News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 19, 2017, 01:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 194257 times)

Gladly

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #1050 on: January 11, 2017, 09:08:53 AM »
Dear Amelia & Zoe,

You are whippets.  Whippets are hounds.  Hunting little furries is what you do.  Every walk we go on you spend most of the time looking for bunnies and squirrels.  So, why, by all that's holy, when I show you the corner where I saw a mouse 10 seconds ago, do you both look blankly at me and go back to the sofa?

Signed
The exasperated one who must be feeding you too much!

tiff019

« Reply #1051 on: January 12, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »
Dear Puppy (yes that's her name),

It is cold, windy and wet outside. You do not NEED to go lay in the mud and obsess over the neighbor's dog. In fact you don't need to obsess over the neighbor's dog at all... but I've accepted that it's just what you do. Please stay inside where it's warm and comfy and with me :D Silly dingus!

Love,
the giver of treats, belly rubs, and much of my half of the bed.

magicdomino

« Reply #1052 on: January 12, 2017, 03:49:40 PM »
Dear Amelia & Zoe,

You are whippets.  Whippets are hounds.  Hunting little furries is what you do.  Every walk we go on you spend most of the time looking for bunnies and squirrels.  So, why, by all that's holy, when I show you the corner where I saw a mouse 10 seconds ago, do you both look blankly at me and go back to the sofa?

Signed

Dear Goddess of Food,

Whippets are sighthounds.  We have to see something move before we chase it.  Please place the furry creature in the middle of the floor, and we will be happy to chase it under the sofa.

With much love,

Amelia and Zoe 

Gladly

« Reply #1053 on: January 17, 2017, 09:56:34 AM »
Dear Amelia & Zoe,

Signed

Dear Goddess of Food,

Whippets are sighthounds.  We have to see something move before we chase it.  Please place the furry creature in the middle of the floor, and we will be happy to chase it under the sofa.

With much love,

Amelia and Zoe

;D

Yes, you are right.  You are sight hounds.  I know you run around trees looking for squirrels because that's where you expect to find squirrels.  Thankfully, you don't expect to find mice in the kitchen.  It still would have been nice if you had at least looked for it!

She who is still feeding you despite your inability to comprehend mice in the house!