Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 205849 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1365 on: December 13, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »
Dear Ivory,
I love you, and I know you love me. You love getting scritches and petting and such on my lap. But DO NOT come on my lap, fart-bomb me and leave.

Dear Ivory,

Up your game. One word: Dutch oven.

Tactically,
Flora the Stinky
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1366 on: December 18, 2013, 11:27:27 PM »
Dear Luna,

My hair gel is not food.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1367 on: December 18, 2013, 11:45:06 PM »
Dear Branwen,

I'm very glad you love the brushies now, but must you climb into my lap and knead rapturously when I'm brushing you? It makes brushing your ruff terribly difficult and your gravity generator is clearly working overtime. I have paw bruises, cat.

Dear Rika,

The. Brush. Is. Not. Edible. No matter how much I laugh at you when you try to bite it, you should really stop that. And since when do you play with the loud rattly toy that used to scare the living daylights out of you? You're turning into a real cat!

Dear Lily,

I thought you had reached the pinnacle of earsplitting with your begging. Quit proving me wrong with all new caterwauling antics. You're not getting any more dingdangity cheese.

Dear Sophie,

It's bad enough that Rika crawls under my blankets - don't you start too! There's a whole unused pillow! Hog that instead, not my warm spot!

Dear whoever horked on my chair at god-ugly in the morning,

!&#**$(*(%($)*##!^)@$.

Mumble hiss,
The Not-Furry One.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1368 on: December 18, 2013, 11:57:40 PM »
Dear Liliane,

How did you get Branwen to accept the brushies? My Ciaran refuses to accept them, even though I tell him it will clean his coat. He insists his coat is fine.

Regards,

Nikko-chan

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1369 on: December 19, 2013, 12:20:12 AM »
Dear Liliane,

How did you get Branwen to accept the brushies? My Ciaran refuses to accept them, even though I tell him it will clean his coat. He insists his coat is fine.

Regards,

Nikko-chan

Jealousy, I think. :) I had the hardest time getting her to hold still for brushies until she noticed her sister ADORES brushies. (Rika hated it at first too - she'd never been brushed in her life when I got her - she grew to love being brushed fairly quickly once I buckled down and started trying to brush her every day, and now when I get the brush and say "Brushies?" she comes running over making adorable "ik" noises. (Yes. Siamese.)) Branwen apparently decided that me giving attention to Rika and not her was just not on, and apparently the "hey, brushies are attention!" switch was then flipped in her brain. Now she also adores the brushies.

Other than that, I'd say just keep trying every day. Keep treats handy (I couldn't do for Rika, she won't eat them) and give lots of pettings, affirmative noises and a treat or two every time Ciaran holds still and accepts the brushies for more than a microsecond. It might be worth trying a new kind of brush too - what are you using? I had to get Rika used to brushies with a Furminator, in part due to her skin issues, and once she was used to that she didn't mind the slicker brush either.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1370 on: December 19, 2013, 01:35:54 AM »
Dear Liliane,

Regards,

Nikko-chan

Jealousy, I think. :) I had the hardest time getting her to hold still for brushies until she noticed her sister ADORES brushies. (Rika hated it at first too - she'd never been brushed in her life when I got her - she grew to love being brushed fairly quickly once I buckled down and started trying to brush her every day, and now when I get the brush and say "Brushies?" she comes running over making adorable "ik" noises. (Yes. Siamese.)) Branwen apparently decided that me giving attention to Rika and not her was just not on, and apparently the "hey, brushies are attention!" switch was then flipped in her brain. Now she also adores the brushies.

Other than that, I'd say just keep trying every day. Keep treats handy (I couldn't do for Rika, she won't eat them) and give lots of pettings, affirmative noises and a treat or two every time Ciaran holds still and accepts the brushies for more than a microsecond. It might be worth trying a new kind of brush too - what are you using? I had to get Rika used to brushies with a Furminator, in part due to her skin issues, and once she was used to that she didn't mind the slicker brush either.

