Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 80356 times)

mmswm

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #600 on: October 17, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »
Dear Lucy,

You are a dog, not a cat.  The purring, stealing and hiding of shiny stuff, tree climbing and scratching, among other cat-like behaviors is very odd coming from a dog.

Love,
The amused one.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #601 on: October 17, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »
Dear Falcor,

I know you think that sleeping on my bed is your right. And it's very sweet that you want to sleep on my feet, plus it keeps my toes very cozy during these cold nights. But honestly, you should know by now that I always roll over during the night. There's no need to dramatically jump and bark every time I do that.

Love,
Me

OK, I must ask... what breed is Falcor?

Luck Dragon.

Excellent guess.  ;)

For those who don't embrace his more magical side, the SPCA said he's half spaniel/half shepherd. Based on how he looks, I'd say the spaniel half is clumber spaniel and the shepherd half is Australian shepherd. His face looks just like the original Falcor's and he's got a slightly long torso for his legs.

A friend and I always called Great Pyrenees "luck dragons" and I've always said if I have another GP, it will be named Falcor.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #602 on: October 17, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
Dear Dart,

Glad you are feeling better. I am very proud of you for learning to use the bell. Would you be a dear and start going outside with the others? Getting up at 3:00 am is no fun, especially when insomnia has been on the menu lately.

Love,
Your very sleepy foster mom.

Hogan,

For heaven's sake, Saber is fifteen, deaf and blind. Please stop sitting on her head!

Love,
Mom

andi

« Reply #603 on: October 17, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
Miss Bailey - 

You are a 60 pound Lab. Cap'n Jck is a 10 pound Yorki who has no clue he's a dog. Please calm down when you come inside to play with him or you won't be allowed in anymore.

Jack Jack -  chill already. You really are a dog, not a people/cat. Bailey just wants to play and she's very sweet. Deal with it and share

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #604 on: October 18, 2013, 12:31:50 AM »
I have a chocolate Lab called Bailie too!

Except mine is a 75 pound tubby-butt.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #605 on: October 18, 2013, 01:59:05 AM »
Dear Falcor,

I know you think that sleeping on my bed is your right. And it's very sweet that you want to sleep on my feet, plus it keeps my toes very cozy during these cold nights. But honestly, you should know by now that I always roll over during the night. There's no need to dramatically jump and bark every time I do that.

Love,
Me

Dragon.

Excellent guess.  ;)

For those who don't embrace his more magical side, the SPCA said he's half spaniel/half shepherd. Based on how he looks, I'd say the spaniel half is clumber spaniel and the shepherd half is Australian shepherd. His face looks just like the original Falcor's and he's got a slightly long torso for his legs.

Ahem. I vote for you dressing him up as a dragon for halloween.

It's his annual costume and he loves it. OK, maybe he doesn't love it, but he tolerates it well and seems to enjoy the cheese I keep feeding him. He does love his Christmas elf costume: he prances with the jingle bells.

andi

« Reply #606 on: October 18, 2013, 07:52:05 AM »
I have a chocolate Lab called Bailie too!

Except mine is a 75 pound tubby-butt.

Ours is a fox red - and on her way to tubby if daddy doesn't start walking her more

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2013, 12:12:03 PM »
Dear Smokey,

Please make note that we do not change the carpeting color by dragging variously colored foods around on the carpet.  If we want a new color in the carpet, we have to buy new carpet.  Please stop dragging cocoa powder onto our beige carpet in an attempt to make it brown. 

Love,

The extremely unamused people

MizB

« Reply #608 on: October 25, 2013, 02:30:00 AM »
Dear Falcor,

Love,
Me

Dragon.

Excellent guess.  ;)

Ahem. I vote for you dressing him up as a dragon for halloween.

It's his annual costume and he loves it. OK, maybe he doesn't love it, but he tolerates it well and seems to enjoy the cheese I keep feeding him. He does love his Christmas elf costume: he prances with the jingle bells.

I'm thinking pic or it didn't happen  ;)
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #609 on: November 20, 2013, 03:00:09 PM »
Dear Honey Girl;

That dark object underneath the AC window unit is the insulation.  It fills the gap between the AC unit and the window frame and keeps the cold air inside.  I don't know how it came loose.  I hope you didn't pull on it!  When I found you growling and staring at the AC unit I wondered whether you were turning Cujo on us.  Thank you for alerting me to the fact that it came loose and needed to be fixed.  I pushed the insulation back into place.

Now stop staring intently under the AC unit.  The insulation is no longer visible because it's where it belongs, between the AC unit and the frame.  Don't pull it out!  Leave it alone!  Nothing to see here folks; Move on already.

The Smaller Furless One
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #610 on: November 20, 2013, 09:55:58 PM »
Dear Smokey,

Next week there's going to be a change in how we do things.  Normally, if the people go away for awhile, they take you to your favorite place, aka doggie day care, and leave you there.  This time, we're going to have you stay with a person.  You'll like her, and she's extremely happy you're coming to stay with her.  Please be a good dog while you're there.  Do not eat things off her counter, fart in her face, woof at nothing or any of the other behaviors you...delight...us with on a daily basis.  You will have a good time, I promise!  You can even bring your birds with you, so she can have the joy of listening to Angry Birds noises at 6 am. 

Also, my dog, your people will come back for you.  We will always come back for you.  Don't mope and be sad.  Be a good happy dog while we're gone.

Love,

the People

Lillie82

« Reply #611 on: November 20, 2013, 11:08:53 PM »
(this is on a walk)

No, we're not going that way. Yes, we know a certain Lab you love to play with lives that way. I wish we could make you understand why we don't take you to see him anymore. He has arthritis and his mom is afraid he'll hurt himself trying to play with you.

Why are you so interested in that Newfoundland girl that just walked by? Does she remind you of your friend from puppy school (who was also a big black Newfie girl?)

And even if we meet another dog who's a friend of yours, we can't let you off-lead to play. We haven't forgotten the time we did that and you and your Labradoodle friend took off together down the street...and it was already after dark.

andi

« Reply #612 on: November 21, 2013, 09:44:11 PM »
Bailey - please leave your blankies in your house. It's going to be wet and cold out tonight and you'll need it to be dry. I only have one left then it's back to old towels. The new blankies are much nicer - you know that

greencat

« Reply #613 on: November 22, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »
Dear Rocky,

I just watched a few cats walk across you.  I'm revoking your status as "dog."  You are henceforth known as species "doormat."

Love,

The human.

Sebastienne

« Reply #614 on: November 23, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »
Dear Paco,

You are a very strange dog, in that you love going to the vet. And you're so well-behaved at the vet, it amazes everyone, especially the vet. You gave him a kiss after he gave you a shot!  You are seriously bizarre.

So after everyone complimenting you on your amazing behavior, why, why, WHY did you think it was a good idea to pee all over the side of the reception desk on the way out? You met probably the only group of people who think you're a really good dog, and then you had to go and ruin it all.

xoxo,

Me