A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat

<< < (220/665) > >>

Ser Lucien Liliane:

--- Quote from: Midnight Kitty on July 22, 2013, 02:10:25 PM ---Our vet told us that some cats become almost addicted to crunchy kibbles and will turn their noses up at mushy canned food.  We are lucky that Buddy Boy (aka Mr. Buddy Guy) will eat anything, including the carrots left in the dog's food bowl.  The dog, Honey Girl, will not eat carrots and will spit them out if she finds them in her food.  The dog is finicky; The cat will eat anything.

The vet also said that we have to watch the ash content of any kibbles we might feed Buddy as male cats develop kidney stones &/or urinary tract blockages.  Having only had female cats up till now, we didn't know this about male cats.

--- End quote ---

Rika's...problematic. It took me forever to get her off low-quality grocery store kibble and onto a much better food. She was literally starving herself before I managed to get her to FINALLY start eating the good stuff.

Why? She fixates on the SHAPE. She was on Meow Mix when I got her and honestly, I'm not sure how I got her to start eating anything else, because it wasn't the same SHAPE. (Then again, she's special. Polycystic kidney disease - at a year and a half old when I got her! (she's almost four now) - and feline cutaneous asthenia, which basically means her skin can split if she even grooms herself too violently...) I'd love for her to occasionally nosh on some canned or treats to get a little more weight on her, but she isn't underweight, at least.

Branwen, on the other hand...yeah. She'll eat anything. She even threatens to eat the forty-pound standard poodle. It's hilarious.

misha412:
My dearest Rukia,

It is not a smart idea to put your nose on the dog's plate when dog is eating from it. I know the big slobbery mutt has not growled or shown teeth when you do that, but don't push it!! You are 10 lbs. He is 90 lbs. Plus, he has big teeth that could do serious damage.

I thought you were smarter than your cat brother, but even he hasn't tried that one yet.

Love, the one that serves all animal food and cleans the litter box

GreenHall:
@%#}#% Renfield,
I know the weather has been very wet recently, and the air damp even when water is not falling from the sky.  I don't know why last night and tonight you decided to play "stair monster" but this needs to stop.  You look cute, but the flaying of the skin is decidedly less so.  I had to arm myself with the water gun to go back downstairs.  Your "I'm so abused" body language, as you hide behind furniture, is rather less guilt inducing while I am still bleeding!

Signed,
The really big cat toy, apparently

P.s. this is why you were almost introduced to the vet as dingdangity-it Cat mylastname

ETA, yeah, while cute, dingdangity is not the cat's almost name....

Fliss:

--- Quote from: GreenHall ---
P.s. this is why you were almost introduced to the vet as dingdangity-it Cat mylastname

--- End quote ---

(sigh) This sounds like similar reasoning why Sam and Max are known as "The Demon Twins".

Fliss

Lynnv:

--- Quote from: Fliss on July 24, 2013, 09:01:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: GreenHall ---

--- End quote ---

(sigh) This sounds like similar reasoning why Sam and Max are known as "The Demon Twins".

Fliss

--- End quote ---

And a cat my mom had when I was a kid named Booger You Little S___ Lastname.   Insert a not quite eHell approved word for S___.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version