Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 82221 times)

doodlemor

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #705 on: February 21, 2014, 07:23:14 PM »
Dear Sweet Roy,

It's been nearly 5 long years since you left us, which was the hardest day of my life.  We have other dogs now, and we love them dearly, but I will never stop missing you.  Your loyalty and protectiveness will never be forgotten.  It was a blessing to see your transformation from a suspicious of humans cruelty case, to a contented pet.  I learned so much from you.  RIP, my dear.

Love, Mor

Phoebelion

« Reply #706 on: February 22, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »
Dear Skipper,

I know you had to pretty much take care of yourself the first six years of your life.  But really - bird seed and suet?  Not good for dog tummies. 

Dear Sammi,

In the 10 years before Skipper came to live with us, you never even noticed the bird seed and suet.  Don't be a copy cat.

Love, the Filler of Bowls

Iris

« Reply #707 on: February 22, 2014, 03:55:49 PM »
Dear Sunny,

I know you miss your human sister, but please stop looking so sad all the time. She's still here sometimes and I'm giving you all the love I can to make up for it, I promise!

Love
She who must be obeyed
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #708 on: February 24, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »

Dear Kilik,
Why do you hate the brush? Your hair is falling out in tufts and you look like a mongrel extra from a Disney movie.

P.S. You still smell great.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #709 on: February 24, 2014, 10:01:06 PM »

Dear Sam

We have to talk about this addiction of yours to gumnuts.

You're 2 years old now, and as a strapping young hound, you should have stopped this. You can't actually eat gumnuts, although you do seem to give it a dingdangity good effort. But the oil will give you tummy aches, not to mention we can smell it on your breath.

Humans are also not impressed with walking across what should be a flat floor only to find our feet sliding out from under us as we step on them and then crash to the ground. Rest assured however, that should zombies ever invade, we will need your skills to scatter them across the ground and grind it to a halt.

Until then, please stop collecting gumnuts every time you go outside, or we'll start checking your mouth before bringing you back in.

The providers of chewies.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #710 on: March 11, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »

Dear Ella

The waterbowl is not your swimming pool.

The toilet flushing is not for your entertainment.

My legs and toes do not need licking when I'm fresh out of the shower (and it tickles!)

Polystyrene blocks are not good puppy chews.  Nor are plastic bags.  Nor are my paper labels for my crochet goods. 

Please stop chewing on my dogs.  And don't chase the cats any more.  They've already walloped you a few times, take a hint already!

I still haven't worked out how you manage to get such large sticks through the doggy-door. 

By the way, now you can jump up on the lounge and my bed, please be advised that these areas are Piddle Free Zones. You know where to 'go'.

Love
Auntie and supplier of morning treaties.

==================================================

Dear Molly and Suzi

You gals have the patience of a saint!

Love
Mum xx

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #711 on: March 13, 2014, 12:28:57 PM »
Dear Falcor,

You literally eat garbage on a regular basis. You open doors and break child-proof locks to get to my trash cans. And on a regular basis, it makes you sick to your stomach. And yet, once you're recovering and I offer you some nice plain rice to introduce you back to foods, you turn your nose up at it. Seriously? You think rotting vegetables and used tissues are delicious, but you won't touch perfectly good rice.

I give up,
Mom

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #712 on: March 13, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »
Dear Falcor,

You literally eat garbage on a regular basis. You open doors and break child-proof locks to get to my trash cans. And on a regular basis, it makes you sick to your stomach. And yet, once you're recovering and I offer you some nice plain rice to introduce you back to foods, you turn your nose up at it. Seriously? You think rotting vegetables and used tissues are delicious, but you won't touch perfectly good rice.

I give up,
Mom

Dear Mom,

Plain rice is boring. Top it with some snot and we'll talk.

Falcor
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

Firecat

« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2014, 01:52:04 PM »
Dear Falcor,

I give up,
Mom

Maybe if you try cooking the rice in chicken broth? Should still be easy on his tummy, but might taste better to him.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #714 on: March 13, 2014, 10:00:21 PM »
Dear Falcor,

I give up,
Mom

Maybe if you try cooking the rice in chicken broth? Should still be easy on his tummy, but might taste better to him.

Also rejected. Today I mixed the leftovers half and half with kibble and he ate the kibble, leaving the rice behind.

greencat

« Reply #715 on: March 14, 2014, 01:29:58 AM »
My dog is fairly fond of oatmeal...he didn't like the rice either!

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #716 on: March 14, 2014, 02:50:03 AM »

The Demons send their waggy greetings and suggest you try mixing a cup of hot water with a tablespoon of vegemite and then pouring it over the rice. We've used it as a taste encourager for decades. Dogs seem to love it, and we even mix tablets with it in bread.

Finding a flavour that hounds go for is difficult, but this might help.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Dr. F.

« Reply #717 on: March 31, 2014, 02:39:55 PM »
Dear Dogs,

Mommy is spending the day on the sofa because she's not feeling well. She is not there to give you pets and cuddles all day. Also, you each weigh 40 lbs - that's 120 lbs of dog. You all cannot fit on my lap at the same time, and you lot climbing all over me is not making me feel better. If you want me to feel well enough to take you to the Dog Park, settle down and let me rest.

Mom

P.S., Pelon - you're never getting Brussels Sprouts again. The resulting noxious fumes cleared the room of everyone, including the other dogs. Even the parrot reacted.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #718 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:31 PM »
Dear Molly

If you insist on sitting under the deck where I can't get at you, and barking your fool head off at whatever is under there (a cat???) for hours on end, then you will get hosed again.  I can't reach you but the hose can...   >:D

Dear Suzi

So will you.

Dear Ella

Don't encourage them.

Luv
The cranky human

PS Molly* - failure to come in when you get called because it's getting dark doesn't help your cause.  You know you were naughty, that's why you hid for the rest of the night once I did finally get you in.  The other two dopey dogs knew they were in trouble but came in anyway.  Having to chase you and finally catch you is too much.  Lucky I am a forgiving sort, hey?

PPS y'all look adorable soaking wet and curly! ;D

*Molly is the most incredibly stubborn dog.  She also has a very tender conscience.  She knows when she's been naughty (oh the guilty looks!  the hiding under the bed!  the head down, sneaking up to me for forgiveness!)  It would make sense if she'd ever had more than a stern word...   ::)  Unfortunately the stubborn over-rules the conscience sometimes.

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #719 on: April 01, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
Dear Yancy,

Your foster mom tells me you are such a good boy. I hope you'll be very happy there and that you get well soon.