News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 28, 2016, 01:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 226314 times)

bridalviolet

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #1170 on: May 20, 2016, 08:09:55 AM »
Luckily, all I got was a small blister on my thumb.

Look at that Tsaiko!  That's the way you do it!
But it wasn't from playing git-tar on the MTV...

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1171 on: May 20, 2016, 08:31:52 AM »

Money for nuthin'
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Shalamar

« Reply #1172 on: May 20, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »
Re buying x number of items for $n - my local Safeway often posts signs that say Buy 4 bags of chips for $10!, followed by $2.50 each.  I always have to stop myself from buying 4, since it'll make no difference (apart from my waistline).

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1173 on: May 20, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »
And it sticks for free...
"I think her scattergun was only loaded with commas and full-stops, although some of them cuddled together for warmth and produced little baby colons and semi-colons." ~ Margo

Lady Tempest

« Reply #1174 on: May 20, 2016, 11:45:58 AM »
I can tell one on myself.  I'm working as a cashier this summer before teaching next fall :).  A man came through my line with four candy bars.  They wouldn't ring up, so I checked the price, which was 5 for $5.00.  I told him that if he got one more, it was $5.  He did.  Later, I thought, "Hey, if they were 5 for $5.00, then each one was $1.00.  He didn't have to get the fifth one"  ::) ::)

Not necessarily! I know at my old workplace there'd often be deals like this - where if you bought 1-2-3 or-4 of an item it was $1.40 each but if you got 5 you got 5 for $5.

I never understood people buying 4 of something for more than the cost of 5 in that situation...

I once saw a store tag for - margarine, I think it was, where if you bought one, it was 2.97. If you bought two, your total was 2.95. So if you bought the second tub, you got it for -0.02 cents. That one still amuses me.

I went to buy peanut butter yesterday.   Because of a sale, the 500g jar was $4.98 and the 350g jar was $4.99.   :o

Mustard

« Reply #1175 on: May 20, 2016, 12:13:34 PM »
I bought dried fruit at the supermarket a couple of weeks ago; one packet was £2, or the special offer was  2 for £2. 

Kimberami

« Reply #1176 on: May 20, 2016, 01:12:15 PM »
I can tell one on myself.  I'm working as a cashier this summer before teaching next fall :).  A man came through my line with four candy bars.  They wouldn't ring up, so I checked the price, which was 5 for $5.00.  I told him that if he got one more, it was $5.  He did.  Later, I thought, "Hey, if they were 5 for $5.00, then each one was $1.00.  He didn't have to get the fifth one"  ::) ::)

Not necessarily! I know at my old workplace there'd often be deals like this - where if you bought 1-2-3 or-4 of an item it was $1.40 each but if you got 5 you got 5 for $5.

I never understood people buying 4 of something for more than the cost of 5 in that situation...

I once saw a store tag for - margarine, I think it was, where if you bought one, it was 2.97. If you bought two, your total was 2.95. So if you bought the second tub, you got it for -0.02 cents. That one still amuses me.

I went to buy peanut butter yesterday.   Because of a sale, the 500g jar was $4.98 and the 350g jar was $4.99.   :o
Weird economics.  It makes me think about soda pop.  You can usually get a 2L of soda here for around 1.25.  A 20FLoz bottle will run nearly 1.89.  1/4th the amount for more than $.50 more. 
Oh Rocky!

Twik

« Reply #1177 on: May 20, 2016, 03:50:36 PM »

Money for nuthin'

And the young'uns have no idea what we're talking about.

Yes, there was a time when people actually played guitar on MTV.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Twik

« Reply #1178 on: May 20, 2016, 03:53:33 PM »
I actually dislike when the sale on 2-litre soda is something like "$1.75 each, 5 for $5" and I have to feel like I'm a spendthrift for buying one, or have to drag 10 litres to and from my car. That stuff's heavy!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

blueyzca01

« Reply #1179 on: May 20, 2016, 05:04:54 PM »

You mean the youts?

Money for nuthin'

And the young'uns have no idea what we're talking about.

Yes, there was a time when people actually played guitar on MTV.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Dr. F.

« Reply #1180 on: May 23, 2016, 07:30:25 PM »
I just finished knitting a new dog sweater (I have hairless dogs. They get chilly.). I seamed up the sides, and was just admiring my work and very pleased with myself. I thought I'd just try it on the dog.

At which point I discovered that I'd forgotten to leave holes for the front legs when I was seaming.

*sigh*

pattycake

« Reply #1181 on: May 23, 2016, 09:58:25 PM »
I just finished knitting a new dog sweater (I have hairless dogs. They get chilly.). I seamed up the sides, and was just admiring my work and very pleased with myself. I thought I'd just try it on the dog.

At which point I discovered that I'd forgotten to leave holes for the front legs when I was seaming.

*sigh*

I actually did laugh out loud! This is something I could see me doing.

Carotte

« Reply #1182 on: May 24, 2016, 07:54:54 AM »

*sigh*

I actually did laugh out loud! This is something I could see me doing.

Oh yeah, me too. yesterday I was finishing a little bag I was asked to make, just the seam left open to turn it outside in, and stitched it to itself/the back part of the bag because I wasn't paying attention. A quick fix but for a second I was quite puzzled as why it wasn't behaving like it should.