Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 186819 times)

OSUJillyBean

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1455 on: January 06, 2014, 08:26:31 AM »
Dear Lucy,

I know last week I asked you not to jump on top of Not-the-Mama .03 seconds after we were done playing scrabble.  That does not mean I want you to jump on us during the game itself!   :o  We will love on you when we're done, I promise.

Love,
Cat-Mommy

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1456 on: January 06, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
Is this Yukiko?  Is she all black or does she have some markings?  How old is she?

I love pure black cats.  I started with Spooky (half Persian, half what jumped over the back fence) in the early 80's.  She stayed in California with my XH when I moved to Hawaii with current DH.  When we bought our condo, we adopted Midnight Kitty and Bootsie Collins, black and tuxedo sisters.  Midnight lived to 18, Bootsie to 19-1/2.  We adopted Buddy (aka WatchItBuster and NO!GetDown!) who is solid true black.  In direct sunlight, one could see the subtle tiger stripes in black and sable brown on MK & Bootsie.  If we had more room, we would be the crazy cat couple rescuing every black stray cat we could find.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #1457 on: January 06, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
Jack is also a stealth tabby. Indoors, he looks pure black. In sunlight, he's deep bronze with blue-black stripes.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1458 on: January 06, 2014, 02:48:01 PM »
Black-ish. Has some brownish/grey places.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1459 on: January 06, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »
She's a beauty in any light  ;D

Does the name Yukiko have a meaning in another language?  It sounds Japanese.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1460 on: January 06, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
She's a beauty in any light  ;D

Does the name Yukiko have a meaning in another language?  It sounds Japanese.
It is, and it means Snow Child... ;D

Maya is named for a video game character from the Persona series, so Yukiko is as well.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

MerryCat

« Reply #1461 on: January 07, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
Dear Mitten,

I know you miss Cassie. We do too. And daddy and I are both happy to give you as many cuddles and scritches as you need.

But you don't have to cry every time we leave the  house. Cassie may be gone, but we will come back. Every time. I promise.

Love,

Mum

greencat

« Reply #1462 on: January 07, 2014, 04:22:55 PM »
Dear Coffee Bean,

I suspect that I will need to start calling you Coffee Pot sometime soon.  You have started eating until your little tummy is round and tight. 

Love,
Human mom.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #1463 on: January 12, 2014, 02:33:25 PM »
Dear Stephen,

We should have known that the butter stealing incident was a gateway crime, and that you were lulling us into a false sense of security while you planned great things. Abducting the roast chicken while I was right next to you was nicely done. I did not realise until I looked round to see the ears poking up over the side of the chicken (and no, a 7.5kg cat can't hide behind a 1.5kg chicken) and paws on the plate! For future reference "Get down" does not mean "Try to run away with the whole chicken in your mouth" and cooked bones are not good for you!

Fortunately it was after we had finished, and what was left was mostly due for cat render anyway, but Daddy was a little put out he wasn't getting his sandwiches tomorrow. What has got into you? These food thefts have to stop.

Regards,
Mum (who won't buy any more chickens if this carries on)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1464 on: January 12, 2014, 03:50:06 PM »
Dear Sassy:

What's with sinking your fangs into the extra toilet paper rolls on the stand beside the toilet?  It makes it very difficult to unroll the paper when I need to use it!

Stop it!

The one who cleans your litter box.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #1465 on: January 12, 2014, 04:31:47 PM »
Dear Stephen,

We should have known that the butter stealing incident was a gateway crime, and that you were lulling us into a false sense of security while you planned great things. Abducting the roast chicken while I was right next to you was nicely done. I did not realise until I looked round to see the ears poking up over the side of the chicken (and no, a 7.5kg cat can't hide behind a 1.5kg chicken) and paws on the plate! For future reference "Get down" does not mean "Try to run away with the whole chicken in your mouth" and cooked bones are not good for you!

Fortunately it was after we had finished, and what was left was mostly due for cat render anyway, but Daddy was a little put out he wasn't getting his sandwiches tomorrow. What has got into you? These food thefts have to stop.

Regards,
Mum (who won't buy any more chickens if this carries on)

I guess you can teach an old cat new tricks

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1466 on: January 12, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »
Dear Sassy:

What's with sinking your fangs into the extra toilet paper rolls on the stand beside the toilet?  It makes it very difficult to unroll the paper when I need to use it!

Stop it!

Dear Sassy,

Biting the extra rolls are only the beginning.  You should graduate to pulling the roll off the stand, shredding much of it, and dragging it all over the house.  Trust me, that really gets the hoomans excited  >:D.

Yours,
Gracie

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #1467 on: January 13, 2014, 07:55:51 AM »
Dear Sassy:

Stop it!

Dear Sassy,

Biting the extra rolls are only the beginning.  You should graduate to pulling the roll off the stand, shredding much of it, and dragging it all over the house.  Trust me, that really gets the hoomans excited  >:D.

Yours,
Gracie

Ah, memories...

I used to come home to a house full of shredded tissue when mine were kittens. I had to hide the stuff for a while. <sniff> They grow up so fast.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1468 on: January 13, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
Dear Mocha,

You are eight months old today, which means we have had you for more than half your life! Please stop attacking the old kitties when they are drinking from the water dish. They need water just as much as you do. Enjoy your yogurt and cheese today.

Love,

Mum

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1469 on: January 13, 2014, 09:19:17 AM »
Dear Sassy:

Stop it!

Dear Sassy,

Yours,
Gracie

Ah, memories...

I used to come home to a house full of shredded tissue when mine were kittens. I had to hide the stuff for a while. <sniff> They grow up so fast.

I've had this silly cat for coming up on three years and she's just started doing this.  She's driving me nuts with her chewing/mouthing obsession right now.  I just gave her some new catnip toys so hopefully, that'll help.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario