Author Topic: Your "I'm not that old!!!" moments  (Read 4755 times)

blueyzca01

Re: Your "I'm not that old!!!" moments
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
BG/ I am 46 AND Im 12 years older than hubby.  Im told I dont look my age.  But every now and then, I feel it. And having a husband who still gets carded for cigarettes, despite the fact that hes 35, doesnt help. /BG

DH was telling me story about someone at his job.  He started the conversation by saying, So, this guy at work, hes middle-aged, ya know, pretty old, blah blah blah. 
And I asked him, so, how old is this guy, sixty, sixty-five?  He said, Nah, I think hes in his forties.  I just glared at him.  Gee, thanks, babe. :P

No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Baby Snakes

« Reply #136 on: Yesterday at 10:51:39 AM »
I just received the invitation for our 40th high school reunion.  40th!  :'(  (goes off weeping into corner).

Krism

« Reply #137 on: Yesterday at 01:36:03 PM »
The Marine Corps birthday ball does it for me more every year. Part of the ceremony involves cutting the cake and presenting pieces to the guest of honor, oldest Marine present, and youngest Marine present. There's always a chorus of groans following the announcement for the youngest Marine. This year - PFC so and so was born in 1995. At least I was only in high school when he was born this time.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #138 on: Yesterday at 03:26:12 PM »
Oh carp, that means my SON is old enough to serve!

I mean, yes, he did turn 18 in December and is graduating HS and off to college in the fall, but he is...a kid...not ready to be off and serve his country?!?  A dorm, ok.  a bunker? 

I know people that serve/have served, and they are so mature and focused...DS is just not there yet.  :)
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.