News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 19, 2017, 10:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need Advice - Dulles to Reagan Airport  (Read 622 times)

AngelicGamer

Re: Need Advice - Dulles to Reagan Airport
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 11:29:54 PM »
Wonderful news - needing a hotel changed. The family that my friend is staying with heard about the situation and went "...why isn't she staying here?". So, that's all good. It also turns off that my time frame of the entire trip was off. We're leaving as soon as we wake up / after breakfast on Sunday to drive down to TN for the eclipse. I basically have Saturday to sight see and am thinking about making a day of going to the National Cathedral. It's a fan geek thing for me, because of West Wing (Two Cathedrals episode especially), so that's going to be my day in DC. I'm also going to try to get over to Old Town Alexandria but we'll see. I'm not optimistic, mostly because I can see getting sucked into the National Cathedral, but I am going to try.

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who replied and gave advice. I really am sorry if I confused anyone with my first post or updates but your advice helped a lot too.
Where are you staying?  Is it on a Metro line or a bus line?  There's not really a metro stop near the Cathedral, but there are plenty of buses that go past it.  Don't forget to look for the Darth Vader Gargoyle :)

I'm staying by Arlington Blvd and Park, so bus line. Through the Metro trip planner, they suggest the 4A bus to Rosslyn for the Orange to Foggy Bottom (which, as it should, makes me giggle). Then walk a bit and get on the 31 towards Friendship Heights and get off at Wisconsin and Woodley. Then start a reverse by get on the Blue for Old Town Alexandria. ;D

I will be looking for the gargoyle!

Any of the 30's will take you up Wisconsin past the cathedral.  If you don't mind walking you can walk through Georgetown and over the Key Bridge into Rosslyn and hop on the Blue line from there.  It's a pretty view going over the Potomac

I used to live in Glover Park right by the Whole Foods.  So I would take the bus up the hill and walk back down :D

Ooo that sounds like a good idea. I'm all for seeing the Potomac. :)