Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 80112 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #525 on: June 17, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
Dear Colossus,

You are way too smart for your own good.  The first time you got out, we decided a clip on the gate was in order.  The second time you got out, we wondered if maybe someone unclipped and then reclipped the gate, so we put a brick in front of it so you couldn't push open it.  The third time you got out, we put a brick behind the gate just to make sure.  It was after that we caught you attempting the act.

Nose braced against the latch, butt low for more leverage, straining to pull open the gate, you knocked over the brick without faltering.  Dad was mad, but I was too impressed by your reasoning skills to do much but laugh; that didn't help Dad's mood, either.

Stop being so smart, you goof, you're ruining your reputation as the stupid dog.

Love,
Da Mama
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Dr. F.

« Reply #526 on: June 17, 2013, 08:20:17 PM »
Dear Angel,

I know it's all scary. I know you were kept in a cage and had litter after litter for 12 years, and then were given to a shelter. The rescue got you at the last possible moment, and then you had to be sent across the country to stay with me as a foster.

Sweetie, I really mean you no harm - neither do any of my big dogs (even though they're 3x your size, they just want to be friends!) It breaks my heart to watch you clip your tail to your butt and shy away from me. I'm trying to be so gentle and patient, even though I really want to pick you up and give you cuddles.

*HUGS* my poor little Angelita. You've escaped, and now people just want to love on you. You've never been safer in your life. Really.

Sincerely,

Your foster mommy

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #527 on: June 17, 2013, 08:31:59 PM »
Dr F  Bless you for working with that sweet baby.  I have a foster cat now who will not come out of her carrier (have had her and her babies for 2 months now) and she is so scared.  She had been someones pet, but they dumped her a couple of years ago because they were sick of her going into heat  >:( >:(.  It has taken me all this time to get her trapped to get her fixed.  I am trying to turn her back into a house cat but I may have to turn her back into the colony I take care of because she is just not adjusting. 

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #528 on: June 18, 2013, 08:37:43 AM »
Schroder, my sweet little man, why are you so smart? It was wonderful when you all but trained yourself to meet all the service animal standards. It was adorable when you learned 'bedtime' and 'check the mail' and learned that when we said 'it's on TV' that you could stand down. However, now that you are learning to spell cheese and pill and bath I'm getting a bit concerned. Try not to order the XXX version of Animal Planet while we sleep, ok?

mmswm

« Reply #529 on: June 18, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »
Dear Bubbles,

I know it's a huge 18-wheeler, but please don't try to chew on the tires and eat the driver.  I really kinda like this guy and that truck will likely be showing up on a regular basis, so learn to live with it please.

Love,
Mommy
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #530 on: July 20, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
Dear puppy niece and nephew,
I know you love me, and the feeling is mutual, but when its 9000 degrees out, the last thing i want is either one of you touching me! I will pet you all you want, and even let you come up on the bed as we hide in the only room with a/c - BUT, you must stay on our side. I'm hot enough as it is without you acting like mini-furnaces.

Aunt Siamesecat

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #531 on: July 22, 2013, 08:57:58 AM »
Sweet Schroder,

You are the cuddliest puppy in the place, and such a responsible and wonderful service dog that you can even go to the grocery store and ride on your pillow in the front like a big boy without batting an eyelash. However, the groceries that you were *just fine with* going into the cart, aren't now evil demons because they are in plastic bags. There is no need to howl at them as we leave the store. The poor clerk was so baffled!

I know, I know, plastic bags are coming to take you away. Really?

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #532 on: July 22, 2013, 09:49:25 AM »
Dear Schroder,
Plastic bags are evil and must be barked at, growled at and even, cowered from!  My person learned very quickly not to shake one out to open it when I am the room.  I would like to say I am being environmentally responsible in my hatred of them (have no problem with the canvas totes), but the truth is they scare the bejeebers out of me.

Love
Brook

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #533 on: July 23, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
Dear Schroder

Don't be afraid of the plastic bags - sometimes they have noms in them!  Every time Mum brings home plastic bags, I sniff them all out (to make them safe, of course) and sometimes they have noms or even Toys!

Luv
Molly

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #534 on: July 24, 2013, 02:03:48 AM »
Dear Schroder,

Plastic bags are fun! When my person grabs one, that means we're going for a walk. Sometimes I like to go bark at the plastic bags in my house so my person knows I want to go sniff things and pee on them.

Love,
Falcor

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #535 on: July 24, 2013, 04:27:11 AM »

Dear Schroder,

Even those reeeeeeally big dogs (the ones that Hoomans ride on) get scared by bags. We saw one of them dancing along the bridle path one morning. And let me tell you, when those big dogs dance, they dance!

Don't worry about the bags. Our daddy taught us they were ok by playing with us and them when we were little fuzzy-butts, and he stills blows them up and we chase them around the house and yard. Besides, sometimes they have yummy stuff and goody smells.

The Demon Twins.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #536 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:52 PM »
Dear Schroder,

Plastic bags are not evil. Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy bring them home  and use them many different ways. They don't bite; we promise!

Love from Teki and Eddie

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #537 on: July 24, 2013, 03:52:28 PM »
Dear other doggies,

I am so sad... you just don't UNDERSTAND the scary bags! One got caught on the bottom of the door, and when mommy opened it the bag flew up in the air and landed.on.my.head. It was trying to kill me! I won't EVER go near them. You shouldn't either. I'll have to get my hoomans to send you my pamphlet 'How The Plastic Bags Are Trying To Kill You'. It's important!

--Love, Schroder

BarensMom

« Reply #538 on: July 24, 2013, 05:30:29 PM »
Dear Schroder:

The plastic baggies are supposed to carry treatses into the house.  That's why Mommy comes back once a week with a lot of them - I can stick my head into each one to see where my treatses are.  They're not scary at all, I promise.

On the other hand, I just don't get why Mommy takes me for a walk so I can poo away from the house.   She then picks it up in the plastic bag and brings it home to the big can and lets it mix with the good garbage.  Humans can be so strange.

Regards,

Baren

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #539 on: July 24, 2013, 07:00:57 PM »
Dear Schroder,

No worries! I'll come over and eat all those nasty bags for you, 'kay? Momma doesn't let me eat the bags at my house, so it will be a win for both of us!

Mikey the kitty
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.