News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 26, 2016, 01:41:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 2807932 times)

jpcher

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #23520 on: July 21, 2016, 04:47:55 PM »
I have lots of little things today.

*People who are unwilling to work with you.
*Wearing a obtrusive medical monitoring device for a few weeks. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep with it on.
*My neighbors were drinking, fighting, and slamming doors, which shook the whole building. They woke me up at 1 AM from REM sleep.
*We have someone new at my work building who likes to park in the disabled parking space someone is already in. As in, wedges their car in next to the car in it. When there is additional parking, disabled and non, available.
*The sluggish job market in my industry.

Yes, I can sleep with it on, but the adhesive is making my skin sore and irritated, and I can't wait to be done with it. One more week.

The person that parks in that large space now puts his SUV smack dab in the middle, so the two cars who were double parking can't fit.

Have you tried a non-adhesive medical tape?

http://www.bettymills.com/shop/product/view/Curad/MEDCUR08802Z.html?utm_source=cpc-strat&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=parts&utm_keyword=MEDCUR08802Z&utm_content=Medical&gclid=CjwKEAjw5cG8BRDQj_CNh9nwxTUSJAAHdX3f7uA9Qh5kjKEHYZQa5LNhrJdmgE-BVZz-7Uhulw5FrxoC71zw_wcB

Funny story that made me go   ??? ::): I had a short hospital stay a while. The tape used to hold the IV in place and the bandaids they put on after taking a blood samples itched like crazy and really irritated my skin. When I was checking out, after the nurse commented on my red/sore skin. She told me that I should always ask for the non-adhesive tape (she used a word for it I can't remember.)

Then she gave me my final shot . . . and promptly covered it with (big sigh) an adhesive bandaid. ::)

Wait. What. Didn't you hear what you just told me?

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #23521 on: July 21, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »

*Wearing a obtrusive medical monitoring device for a few weeks. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep with it on.
*My neighbors were drinking, fighting, and slamming doors, which shook the whole building. They woke me up at 1 AM from REM sleep.
*We have someone new at my work building who likes to park in the disabled parking space someone is already in. As in, wedges their car in next to the car in it. When there is additional parking, disabled and non, available.

Yes, I can sleep with it on, but the adhesive is making my skin sore and irritated, and I can't wait to be done with it. One more week.

The person that parks in that large space now puts his SUV smack dab in the middle, so the two cars who were double parking can't fit.

http://www.bettymills.com/shop/product/view/Curad/MEDCUR08802Z.html?utm_source=cpc-strat&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=parts&utm_keyword=MEDCUR08802Z&utm_content=Medical&gclid=CjwKEAjw5cG8BRDQj_CNh9nwxTUSJAAHdX3f7uA9Qh5kjKEHYZQa5LNhrJdmgE-BVZz-7Uhulw5FrxoC71zw_wcB

Funny story that made me go   ??? ::): I had a short hospital stay a while. The tape used to hold the IV in place and the bandaids they put on after taking a blood samples itched like crazy and really irritated my skin. When I was checking out, after the nurse commented on my red/sore skin. She told me that I should always ask for the non-adhesive tape (she used a word for it I can't remember.)

Then she gave me my final shot . . . and promptly covered it with (big sigh) an adhesive bandaid. ::)

a band aid and tape are two different things though.  The non adhesive tape is called co-elastic tape and it sticks to itself, not to skin.
Maryland

diesel_darlin

« Reply #23522 on: July 21, 2016, 05:31:03 PM »

I'm glad you didn't answer to the random call, lol. Then you open up to that "oh I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Jim." >_<

Yes! So much yes! I hate the sound of my name as well. Its a name that many people pronounce with a sarcastic tone of voice, and I just can. not. stand. it.

edited to fix quote

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:39:58 PM by diesel_darlin »

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #23523 on: July 21, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »

Part of the device is sticky, so I have no choice.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #23524 on: July 21, 2016, 07:37:10 PM »
For me, it doesn't matter what the adhesive is, I react to it.  I can use the stuff that sticks to itself and not the skin, as long as it is latex-free.  I react worse to tape marketed as hypo-allergenic than I do to regular old Elastoplast bandages.  You know - those old cloth ones that stuck for weeks and took another week to wear all the glue off once you removed the bandage.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #23525 on: July 21, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
The other day I was catching the bus with DS in the pram and the bus pulled up had steps and wasn't wheelchair accessible. We had to wait for the next one.

