News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 03, 2016, 03:59:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 571600 times)

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2865 on: November 25, 2016, 04:04:59 AM »
Speaking of ouja boards, (and I may have told this story before) my aunt Rose had an experience with one that had enough truth that made her go looking for further information. She claims that an ouja board told her that my dad, uncle, and two aunts had another sister called Ann. The proof that Aunt Rose had was that the spirit used Latin to communicate and said that her soul was in Limbo.

Rose went looking, and found a death certificate for a baby girl born with anecephaly named Ann. There was also an old story that was half-remembered by me that my grandfather was running through the streets of Hamilton (Scotland) with a child in his arms looking for the doctor.

Captains Flat, Australia

o_gal

« Reply #2866 on: November 28, 2016, 06:53:26 AM »
Also along the lines of Ouija boards, my maternal great-grandmother was very into the occult. This would have been in the early 1900's. She would hold sťances, try to communicate with people in the afterlife, etc. I don't think she actually was a devil worshipper, but she really tried to look for "dark stuff".

My grandmother told my Mom that one afternoon, she went up into the attic of the house to do her thing. And came back down white as a sheet.  Then she purged the house of everything she was using in her attempts and never did anything ever again.  Apparently, something very, very dark and sinister decided to finally join her. She never said if it was Satan, but my grandmother thought it was.

Kaymyth

« Reply #2867 on: November 28, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »
My mom had a ouija board and she could never get rid of it. She threw it away many times but it always came back somehow.

I heard this happening too many times and that's why I will never touch one. You can't get away by throwing it out, burning it, or moving. No thanks.

Yeah, DON'T burn them.  Fire is a transformative magic, and it tends to set free and increase the power of whatever's got hold of the dang thing.

A few years ago in the thread, Dazi (I think) posted a good method for getting rid of them:  dig a hole, break the board into seven pieces, salt it, douse it with holy water (religion source makes no difference), and bury it.  It should stay buried.

Or if you're lucky enough to ever come across me in RL, just hand it to me and I'll shut it down in a few seconds.  ::)

doodlemor

« Reply #2868 on: November 29, 2016, 08:54:33 PM »
My mom had a ouija board and she could never get rid of it. She threw it away many times but it always came back somehow. It was around until I was in middle school. We played around with it but nothing ever happened.

I have no idea where it is now. Probably still in the garage where my ex-stepfather lives. He still lives in the house I grew up where I last saw the thing.

Someone I know was working retail for Christmas in a store that sold ouija boards.  As a religious person, she was concerned about the fact that they were being sold as Christmas gifts.  She then started praying over them to bind up the evil spirits.  After Christmas many of them were returned because they "didn't work."

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #2869 on: November 30, 2016, 04:38:15 PM »
And we had a Ouija board, my sister and her friends got bored with it after playing with it twice and it sat unused in our house in the board game closet for years until we cleaned it out before selling the house.
Nothing to see here.

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #2870 on: November 30, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »
I mentioned on here before that I've seen a white cat out of the corner of my eye while sitting at my desk here.  We don't own a white cat, and none of our cats could be mistaken for a white cat if just seen briefly.  Our cats don't seem to be bothered, even our extremely skittish one.

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk, and felt something brush against my leg.  It felt as though a cat had walked past me.  About an hour later I saw one of my tabby cats walking through the door of my office out to the hallway.  Part of my brain says that what I felt was her brushing against my leg, but I looked down as soon as it happened, and there was no cat visible. 

Makes me wonder.