Dear Valkyrie

Love, Grandma

Dear Valkyrie,

It's okay.  The people always come back, and they usually have awesome smells when they do!  Besides, other people sometimes spoil you rotten because they don't know the rules.  I got to get on all the beds AND the couches last time my people went somewhere!

Love,

Smokey

Dear Valkyrie

Smokey is so right!  My mum and dad have been away for nearly two weeks, and in that time I've gotten used to sleeping on the bed with Auntie, giving and getting doggy kisses, beating up my new buddies, running around the yard like a maniac and stealing the new friends' food too.  It is puppy paradise!

Auntie says Mum and Dad will be back tomorrow.  I can't wait!  But I'm gonna miss my new bad habits. 

Love
Zoe the Maltese Terror Terrier

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #847 on: October 03, 2014, 07:17:48 PM »
I haven't been feeling well the last few days.   Valkyrie has made it her mission to Make Me Feel Better.  This consists of alternating giving kisses and bringing me her chew toys.  Clearly, playing tug with a brand-new rope bone will cure me!  ;D
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #848 on: October 03, 2014, 08:17:40 PM »
Aww that's so sweet! 

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

andi

« Reply #849 on: October 03, 2014, 09:30:37 PM »
Well of course - it's in all the new medical journals!!

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #850 on: October 04, 2014, 09:54:24 AM »
Doggie kisses are the new Vitamin C!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #851 on: October 05, 2014, 12:17:57 AM »

After what's happened in my life recently, I can attest that yes, doggy kisses are indeed able to cure everything.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Mental Magpie

« Reply #852 on: October 05, 2014, 12:36:51 AM »
I do not allow the dogs to kiss me, but only because a doctor advised me that it may be what triggers an infection on my skin.

However, doggie cuddles are a great substitute.  Skeletor, Border-Collie/Rottweiler mix, is still the smartest dog I have ever met.  He accidentally hurt me once (his tooth caught my scalp which, naturally, bled like no other); the moment he knew I was hurt he climbed in my lap, all 75lbs of him, and pouted like I would yell at him for chewing a shoe.  Any time I started to cry, he was in my lap like a cat, and let me squeeze him and bawl my eyes out without him squirming away.

Dear Skeletor,

I cannot even begin to thank you for your silent companionship.  You were my rock.

Love,
Mom

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #853 on: October 08, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »
Dear Jack Jack

You cannot poop and chase rabbits at the same time. I know you try to, but the result is not good for you and makes mommy laugh till she cries. Plus the rabbits are bigger than you so I'm not sure what you think is going to happen if you do catch one

Also - you do NOT need to pee 5 times a night when daddy is gone. I'd like to get some sleep please

Love you,
Mommy

Any chance of video of this? I'm trying to figure the logistics, and it's making me giggle.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Cyradis

« Reply #854 on: October 08, 2014, 03:58:37 PM »
Dear Kira,

Must you go from sleeping to singing the song of your people just as your human is sipping a cup of hot coffee?

Still much love,
Human