Author Topic: Instant justice stories  (Read 45174 times)

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
Re: Instant justice stories
« Reply #285 on: Yesterday at 08:33:32 AM »
My boss has two girls.  When they were little, they had the usual plethora of Barbies and Bratz dolls.  He was always stepping on the accessories which never felt good in sock feet. One day, he kind of lost it and told them that the next time he stepped on something out where it shouldn't be, he was throwing the whole mess in the garbage.

Sure enough, not long after, he stepped on something.  He went out to the garage, got the snow shovel and shoveled the whole pile into a garbage bag.  The next day was garbage day, too.  Surprisingly, it was a few days before they noticed.
When my daughters had Barbies I told them the only way I was ever picking those little bits up was with the vacuum cleaner.
I told my two the same thing, but with loom bands.

Victoria

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #286 on: Yesterday at 08:50:57 AM »
A friend was telling me about an older law student in his class who thinks that because he's had a child and worked a bit in business before law school he knows everything. Doesn't matter the subject, he's just convinced that he's got some inside knowledge no one else has, and he explains things in That Tone that's so grating and patronizing, as if he's descending from on high to give us mere mortals some pearl of wisdom.

Funny thing is, he's usually wrong. In the class the other day, the professor was asking about damages for something or other and said "What is the value of a child's life?" to which this guy replied "Oh, a child is worth so much more than an adult" and the professor said "That's absolutely incorrect. A child is worth many times less than an adult, especially an adult in his prime working years, when you have to put a dollar amount on it."

I wonder if he's related to my one boss! who seemingly knows everything about everything. Yet is completely and utterly clueless about life in general sometimes. She is a CKIA to the nth degree, to the point where no one wants to hold any conversation with her because she will always tell you you're wrong, you're doing it wrong, or HER way is much better. Never mind she's never done whatever it is you may be talking about. But she still knows.

MrTango

« Reply #287 on: Yesterday at 11:00:54 AM »
I have a cousin who used to leave random lego pieces laying around the house.  One day, my aunt got fed up with it and picked up the pile of pieces from the living room floor and put them in his pillow case.

It didn't take more than a few repetitions of that strategy before Cousin started picking up his toys.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #288 on: Yesterday at 11:31:58 AM »
I have a cousin who used to leave random lego pieces laying around the house.  One day, my aunt got fed up with it and picked up the pile of pieces from the living room floor and put them in his pillow case.

It didn't take more than a few repetitions of that strategy before Cousin started picking up his toys.

Clever!
I did that with my daughter's dirty socks once, more as a prank than a lesson. Unfortunately she didn't notice.  :P

darling

« Reply #289 on: Yesterday at 11:37:52 AM »

Clever!
I did that with my daughter's dirty socks once, more as a prank than a lesson. Unfortunately she didn't notice.  :P

Maybe I should try that with my son's dirty socks that he leaves under the chair in the living room...

heartmug

« Reply #290 on: Yesterday at 02:49:51 PM »
Dirty socks left on the floor in my home go outside on the back porch. 
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.