Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 83489 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #675 on: December 31, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »
Dear Dog,

I'm not staying up late tonight, but I am sick, and I'd like to sleep in tomorrow morning.  Can you please just stay sleeping in the morning, and let me?  If you go out at 11 or midnight, you really DON'T need to get up at 6 am.  You can hold it much longer than that.

Love,

the slightly hopeful one

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #676 on: December 31, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »
Yeah - a $400 vet bill for a pumped stomached (my Yorkie ate the whole bag of Hershey's kisses) is not fun

Two shelties + two pounds of bakers chocolate= one terrified owner. One barely survived it- the other one yawned and wanted to know where her dinner was. We didn't call her the goat for nothing!
Could it be that the goat got a lot less than the other dog?

I had to call the vet when Tasha ate half a chocolate layer cake and barfed most of it back up.  (She was pregnant -- morning sickness?  ;D ) My vet said that a lot of commercial chocolate products don't have enough of whatever component it is (theobromine?) that makes it toxic to dogs, especially milk chocolate.  I would guess that the darker it is, the more dangerous it is.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #677 on: January 01, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
Dear Colossus,

You are such a good boy.  You let the 6 year old hang all over you.  At one point, she draped her entire body over your shoulders, feet off the ground, and your only response was to try to lick her face.  When that didn't work, you just stood there and looked at me, bewildered that you couldn't reach that sweet little face to slobber it with kisses.  So patient; you two will be fast friends.

Love,

Mama

Can we have some colossus pics please?

The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

greencat

« Reply #678 on: January 01, 2014, 04:00:22 PM »
Dear Colossus,

You are such a good boy.  You let the 6 year old hang all over you.  At one point, she draped her entire body over your shoulders, feet off the ground, and your only response was to try to lick her face.  When that didn't work, you just stood there and looked at me, bewildered that you couldn't reach that sweet little face to slobber it with kisses.  So patient; you two will be fast friends.

Love,

Mama

Can we have some colossus pics please?

Nice horse you have there  ;)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #679 on: January 01, 2014, 04:11:27 PM »
She kept trying to ride him like he was but I told her she couldn't because she might hurt his back...so she settled for hugging him like that or draping herself across his shoulders while he walked around.  Banshee, the female Akita, didn't like it, but she sure loves playing chase.

I like to think of them as bears.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #680 on: January 01, 2014, 04:34:27 PM »
Dear Suzi

It's kind of cute when you wrap yourself around my pillow to sleep, however please don't put your stinky paws in my face.

Dear Molly

Lying next to my legs in bed is nice.  Lying on the covers so that I can't pull them over when I need them isn't.  I had to get the spare blanket out of the wardrobe last night.  How in the heck can a little dog like you weigh so much??

Love

your bed buddy and chief cuddler.

mmswm

« Reply #681 on: January 01, 2014, 04:59:07 PM »
Dear Sammy,

I know that you have a sixth sense about when the humans in the house are sick or in pain.  This is a very good trait.  What's not a good trait is to stand vigil at the youngest human's feet all night and growl at the mommy human when she comes in to check on him. 

Love,
The mommy human.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #682 on: January 02, 2014, 10:52:40 AM »
Yeah - a $400 vet bill for a pumped stomached (my Yorkie ate the whole bag of Hershey's kisses) is not fun

Two shelties + two pounds of bakers chocolate= one terrified owner. One barely survived it- the other one yawned and wanted to know where her dinner was. We didn't call her the goat for nothing!
Could it be that the goat got a lot less than the other dog?

From what my friend told me, AngelGoat probably ate a pound and a half and her younger sister Reisling had about half a pound. Reisling was touch and go for a while. Angel wanted to know why dinner was late. Goofy goat-dog.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #683 on: January 02, 2014, 03:49:39 PM »
Dear Jake,

Yes you are a good boy for defending the house from the evil Army of Squirrels.  Yes it is good exercise for you to chase them back and forth across the back fence.  However, if by some miracle you manage to catch and kill one, the squirrel does NOT become a teddy bear for you to snuggle in your dog house for four days before the humans find it.  Dead squirrels are to be thrown away, not horded like beanie babies.

And now you're getting a bath!

Love,
Bean

(This one is an old story on our dog but I had to add it!)

Jones

« Reply #684 on: January 11, 2014, 01:05:03 PM »
Now, Gidget, I can understand chewing up a shoe. I hate that you do it, but can understand it.

But a Bible? Put away on its shelf? Seriously? You have a burning need to go to a burning place?

(Gives new meaning to "hunger and thirst after righteousness" I suppose...)

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #685 on: January 11, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »
Now, Gidget, I can understand chewing up a shoe. I hate that you do it, but can understand it.

But a Bible? Put away on its shelf? Seriously? You have a burning need to go to a burning place?

Books are particularly satisfying for little teeth to gnaw on. Or so says my cat Mikey, who chewed books when he was teething, and still nibbles them sometimes. :)
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

greencat

« Reply #686 on: January 11, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »

Books are particularly satisfying for little teeth to gnaw on. Or so says my cat Mikey, who chewed books when he was teething, and still nibbles them sometimes. :)

Part of my reasoning for splitting the dogs the way we did when my ex and I split up was that HE got to take the book-eater.  The dog he got in the breakup ate three or four shelves of paperbacks  >:(

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #687 on: January 11, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »
We had one dog who ate dad's rare out of print Japanese photography books. Dad wanted to turn her into puppyback ribs and a wall hanging.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #688 on: January 11, 2014, 05:14:13 PM »
Dear Gidget

thanks for reminding me, I must put the chewable stuff away...

julian

Dear Molly and Suzi

We have a new family member arriving this afternoon.  Please be patient with her, she's only a baby.  Don't be jealous if possible, because she's Housemate's new doggy, not mine.  She is not a squeaky toy, ok?

And Molly, thank you for being such a brave little girl after your sore bottom got operated on earlier this week.  It's not nice, honey-bunny, is it?

love
She with the hammy goodness hiding the tablets.

Dear Ella

I can't wait to meet you!

Love
Auntie j

Dr. F.

« Reply #689 on: January 17, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »
Dear Ariel,

Yes, you have  cute tummy. However, crawling toward me on your elbows and then flopping over and wiggling your tummy at me do not change the fact that YOU NEED A BATH. You want to stop having nearly-daily baths? Stop PLAYING IN THE MUD.

Pelon,

Likewise, I am even less impressed by you barking and growling at me. I know full well that you're all bark and no bite, you goof. You should realize by now that making a fuss doesn't impede me from doing what I want at all.

Lucas,

It is a bath. You are not being water-boarded. Seriously, cut the histrionics.

Your damp and still slightly muddy,

Mom