News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 14, 2016, 12:35:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 7372754 times)

mmswm

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #34380 on: February 12, 2016, 11:52:58 PM »
Doodlemor, I think that must be the same VW bus we had a run in with just outside of Beckley in 1997 or 1998! Guy driving it looked like Santa and drove like a complete lunatic.  I'm honestly surprised he didn't drive off the side of the mountain.

That is so incredibly funny.  Did he still have the green and white webbed lawn chairs on the roof? 

Mmswm - Does your dad have a whole other secret life?

He must!  How many Santa look alike lunatic drivers could there be?
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #34381 on: Yesterday at 05:35:43 AM »
Doodlemor, I think that must be the same VW bus we had a run in with just outside of Beckley in 1997 or 1998! Guy driving it looked like Santa and drove like a complete lunatic.  I'm honestly surprised he didn't drive off the side of the mountain.

That is so incredibly funny.  Did he still have the green and white webbed lawn chairs on the roof? 

Mmswm - Does your dad have a whole other secret life?

He must!  How many Santa look alike lunatic drivers could there be?

I thought they were harvest gold/green, but I guess they could have been green/white.  It's been a lot of years. How many VW busses could there be with lawn chairs attached to the roof and a Santa driver?
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

JoW

« Reply #34382 on: Yesterday at 01:04:06 PM »
We had a snowflake at my exercise club this morning.

I've belonged to this club for almost 15 years.  There has always been a water aerobics class in the lap pool Saturday morning 9-10am.  The pool has 5 lanes, the class takes the shallowest 3, adding the 4th if the class is large. 

Today there were about 20 of us in class so we took 3 lanes.  There was a lap swimmer in lane 4.  Lane 5 was empty.  At about 9:45 another member started pestering the teacher about when the class will end.  I didn't hear the conversation but I strongly suspect he was trying to get our class to end earlier so he could swim laps in lane 3.  No, lane 5 was not acceptable, he wanted lane 3.  He wanted the 20 of us to cut back our workouts by 25% so he could have that lane.  Our class ended at 10am as scheduled.  We had the lane ropes back in place and were out of the pool by 10:03.
The same guy was back today, this time during the 8:15-9am class.  Same request - he wanted the 3rd lane for lap swimming instead of the already empty 5th lane.  The teacher turned him away again.  The early class was added to the schedule several years ago.