News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 30, 2015, 03:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 1248778 times)

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #10485 on: Yesterday at 07:58:46 PM »
Is there a way to freeze cooked pasta?

Is the pasta sauced or unsauced?

I use ziploc freezer bags. 

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #10486 on: Yesterday at 09:31:27 PM »

We go through this with hurricanes too. What I don't get is if you have transportation why not get out of the way? Why risk your life, the life of your kids, and the first responders? Those that don't have transportation need friends, neighbors, or government to get them to safety too. (Note  - I have always evacuated if told to do so)

Sadly, I can answer that to some degree. It's because of looters that people want to stay to protect their property. It's sounds foolish, but there are so many alarms that the damage is going to be worse than it is that people just take a chance. Of course in case of floods coming, it's pretty defined: the closer the river and the lower you are, the more flooding you're going to get. In tornadoes and  hurricanes, the landfall is a lot less predictable and people are willing to bet it won't hit them. Areas can't get locked down until after the event, and of course the people who will protect (the National Guard and local police agencies) can't risk their lives, either. 

We are Early Responders and hear these stories over and over. (We go in as soon as the first responders leave - some are still there.) (We may be going to Texas - no assignments yet, just the call.)

This, and because it's a natural human inclination to believe that we, personally, can do something even if other people can't.  I think a lot of people get into the "We'll have damage and it will be my fault for not being there and doing something to prevent it" mentality, even in disasters where it's obvious they wouldn't be able to actually make a difference.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #10487 on: Yesterday at 09:46:04 PM »
No sauce.  I put pasta and sauce in Ziploc bags. 

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #10488 on: Yesterday at 10:56:59 PM »
No sauce.  I put pasta and sauce in Ziploc bags. 

Oh yeah, it'll be fine.  bonus, if they are the ziploc freezer bags, you can just dump boiling water in to thaw it out really quickly.  put in just enough to cover. 

If you have the time, you can put in the fridge and let them thaw out gradually