Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 66516 times)

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #405 on: December 31, 2012, 01:13:32 AM »
Dear Banshee,

You are such a good girl. While the three boys couldn't control themselves even on leashes, you managed to get out of the car without one, go into the vet's office, go down the hall, and find your brother.  You even came back out of the room I told you not to go into once I called you back, meanwhile fighting two of the boys on leashes.

You're a princess.

Love,
Mama
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #406 on: January 02, 2013, 05:50:11 PM »
Dear Tillie,

Why do you lick the recliner? I wouldn't think it tastes good.

Your sissy

mmswm

« Reply #407 on: January 02, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »
Dear Lucy,

I think I now know what a mama duck feels like.  Really, you can stay asleep on the sofa.  You don't have to follow me everywhere.  Also, I promise you that the shower won't kill me.

Love,
Mama Duck

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #408 on: January 02, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »
Dear Hogan,

We are so happy to see you too. We missed you. Do good at training and you get to go on the next road trip.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #409 on: January 02, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »
Dear Smokey,

I'm glad you're so pleased with yourself about finding me and making come on your walk with you and your dad.  You were extremely clever to recognize my car as I drove past you two, and to convince your dad to walk back to the house to see me.  I, however, am now freezing as I was dressed for work, not for a good outdoor walk.  In the future, could you maybe just be happy to see me when you get back from your walk?

Love,
your person

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #410 on: January 04, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »
Dear Molly and Suzi

It was nearly 42 degrees C yesterday.  Way, way too hot to have two warm fuzzy little lap blankets.  So why oh why did you have to both choose last night to sit on my lap?

Love

your slow-roasted mum.

PS Suzi - while we're here...  was there any particular reason why you didn't like Visitor?  You acted like he was the big scary Dog Eater, but he thought you were adorable.  It's a pity that out of his 10 day stay you treated him like The Enemy for 7.  Mind you, he loved the cuddles he eventually got from you.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #411 on: January 05, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
Dear Debbie,

I know you love your little ones (aka thing one and thing two) but they need to start getting independent. They are learning to walk, and you should be proud. Instead you whine and wail because your babies are walking and you don't want them to leave you. Cut the apron strings already. It will be better for everyone. Trust me.

Your loving Auntie,

Nikko

mmswm

« Reply #412 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »
Dear Lucy,

You have a family and they love you.  I love you too, but your boy really misses you when you run away.  Please stop running away from home so you don't make your boy sad.

Love,
The people you seem to think are your second family.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #413 on: January 20, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »
Dear Lucy,

You have a family and they love you.  I love you too, but your boy really misses you when you run away.  Please stop running away from home so you don't make your boy sad.

Love,

Awwww. Poor doggie and poor you and poor kiddo, hugs to all. I think she loves you both.

mmswm

« Reply #414 on: January 22, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »
Dear Lucy,

Love,

Awwww. Poor doggie and poor you and poor kiddo, hugs to all. I think she loves you both.

So, we brought her back Monday morning.  This morning she came back.  I dropped her off again.  15 minutes after I got home, she's back.  Again.  She's currently snoozing on the couch.  I don't know what to do with her. I do love her, but she has a little boy that would be devastated to lose her.

3angels

« Reply #415 on: January 22, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »
My dear lovable BoBo,

I hate to be the one to break it you, but you are not human. You are a dog. Humans sit on the furniture, dogs lay on the floor. That little bit of space between me and Daddy on the couch is not for you to squeeze into and interrupt our snuggles. Speaking of which...that big bed in our room is ours. You have one in the living room. I do not appreciate waking up in the middle of the night to find you under the covers with your head on MY pillow blowing doggie breath in my face. It makes for a very rude awakening. Oh and one last thing, I like breathing. Really, I do. When you were an itty bitty puppy it was cute for you to sleep on my chest but now you weigh 45 pounds and it hurts. Please stop.

Love,
Moma

P.S. I realize you have an obsession with rocks but they belong in the yard - not in the floor for me to step on/trip over in the dark. Are we good now?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:28:48 PM by 3angels »

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #416 on: January 23, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »
Dearest Molly

Whilst I appreciate a dog with great taste in literature, please do not take it to the logical extreme.  Did you really have to try to eat my new book before I even read it?

Love always

your frustrated book buyer.

PS thanks for only eating the front cover and first few pages, you missed the important bits. x

Iris

« Reply #417 on: January 23, 2013, 06:04:19 PM »
Dear Sunny,

I'm very sorry that the vet had to poke you with needles. It's for your own good, I promise. But the vet is a very nice man who loves animals. He fixed your sore leg and he helps you to not get sick. You really don't have to flinch away and cower every time he touches you, even if just to lift you down from the table.

Love
Mum
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #418 on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:35 PM »
Dear Lucy,

Love,

So, we brought her back Monday morning.  This morning she came back.  I dropped her off again.  15 minutes after I got home, she's back.  Again.  She's currently snoozing on the couch.  I don't know what to do with her. I do love her, but she has a little boy that would be devastated to lose her.

Honestly, I think she wants to be with you and will be better taken care of with you. They haven't made the effort to fix where she,s getting out.

mmswm

« Reply #419 on: January 23, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »
Dear Lucy,

Love,

Honestly, I think she wants to be with you and will be better taken care of with you. They haven't made the effort to fix where she,s getting out.

I'm starting to agree with you.  After her nap yesterday, I brought her back.  Then I had to go help my dad with some stuff.  When we came back, she was back again.  So I took her back home.  She was back before bedtime.  I let her stay here overnight and brought her back this morning.  My mother said she was back within 20 minutes.  I'm to tired to drive her back.  The worst part is the guy that owns her works for the plant nursery that surrounds the house and can see her in our yard when he drives down the road that runs parallel to our driveway.  It's not like he'd have to go very far out of his way to pick her up.  Also, he has my phone number, plus my mom's, my dad's and the house number.  He knows where she runs to.  Why hasn't he called us?