Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 80709 times)

kennedar

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »
Dear Meeka

I know that daddy left this morning for his first ever overnight trip. I know that you miss him, because he is your favorite. However, sitting at the door, staring at it with sad eyes will not make him come home any sooner. It will still be a week before you see him again. I miss him as much as you do.

Also, you are a spayed female. We both know this. Therefore h*mping the pillow is not going to get you anywhere. While it is amusing for Daddy and I, waking us up at 4 am to do this is not necessary.

Love

Mommy

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2009, 06:54:59 PM »
Dear Anubis:

I know your big brother is outside, but jumping over my leg to get out to him isn't good!  I don't need a heart attack... you're a cute, tiny little almost all-black dog, and it's DARK out!

Love,
Auntie

momof2weenies

• (3 weenies now!)
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2009, 09:10:29 AM »
Dear Oscar & Pepper:

You are, and always will be, mommy & daddy's bestest weenies ever.  This Friday, though, I'm bringing home another weenie.  His name is Bernie, and he needs a forever home.  Please, please be good brothers to him and help him learn the ropes - please?  You are so good with other dogs, I have faith that you will be nice to him.  This doesn't mean that you are any less special and no, this will not reduce your food/treats/toys/car rides/cheeseburgers at all.  Pepper, you will always be mommy's first weenie dog & dad's bestest buddy; and Oscar you'll always be mommy's snuggle bug & daddy's "Ooosc".  We just have extra love to share with Bernie dog, and he needs it.

Love,
Mommy
"Dachshunds are like potato chips. You can never have just one."

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2009, 09:55:08 AM »
Dear Smokey,

We tried to explain this to you yesterday, but I'm not sure if you got it, so I'm trying again. 

I know you want to play with all the dogs you see on your walk.  But, you look a little intimidating when you are in "way excited because there are dogs around" mode.  You thrash around, and bounce up and down, and in general act like your dearest wish is to get your gear off so you can attack.  Your people know this is not true, as does anyone who's met you for more than five minutes.  The people on the street do not know this.  They do not want you to hurt their dog, so they will not let you get close.  Pulling all your gear off and then trying to strangle yourself as you lunge around does not help at all.  Please stop doing this.  Your dad is very tired of coming home with sore arms because he's had to fight with you. 

On Thursday you will get to go to Woof Dah and play with all the dogs there.  Until then, please be nice about your walks, okay?  Otherwise, I'll have to start coming along, and you don't like that at all because I make you behave.  So be nice!

Love,

Your person

ShieldMaiden

• Lady of Rohan
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2009, 11:02:51 AM »
Dear Smokey,

We tried to explain this to you yesterday, but I'm not sure if you got it, so I'm trying again. 

I know you want to play with all the dogs you see on your walk.  But, you look a little intimidating when you are in "way excited because there are dogs around" mode.  You thrash around, and bounce up and down, and in general act like your dearest wish is to get your gear off so you can attack.  Your people know this is not true, as does anyone who's met you for more than five minutes.  The people on the street do not know this.  They do not want you to hurt their dog, so they will not let you get close.  Pulling all your gear off and then trying to strangle yourself as you lunge around does not help at all.  Please stop doing this.  Your dad is very tired of coming home with sore arms because he's had to fight with you. 

On Thursday you will get to go to Woof Dah and play with all the dogs there.  Until then, please be nice about your walks, okay?  Otherwise, I'll have to start coming along, and you don't like that at all because I make you behave.  So be nice!

Love,

Your person

Dear Smokey,

Can we go for a walk?  Then we can act like maniacs together because I'm the same! 

Love,
Pilsner

magdalena

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2009, 11:11:59 AM »
Dear Smokey,

Love,

Your person

Dear Smokey,

Can we go for a walk?  Then we can act like maniacs together because I'm the same! 

Love,
Pilsner

dear Smokey and Pilsner,

where are you????

Manic Lab Love,
Lotta

Lady Snowdon

• Super Hero!
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »
Dear Pilsner and Lotta,

I think you guys are pretty far away from me; I'm in Minnesota.  If you ever come to visit (it's neat here!  There's snow, and leaves, and bugs, and rabbits!) I bet my people would totally let us hang out together.  Until then!

Bouncily,
Smokey

little bird

• we defy augury
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2009, 01:56:05 PM »
Dear Smokey,

Love,

Your person

Dear Smokey,

Love,
Pilsner

dear Smokey and Pilsner,

where are you????

Manic Lab Love,
Lotta

Dear Smokey, Pilsner and Lotta,

I want to go with you guys!  Mama doesn't let me act like a maniac and daddy just gets frustrated with me.

Sad Lab Eyes,
Sebastian
there's a special providence in the fall of a sparrow

I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2009, 05:13:16 PM »
Dear Smokey, Pilsner, Lotta and Sebastian,

May I come with you?  Mommy and Daddy don't let me go crazy either.  Off to nom more of Mommy's shoes...

Valentine

Yankee-Belle

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »
Dear Smokey, Pilsner, Lotta, Sebastian and Valentine,

Do you think our parents are related?

Love,

Oliver

NsWife

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2009, 10:48:21 AM »
Dear fellow doggies,
The party is at our house....We have a big fenced yard of woods filled with squirrels to chase, yummy treats and a mom who does not care if we roughhouse outside! Come on over!
Love,
Raliegh, Sadie, Lou, Sampson, Bella, August and Lilly

magdalena

• Super Hero!
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54:35 AM »
Dear all,

I think we really all should go to Raliegh, Sadie, Lou, Sampson, Bella, August and Lilly
OR, you all take them with you and come to me. Momma has a fenced yard, or we could go to Grandmomma, she has a HUGE fenced yard and lives in the mountains: little rivers, nice little lakes and lots of forests! And grandmomma is really good at dropping things while she's cooking. And grandpapa will get up really early to let us out. He always does.

Luv,
Lotta

Coralreef

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2009, 11:06:25 AM »
Dear Maya,

Your little 50 pounds of doggy love on my stomach at 4 am is not overly appreciated.  And you have doggy breath.  Not cool, dog, not cool.

Dear Sedna,

I shower at regular intervals.  You do not need to wash me either before or after.  Specially at 4 am, when your sister is holding me hostage and I can't push either of you away.  You don't need to sneeze when snuffling my neck either.  Doggy snot is even less cool than doggy breath. 

[/right

Lady Snowdon

• Super Hero!
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »
Dear all,

I asked my mom, and she says I'm not allowed to go anywhere that's more than a day's drive away.  I guess she doesn't like how I behave in hotels.  So you guys will have to have fun without me.   :'(  :'(

On the plus side, I was good last night!  So I got a treat, and lots of attention, and I got to sleep on the bed for a couple hours!  Life is pretty good here!

Love,
Smokey

magdalena

• Super Hero!
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »
Dear Smokey,

I'm sorry, but I'm kinda in the same boat. Momma won't let me fly. She says I'd be unbearable after hours in a crate. I don't like crates really, so she's probably right.

I got in trouble with Papa this morning but I've been good since then. I hope Papa will be home soon and spend time with me before he goes out with Momma. I know they will do that, because Momma has curlers in her hair. She only does that before she leaves me alone. That's why I try to steal her curlers and chew them up. Then she'll have to stay home, right?

Bouncy love,
Lotta