Author Topic: May I brag on my son >  (Read 166 times)

POF

May I brag on my son >
« on: Today at 07:51:23 PM »
Oh - guess I am going to anyway. ;D  He is a sophomore in high school ( 15  ) and competed in the state meet for X-country this year.  He was the best runner for this distance at our high school and was number 3 in our league. 

He is now running winter track.  In order to qualify as an individual to run at the state track and field meets  - you have to qualify with a very competitive time.  Many athletes never qualify or only do so in their senior year. 

Last week - his first meet of the season - he qualified in the mile.  This week he qualified in the 1000 meter ( a little more than 1/2 mile ).  His goal is to qualify in 4 events for state ( he will only be able to compete in 2 events ).

I am really proud of him, he has been gifted with great speed, but he also works hard and takes it seriously. 

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: May I brag on my son >
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:53:01 PM »
What an accomplishment!  Way to go for him!  I bet you are very proud of him and well you should be.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:47:19 PM »
That's awesome!

NFPwife

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:51:22 PM »
That's awesome! Congratulations to him!!

I may have missed an update, if I did, apologies, how'd the breakfast for the team go?

POF

« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:55:11 PM »
They went to so many invitationals that I never got a chance to do it - Several of the Xcountry Moms and I are going to do it when they start practice in the summer - that way they can eat outdoors.

I did take cookies and treats to their meets ! so I tried to keep them fed.  A bunch of the guys showed up and wreaked havoc on my XMAS baking  :o