Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5654418 times)

gmatoy

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #30045 on: Yesterday at 09:03:40 PM »
I was looking forward to sleeping in this morning. 7 am the dogs go nuts. Next door neighbor's son and son-in-law are taking down the fence between the yards. The fence was pulled down by a vine they had climbing it and needed to be fixed.

I'm especially gripy because I can't really leave and go somewhere else. I'm in the US so indoor places are Black Friday Madhouses.  I don't feel very well. I choked hard yesterday - on water of all things. Afterwards my head was pounding. My throat still feels sore and rough. So my plan of going to the Arboretum and taking a nice hike, just doesn't sound like fun. I really just want to curl up and sleep. Thing is the way the houses are set up the fence they are working on is less than 3 feet from my bedroom.

I don't think anyone here is being a special snowflake. They need to fix the fence, and they aren't deliberately bothering the dogs. And you can't help being sick.

7 AM, the neighbors were very special snowflakes. If anyone wakes me on my day off, it better be something other than fixing a fence!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #30046 on: Yesterday at 09:05:31 PM »
If it were a normal Friday, I think starting at 7:00 is fine.  But on Black Friday, when many people have the day off?  Maybe not rude, perhaps illegal depending on the local bylaws but definitely inconsiderate.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #30047 on: Yesterday at 09:42:27 PM »
I still don't get the timing, but my neighbors did some very nice things today.

The noise stopped after my last post, and I think has been quiet the rest of the day.

They kept the panels intact. They propped them up against my house (brick), and over lapped them to the back fence, creating a barrier. I've been going out with the dogs to make sure they don't knock it over, but Abby and Andi have been staying in the yard. Though they have been going nuts barking at the strangers, Ernie (the neighbor's dog), and the relatives dogs. So no long stays in the back yard.

It looks like they got the new posts up in concrete. I suspect the actual building will start early.

I must have been sicker and crankier than I thought. About 12 I decided to go to this hole in the wall BBQ place that is great. I went to check the dogs food and water before I left - the next thing I know it is 6 pm and I've missed a family get together that started at 3.

I checked my phone - my sister had called at 3:17 - and apparently I answered. We had enough of a conversation that she knew I was alive but sleeping. There was a text also to call her when I was coherent. They are still down at the farm, but I don't feel up to driving to Fulshear in the dark and negotiation dirt road and a dirt tract to get to the property.

I was starving. The BBQ place isn't open for dinner. So I went to a local burger joint. Had a great meal. When I asked for the bill, the waitress said that someone had paid for me. I know what the meal usually costs so I left her a good sized tip, just to be sure that was covered.

I'm guessing that the neighbors will start up early, actually building the fence. I have a nearly morning hike scheduled so that will work out.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future