Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 81479 times)

Dr. F.

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2013, 04:54:36 PM »
Dear Dogs,

I'm sorry - I'm sick. Giving me the stink-eye because my coughing woke you up from a nice nap is just mean. Think of all the extra cuddles you're getting since I've been home!

Mommy

mmswm

« Reply #436 on: January 27, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
Dear Baxter and Lucy,

An open car door is not always an invitation to go bye-bye.  Granddad is kind enough to help Mommy fix her car, and lots of little things needed to be done today.  Mommy is very happy to have a working A/C again, and will be extremely excited if she has a working window and outside door handle on the drivers' side back door.  Please let Granddad work.  This does not help him.

I promise to take you to the doggie park as soon as he's done.

Love,

Mommy
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #437 on: January 27, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
They're so cute! "We'regoingforarideWe'regoingforarideohboy!"  ;D

mmswm

« Reply #438 on: January 31, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »
Dear Lucy,

They're my socks.  Really.  Please don't growl at me when I try to put them away, or open the sock drawer and pull them out when I do manage to sneak them away from you.

Love,

The provider of socks.

PS: Yvaine, they LOVE to go bye-bye.  It's really hysterical to watch them do everything in their power to get into a car in the hopes of going for a ride.  It's even more hysterical to watch people's reactions to me walking them.  Nearly everybody does a double take.  I suppose it's amusing to see two dogs with that extreme of a size difference being obviously good friends.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #439 on: February 01, 2013, 07:05:10 AM »
Dear Dog -

I can understand why you bark at cars entering the cul de sac.  I can understand, kind of, why you bark at our cars when we come home.  I have no idea why you insist on barking at our cars when we *leave* the house.  It's not necessary you know - we know that someone has left already.  However, the grumpy look on your face when you stop barking and finally settle back down is priceless.  For that alone, I suppose we can put up with the woofing. 

Love,
Your People

PS - There was really no need to lay down on top of me when you jumped on the bed this morning.  You already had plenty of room.  You did succeed in waking me up though, which I suspect was your primary motivation. 

Nikko-chan

« Reply #440 on: February 01, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »
Dear Jasper,

No. These are crackers for humans. You know, the two legged people who feed you and give you lovins? These are not doggie crackers! Quit lookin at me like that!

Your loving mommy

mmswm

« Reply #441 on: February 20, 2013, 08:40:58 AM »
Dear Baxter,

The trash men are allowed out of their truck to pick up the trash.  Please remember this.

Dear Lucy,

If you were a human, I'd nominate you for an SS award.  I'm allowed to pay attention to the other dogs.  Also, you weigh 8lbs and are not a cat.  How on earth do you manage to take up 3/4 of the bed?

Dear Sammy,

Thank you for being normal.

Love,
Mom.

Iris

« Reply #442 on: February 20, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »
Dear Sunny,

I understand that, as a boy dog, your territory is important to you. We never bring other boy dogs into your house because we know that makes you unhappy. Trying to claim the street outside, even across to the other side of the road, is a bit greedy though. You don't need to bark and come get me when someone walks their dog past. Really. I don't need warning. No, I will not drive them from your territory for you. They're allowed there. Try to remember that.

Love
Mum
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Dr. F.

« Reply #443 on: March 10, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »
Dear Ariel,

You can stop play bowing and woofing at Mango, the parrot. She's about 1/80th your weight, and is really not interested in playing with you. Irritate her enough and she'll bite ears and noses, though, so be careful.

The human

mmswm

« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2013, 09:01:04 PM »
Dear Baxter,

I know you miss your boy.  He has been gone now for four days and won't be back for at least 4 more, but probably 5 or 6.  I realize this is a major trauma for you.  He misses you to.  I do understand the bond between a boy and his dog.  Please remember though that while it's okay to be sad, it's not okay to run a nursery worker up a tree.  Granddad was not happy when he had to go out there and call you off so the poor terrified man could get out of the tree and go back to work.  This does not do us any good with keeping our friendly relationship with the nursery management friendly.

Love,
Your boy's Mom.

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #445 on: April 02, 2013, 04:54:24 AM »
Dear Matey:

We knew you were sick, but never how much until you left. How did you manage to hide being diabetic for 6 months, all the while running and playing and chasing your dumbell until just after christmas, and only 2 weeks before you went?

Dear Sam:

You are a loveable, goofy, Rotty boy, and as soon as your Human works out how to post pics, she'll show the world that photo of you when you decided to be silly. But can you PLEASE stop eating your Humans thongs? They're only rubber, and it might do evil things to your tummy if you keep it up. And it's getting expensive to replace them.

Your (barefoot) Human
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Lexophile

« Reply #446 on: April 02, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »
My Dearest Curly Joe:

I know I spent three days away from the house. That was a month ago. Your presence in the kitchen/bathroom/my face *every time I take a step* is really no longer necessary. Point made. Now go lay down.

Mama
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #447 on: April 02, 2013, 01:11:14 PM »
Dear Schroder,

I know that, as a seven pound dog, you really DO fit most places in the house with ease, and because you are so smart as to be a service animal, you can even go most places when we go on trips to help, so you're almost never alone. But we don't need you on duty all the time, and so when we leave you at home because we're going to the mall or dinner and have the audacity to put you in your (giant, well supplied, comfy) crate, that doesn't mean that we're never coming back or that you're being punished? Why, then, do the neighbors think we have some small medieval torture device we put you on when we leave? I didn't think that much noise could come out of a dog that small!

Snooks

« Reply #448 on: April 02, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »
Dear Matey:

We knew you were sick, but never how much until you left. How did you manage to hide being diabetic for 6 months, all the while running and playing and chasing your dumbell until just after christmas, and only 2 weeks before you went?

Dear Sam:

You are a loveable, goofy, Rotty boy, and as soon as your Human works out how to post pics, she'll show the world that photo of you when you decided to be silly. But can you PLEASE stop eating your Humans thongs? They're only rubber, and it might do evil things to your tummy if you keep it up. And it's getting expensive to replace them.

Your (barefoot) Human

Was very glad to see you were from Australia after reading that.

mmswm

« Reply #449 on: April 04, 2013, 05:01:33 PM »
Dear Baxter,

The kids are allowed to swim in the pool.  I don't understand why you love the ocean so much yet think the swimming pool is liquid evil, but rest assured the adults have taught all the kids how to swim and are properly supervising them.  You do not have to follow them around, barking at them, and you really don't have to jump in the pool to drag them out when they dive.  I promise they'll be okay.

Love,
Mom