Later in the city the only lift in a building I wanted to go to the upper floors to was broken. There were escalators but you're not supposed to put prams on there and I'm worried about my strength. Good thing there was another mum there who knew where the service lift was!

Having DS in the pram has given me a lot of respect for the mobility impaired, particularly those in wheelchairs.

lilfox

« Reply #23526 on: July 22, 2016, 01:31:01 PM »
Two weeks ago we got the movie Zootopia (Disney kids' movie).  My daughter (6) had seen some trailers for it and found one part scary.  So that's alllllll she talked about, and she got my son (2) worked up about it so neither of them wanted to watch it.

Last week, we were visiting with the extended family including my tween-age nephews (both have seen it).  I suggest watching it, and DD immediately brings up the scary bit, then the nephews go on about how that's not the really scary bit, there's this other scary bit that's way worse!

So, we still haven't watched it.  Apparently I'm the only one who actually wants to and I can't because the TV is in the main room where everyone gathers.  Grr.

flyersandunicorns

• Orange Crush
  • Up Above The Ropes
    • Love Moonsaults - Livejournal
« Reply #23527 on: July 22, 2016, 02:50:05 PM »

I'm glad you didn't answer to the random call, lol. Then you open up to that "oh I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Jim." >_<

Yes! So much yes! I hate the sound of my name as well. Its a name that many people pronounce with a sarcastic tone of voice, and I just can. not. stand. it.

edited to fix quote

The pronunciation is huge for me too. You'd think that Rebecca was easy enough, right? Nobody can slaughter that...

I had one former coworker that called me REE-Becca, not Reh-becca and it drove me up the wall and that's one major reason why I go by Becca to save myself the suffering of all that.

Twik

« Reply #23528 on: July 22, 2016, 03:23:31 PM »
Two words - canker sores.

They're too trivial to justify a doctor's visit, but painwise, they are mighty!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

pattycake

« Reply #23529 on: Yesterday at 07:24:28 PM »
That we have a thunderstorm nearly every afternoon since before the beginning of July! Not every single day, but very often. I don't spend a lot of time outdoors, so it doesn't bother me that way, but darn it, I want to sew! My machine is electronic, so like with all such things, one should unplug and not use them while lightning is flashing around. It breaks my momentum and I have a hard time getting back into my quilting. (I just want to put the borders on!)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #23530 on: Yesterday at 07:40:08 PM »
That we have a thunderstorm nearly every afternoon since before the beginning of July! Not every single day, but very often. I don't spend a lot of time outdoors, so it doesn't bother me that way, but darn it, I want to sew! My machine is electronic, so like with all such things, one should unplug and not use them while lightning is flashing around. It breaks my momentum and I have a hard time getting back into my quilting. (I just want to put the borders on!)

Can you get a surge suppressor? I use electronics during storms nearly every day.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #23531 on: Yesterday at 08:52:34 PM »

Can you get a surge suppressor? I use electronics during storms nearly every day.

Or an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that also contains a surge suppressor.  We have them for our computers and the TV+DVR.  Our power tends to fluctuate a lot (with or without storms) and they protect the electronics as well as keeping them from rebooting if the power's only out for a short while.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #23532 on: Yesterday at 09:18:42 PM »

Or an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that also contains a surge suppressor.  We have them for our computers and the TV+DVR.  Our power tends to fluctuate a lot (with or without storms) and they protect the electronics as well as keeping them from rebooting if the power's only out for a short while.

POD to these two things.  There's no reason to turn your electronics off during a storm unless you don't have a GFI or a surge protector on the outlet. 
Maryland