Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 194345 times)

deadbody

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1305 on: November 20, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »
Nippet,

The otherside of the door is not a magical wonderland full of tuna cans and catnip.  Not the door to the hallway, not the door to the bathroom, not the door to the bedrooms, and certainly not the door to outside.  Stop lurking by any closed door and trying to shoot through it when opened.

Especially the door to outside.  It is cold, and you are dumber than a bag of sand.  You are lucky your big brother Darth has long since cleared the neighborhood of small animals so you can remain unmolested in the yard for a hour or so until you decide that it is cold and you want to come in.

Just stop it.  Use your energy to torment, I mean play with, the other cats instead.  Stormy could use the exercise.

Love,

The fat less furry one.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #1306 on: November 20, 2013, 01:58:50 PM »
Dear Carmen,

You look so adorable in your new bed:

Now please stop sleeping on my pillow. 

Dear Figaro,

Your new bed will be in the living room near the radiator.   Now please let me sleep peacefully (to the degree that I can).

Love,

She who gives you Fancy Feast.

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #1307 on: November 20, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
Dear Kali,
When you disappear for 8 days and have to be returned in the middle of the night by a kindly person who saw my flyers, do not be surprised that I don't want to let you go outside when I'm not right there to keep an eye on you.
I spent those evenings and days (with 2 major thunderstorms in that time), walking through the neighborhood in the dark, putting up flyers and visiting animal shelters on the weekends.
I do not wish to repeat the experience, so you can glare at passing dogs from the window instead of the front fence.
With All My Love,
Moralia

Amara

« Reply #1308 on: November 20, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »
Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, Venus, Carmen looks *exactly* like my much beloved dearly departed feline soulmate, Persephone. White whiskers and everything! I am reeling with emotion.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1309 on: November 20, 2013, 03:39:48 PM »
I'm sorry she is no longer with you.  I'm sure she was a kitty of great character.

Maybe Carmen is related to her because as soon as she saw that bed her expression said "Mine!  All mine!"

greencat

« Reply #1310 on: November 20, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »
Dear Baby-mama kitty,

Thank you for letting me borrow Coffee Bean for cuddling purposes while you're taking a break to eat/poo/whatever.

Love,

The babysitter.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1311 on: November 20, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
Oh my goodness, greencat, how adorable! *has all the squees*
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1312 on: November 20, 2013, 06:34:37 PM »
SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

Oh Da Cute! The Cutest Evah! 

We lovelovelove black kitties.  I had Spooky, a black half-Persian, when I met DH and he fell in love with her, and me. ;D Unfortunately, due to quarantine laws and Spooky's age, we left her with my XH when we moved to Hawaii.  Then we adopted Midnight Kitty (all black) and her sister Bootsie (a Tuxedo) and took good care of them for 18 years and 19-1/2 years, respectively.  Now we have Buddy, born feral about a year ago, and he is pure jet black.  If we didn't have him, I would be trying to steal Coffee Bean from greencat.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1313 on: November 20, 2013, 06:58:30 PM »
Dear Mocha,

I am slowly assimilating to your ways. You love to curl up somewhere hidden when I go to bed, then your human dad locks you away in our bedroom when he comes to bed.

Between 4 and 5 AM you strike. Wet nose to mom's nose. Head rubbing on my hands. Then you lay upon my rib cage. I enjoy the purring, but I do not enjoy the part when your entire 7 lbs is held by one of your paws on my ribcage. I have a large bruise now.

I will be keeping my bedroom door shut.

Love,

Mom

Venus193

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1314 on: November 20, 2013, 07:11:49 PM »
What a little darling!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1315 on: November 20, 2013, 09:31:10 PM »
Dear Mocha,
<snip>
I will be keeping my bedroom door shut.

Love,

Mom
Dear Mom,

I'm warning you: If you shut that door, you will get NO sleep tonight or any other night.

I am MOCHA; Hear me roar! >:D

p.s. from MK: We joke that cats are the Enforcers of the Open Door Policy. When a door is closed and they stand there making noise, we Hoomans interpret that as them wanting to be on the other side of the door.  This creates frustration for the Hooman when we open the door and the cat walks away without going through the door.  We wonder, "Why did s/he want me to open the door if s/he didn't want to go out?" Silly Hoomans  :) Cats are simply notifying us of a violation of the Open Door Policy because we have opposable thumbs and can operate the round knobs.  If Hoomans would just use those handy lever handles, the cats could jump up and open the door themselves ... then walk away.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1316 on: November 20, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »
DH shuts the door, so Mocha wakes me up to give her affection and let her out. I eventually go across to the door, open it, and then visit the bathroom. By the time I come out, she has left the room. lol

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1317 on: November 20, 2013, 10:16:35 PM »
Uh well, don't move to Vancouver any time soon.  They have banned door knobs in new construction.  I'm 99.999999 perscent sure cats were behind it.

greencat

« Reply #1318 on: November 20, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »
SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

Oh Da Cute! The Cutest Evah! 

We lovelovelove black kitties.  I had Spooky, a black half-Persian, when I met DH and he fell in love with her, and me. ;D Unfortunately, due to quarantine laws and Spooky's age, we left her with my XH when we moved to Hawaii.  Then we adopted Midnight Kitty (all black) and her sister Bootsie (a Tuxedo) and took good care of them for 18 years and 19-1/2 years, respectively.  Now we have Buddy, born feral about a year ago, and he is pure jet black.  If we didn't have him, I would be trying to steal Coffee Bean from greencat.

Coffee Bean kind of looks black in the photos, but compared to actual black things like clothing and his inky darling mother, he's actually a BROWN kitten :)  He has two lovely black siblings I'm still trying to get my friends to take home with them though...

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1319 on: November 20, 2013, 10:45:50 PM »
Dear Ciaran,

I was enjoying a lovely bath this morning. Then grandma went to see where you were. She couldn't find you anywhere. She happened to look up. And found your stupid self on top of the door. I had to hop out of the tub, get on a chair, and grab you. It was very undignified for me. Please don't do it again.

Sincerely,

A member of staff.