Shed ender

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1371 on: December 19, 2013, 01:40:56 AM »
Dear Liliane,

Regards,

Nikko-chan

Shed ender

Hm. Looks like it's basically a sideways-oriented Furminator. Try a wire slicker brush instead, or even an undercoat comb (looks basically just like a metal version of a human comb - usually sold in the dog section) if Ciaran has long hair. Those rubber "gentle grooming" brushes might help get him used to the sensation of being brushed, too, but they're not too good for removing hair.

Here's hoping something works. :)

marcel

« Reply #1372 on: December 19, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
Dear Alice,

Could you leave the mice outside in the future?
If you are going to leave them in my pants, please, please, please, make sure they are deceased next time.

Love, Marcel

p.s. I walked around in those pants for 15 minutes this morning, before I noticed some inexplicable movements.
Wherever you go..... There you are.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1373 on: December 19, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
Dear Harley,

I didn't know you had the ability to open the heavy exterior door. I know I saw you on the second floor, drinking water, and then DS finds you by the mailbox! You crossed two busy intersections and it is a miracle you are still alive. Please don't do that again.

Love,

Mom

Dear Mischief/Biscuit,

Please stop chewing on the artificial Christmas tree. You are going to hurt yourself one of these days.

No love,

Mom

Dear Mocha,

Please stop decorating the food and water dishes with toys and yogurt lids. Also, I know you have suddenly developed a passion for yogurt, but you have to wait for the human to be done with their part first.

Love,

Mom

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1374 on: December 19, 2013, 04:07:12 PM »
Dear Alice,

Could you leave the mice outside in the future?
If you are going to leave them in my pants, please, please, please, make sure they are deceased next time.

Love, Marcel

p.s. I walked around in those pants for 15 minutes this morning, before I noticed some inexplicable movements.

Ok so I just made a sound that is not usually heard in nature

greencat

« Reply #1375 on: December 19, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »
Dear Baby Coffee Bean,

You just started purring when petted.  You constantly cuddle with me if you're not getting dinner from mama.  Can you stop being so cute so I can get some housework done?

Love,

The babysitter

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1376 on: December 19, 2013, 06:09:49 PM »
Dear Baby Coffee Bean,

You just started purring when petted.  You constantly cuddle with me if you're not getting dinner from mama.  Can you stop being so cute so I can get some housework done?

Love,

The babysitter

Dear Hoomin,

You ask me not be cute? Don't know how not be cute.

Sowwy.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1377 on: December 19, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »
Also, I know you have suddenly developed a passion for yogurt, but you have to wait for the human to be done with their part first.

We had a cat that loved yogurt.  He'd be up on Mom's lap, trying to stick his head in while she was eating it.  So she started taking the lid off, put a spoonful of yogurt on the lid on the floor for the cat and if she ate quick, she could finish her yogurt before the cat would bug her again.  Then she'd put the empty cup down.  Once, the cat got it stuck on his head!  It took Mom a while to free him because she was laughing so hard.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

snowfire

« Reply #1378 on: December 19, 2013, 11:31:57 PM »
My big tomcat Neko is a yogurt junkie.  It doesn't matter what flavor, he'll try to mug me for it.  I've had to lock myself in my office just to get to eat in peace.  He hasn't gotten his head stuck, but only because I usually eat Yoplait & he is a BIG cat, but it is not for lack of trying.

Ms_Cellany, My Tyra kitty is a groomer.  She usually grooms DH because his hair is shorter.  When she tries to groom me, it is 'lick, lick, ptooooi, lick, lick, ptooooi"  >:D  My hair is a LOT longer.  ;D

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #1379 on: December 22, 2013, 03:00:23 PM »
Dear whichever cat decided to pee on my bed, not once, but twice:

STOP THAT. >:( You have ruined my feather blanket, and if I can't get that smell out of my mattress, I might just be tempted to turn you into a dingdangity fur coat! Argh!

No love,
the Not-Furry One.

(Not a stress thing, I think one of the cats is not feeling very well. At least I've narrowed it down to either Lily or Sophie, but I really have no way of telling which one unless I catch them peeing on something else... *sigh*)