Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 37842 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #900 on: July 20, 2014, 08:12:49 AM »
I cleaned out and swapped out a vintage metal storage cabinet and wire shelving unit. The cabinet had been in the recess at the top of my stairs, outside my apt door, and the shelves had been in the corner of my DR. Cabinet now resides in the corner of my DR and shelves are outside, holding my winter boots, extra windshield washer fluid, paper towels, a cooler, and laundry detergent. Cabinet holds some misc. stuff, but mainly it's out of sight!

I also went through my closet and got rid of more too large clothes, and others I haven't worn in a while.

Today's reward? Going to check out the new World Market that just opened near me.

gmatoy

« Reply #901 on: July 20, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »

Today's reward? Going to check out the new World Market that just opened near me.

Careful, that store is like candy. You don't really need it, but you can not resist!  Having said that, I spend a lot of money there buying cute and useful kitchen items for Christmas gifts!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #902 on: July 20, 2014, 02:55:11 PM »
I guess I did too much yesterday - not much motivation to do anything.

I'll get the dishwasher unpacked and get the other dishes done but that's about it.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #903 on: July 20, 2014, 04:40:39 PM »

Careful, that store is like candy. You don't really need it, but you can not resist!  Having said that, I spend a lot of money there buying cute and useful kitchen items for Christmas gifts!

So I discovered! Haha. But I didn't do too badly. I also got some kitchen and other stuff for Christmas gifts and a couple other things. Love the variety of foods!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #904 on: July 20, 2014, 05:11:38 PM »
Today was laundry day.  I did three loads,  one of which was all of my bedding. Also cleaned out the litter boxes. I really needed to go to Walmart,  but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  :P  There's always tomorrow for that shopping trip.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

gmatoy

« Reply #905 on: July 20, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »
I reweeded the flower bed I had done already and did the next one. I started the third one, but lost my "get up and go. Or as my grandpa would say, "My get up and go, got up and went!"

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #906 on: July 20, 2014, 07:32:04 PM »
I wrote a paper for the non-favored class. That makes it a chore.

snowfire

« Reply #907 on: July 20, 2014, 08:23:17 PM »
Took a mattress over to MIL's house & set up twin beds for friends who are visiting this week. (MIL just moved to assisted living. Friends can't stay with us due to cat allergies.) Cleaned out MIL's fridge and freezer. (Ewwwww!) Some stuff was hunting for prey...... :o

When we moved the mattress we discovered that the cat had horked on the duvet so I've done 3 loads of laundry. 

I hope things will settle down soon, but I know they won't for a while.  Got to clean out MIL's house & she is a borderline hoarder.  Stuff isn't on the floors, but every closet is stuffed with boxes & the garage.... At some point we are going to have to have the mother of all garage sales.

gmatoy

« Reply #908 on: July 21, 2014, 07:08:25 PM »
Finished the third flower bed and got the grass around the borders cut back. We have pavers behind two of the beds and I got all of the weeds pulled out of them also. My front yard hasn't looked this good in years! DH has spent the summer working on fences. He replaced the fence on the back of the back yard and now is repairing and painting the side fence on the right side of the front yard. He is thinking of doing some more planting of flowers, but I do not want more flower beds. (Please note who gets to do the weeding of said beds. And I'm not getting any younger!)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #909 on: July 21, 2014, 07:14:37 PM »
Worked. Picked up my package, and filled my gas tank. Started laundry. Started packing. Made a pretty detailed packing list.

Now for homework, dinner, and helping friends plan a last minute trip.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #910 on: July 21, 2014, 07:45:09 PM »
I finally made it to Walmart.   Woohoo!   Extra bonus points for getting a great parking spot and the store was nearly empty.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #911 on: July 21, 2014, 08:19:03 PM »
Major Costco run tonight - over $600, although almost half of that was for the snack bar at work.

I've watered the garden tonight, too.

And collected a myriad of mosquito bites.   :P
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #912 on: Yesterday at 08:23:32 PM »
More work. More laundry. Homework.

gmatoy

« Reply #913 on: Yesterday at 08:39:48 PM »
having finished weeding all 3 of the front flower beds, I started on the backyard. I got about 3/4 of the rose garden done. (It is huge, so I really worked!) Then I started sewing Barbie dresses, have finished a dozen so far. Now I'm taking a break; the meatloaf is in the oven so I have about 40 minutes before I have to get back to work!