News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 01:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 658563 times)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1425 on: January 03, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »
Is Buddy a ball of sweetness and innocence wrapped a super dense core of mischief and destruction? If so, we may well be related.

I was abandoned as a kitten so I don't know my family. But I like to think that I come from a numerous and wide spread clan of blanket mouse hunters, countertop patrollers, human food inspectors, garbage can tippers, couch cushion excavators and tummy trap craftsmen (craftscats?), all spreading our special brand of...  helpfulness around the world.

Love,

Mittenquitit
(aka Mittenno!, MittenSTOP!, and DestructoMitten)
We are definitely related!  I was born feral, but I enjoy civilized condo living.  I almost caught a bird on the lanai yesterday.  Missed it by this.much.

My humans have not provided me with couch cushions and I haven't been able to tip the garbage can over - yet!  I'm still growing; I'll get it eventually.  Otherwise, I am very helpful in all the ways you describe.  I took over the position of Inspector General in charge of General Inspections.

My humans rechristened me Mr. Buddy Guy when they brought me home from the shelter.  Since then, I have acquired a couple aka's: "Watch it, Buster!" and "NO! Get DOWN!"
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Snooks

« Reply #1426 on: January 03, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »
Has anyone ever watched My Cat From Hell? It's my new guilty pleasure although I sometimes find it quite upsetting to see how wrongly people treat their animals.

Miss Understood

« Reply #1427 on: January 03, 2014, 01:48:59 PM »
Has anyone ever watched My Cat From Hell? It's my new guilty pleasure although I sometimes find it quite upsetting to see how wrongly people treat their animals.

That show is sometimes hard to watch because the cats start out so unhappy, but I do love Jackson Galaxy and how gentle and compassionate he is with all the cats no matter how aggressive or unfriendly they are.  The people that drive me crazy are the ones who consider their cat to be "from hell" just because it's a young active cat who wants to play and the people haven't provided any toys or things to climb, not to mention any positive attention.

Snooks

« Reply #1428 on: January 03, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »

That show is sometimes hard to watch because the cats start out so unhappy, but I do love Jackson Galaxy and how gentle and compassionate he is with all the cats no matter how aggressive or unfriendly they are.  The people that drive me crazy are the ones who consider their cat to be "from hell" just because it's a young active cat who wants to play and the people haven't provided any toys or things to climb, not to mention any positive attention.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it.  I find him really enchanting (although he makes me realise how I neglect my cats by not playing with them enough - I can't get them to pant like he says they should) and I like the fact that he remains professional despite clearly wanting to throttle some of the people.

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1429 on: January 03, 2014, 04:16:36 PM »
I've realized that having multiple cats has taken a lot of the onus of "playtime" off me - they play with each other until they tire themselves out, and then come to me for cuddles.

Dear Batman and Batman,

You, my darlings, are going to your new home with my friend tomorrow! Pleasedon'tdestroyhishouse.

Love, Mommy

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1430 on: January 03, 2014, 05:07:21 PM »
Dear Lily,

Why, in the name of all that is fluffy and good, DID YOU EAT MY BANANAS?!

I had no breakfast thanks to you, cat. Keep your paws off my mini-nanners!

With gasted flabber,
the Not-Furry One.
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

PastryGoddess

« Reply #1431 on: January 03, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »
Dear Lily,

With gasted flabber,
the Not-Furry One.

Bananas!!!  What the heck!  Cat's are weird, but eating bananas is going too far.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1432 on: January 03, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
Dear Lily,

With gasted flabber,
the Not-Furry One.

Bananas!!!  What the heck!  Cat's are weird, but eating bananas is going too far.

Lily eats everything! I can't even take a slice of bread out of the freezer to thaw unless I climb up to put it somewhere she can't get...and god forbid I should open the fridge without giving her cheese...
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1433 on: January 03, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »
My cat Harley loves peanut butter.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1434 on: January 03, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »
Had a cat once that loved canned beets.  Another one that we discovered in the bucket we were using to dump the scraps and innards from carving pumpkins...we realized the cat was in there when some stuff came flying back out of the bucket.  The cat was eating the pumpkin bits but was, as cats do, playing with them as well.

Dear cats,

This is Florida.  It's cold, but it's not literally freezing.  It is not necessary for all of you to sleep on me at the same time.

Love,

The human you're trying to suffocate.

MerryCat

« Reply #1435 on: January 03, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
Dear Lily,

With gasted flabber,
the Not-Furry One.

Sophie likes to lick dried apricots. You have to rip them open first, though, because only the sticky insides are tasty, apparently.

camlan

« Reply #1436 on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:22 PM »
Dear Lily,

With gasted flabber,
the Not-Furry One.

Lily eats everything! I can't even take a slice of bread out of the freezer to thaw unless I climb up to put it somewhere she can't get...and god forbid I should open the fridge without giving her cheese...

Fred is too fat and lazy to jump up on things. But I found him the other day, sitting on the dining table, fishing the feta cheese out of my Greek salad. Cheddar and Swiss I can understand, but *feta*?
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

JennJenn68

« Reply #1437 on: January 03, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
Once upon a time, I was the slave of a cat who loathed all human food... except canned mushrooms.  She could not get enough of them.  Any time a can was opened, she was right there, waiting for them.  She was most perturbed if the contents of said can was anything else... even wet cat food.  Go figure.

She died in 2002.  I still miss her, even though she had the nastiest meow I have ever heard...!

A new letter to my boys!

Dear Buzz:

Stop.  Just stop.  I know you're part Siamese (your voice is a dead giveaway!) but do you have to start yelling half an hour before every darned feeding time??  Have you not discovered yet that I feed you when I have decided it's time?  That terrible noise you make only contributes to my base desires to punt you across the room!

Dear Deke:

What in Hades have you been eating?  Please, by all things godly, stop farting in my face!  What did I do to deserve that??

Dear Mehitabel:

You're still without brains, and twice your ideal body weight besides.  Regardless, I love you desperately.  The fact that you're my favourite right now says less about you than about your two little brothers...!  Sheesh.

Slavishly,

She Who Provides All (And Is Never Thanked For It)!

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #1438 on: January 03, 2014, 09:56:37 PM »

Dear Buzz:

Stop.  Just stop.  I know you're part Siamese (your voice is a dead giveaway!) but do you have to start yelling half an hour before every darned feeding time??  Have you not discovered yet that I feed you when I have decided it's time?  That terrible noise you make only contributes to my base desires to punt you across the room!
Dear hoomin: what i HAZ learned iz dat it takes 30 HOLE MINNITS b4 youz feedz us.  Be moar prompt next tyme.

Buzz
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #1439 on: January 04, 2014, 05:38:34 AM »
The Last Cat But One liked curry. Our fault - she was a rescue kitten who had been taken too young from her mother so she sucked the end of her tail, like a baby thumb-sucking. Her fur went horrible and the vet recommended breaking her of the habit by putting pepper sauce on the tip of her tail before she turned the whole thing bald.

This could go on the 'Don't do that...' thread - she got a taste for it. Lentil dhal makes cats fart too, and a smallish piece of garlic and coriander naan makes a ferocious mess when 'killed' under the table.